• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Master Ball Trolling

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Edit:
    I thought I heard that Masterballs pass down as regular Pokeballs, but that could be wrong.

This has been confirmed. If you catch a female in a Master Ball and breed it the baby will come out in a regular Pokeball.

DON'T DO IT!!

Original Post:
    I will start with a little lesson. For those of you that don't know, with the release of XY a few breeding changes have been made, the one I am going to focus on is the Pokeball passing. When you breed Pokemon the baby will be given whatever ball the female was caught in. Just to note, I don't know how this works when breeding males with Ditto or when breeding genderless Pokemon.

With this change I have elected to catch my entire living Pokedex in Premier Balls, including the Legendaries. So now I am left with this Master Ball I have absolutely no use for. That's when I got the idea.

Why not catch a breedable female in the Master Ball? Then all the babies will have Master Balls as well. I've been thinking about this for a week or so and still haven't decided on the proper Pokemon to catch. Currently I'm leaning towards Scatterbug. I see an epic amount of entertainment sending these hatches out over Wonder Trade. For the people that notice the ball that is.

Is anybody else doing this? Have you thought about it? Are you thinking about it now? Discuss!!

Last edited:

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Oh my god, that's actually hilarious. Pfft. I always look at which ball the pokemon is in. I would probably just start cackling if I saw some common low level pokemon in a master ball.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • The idea of it sounds hilarious. XD Though I sometimes don't check the Pokeball. I actually think Magikarp would be a better choice for it. If not then that's what I'm doing since I don't like using my Master Ball on legendaries.

Years
  • Best idea ever! Ahahah! I wish i could see the people faces when they see a Scatterbug inside a master ball. :D

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Master Ball Trolling
    Master Ball Trolling

The faces of many trainers over the GTS or Wonder Trade.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • I seriously considered this as well. And yeah, as some people have said, Magikarp. But, you know, since I own both versions, I might be tempted to, I don't know, catch one of every common Pokemon in a masterball, by resetting Y and trading it over... You never know... :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Well I've thought about trading only the males so other people can't breed the Master Ball as well. A group of us could all pick something different and trade females though.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind doing this too, but I would need to wait until I buy a copy of X cause I currently used my master ball on mewtwo cause I wanted good IVs and Nature and found restore too dang annoying.
    Sounds like a fun troll though! :D

Years
  • I just used mine on Mewtwo. Master ball is perfect for it plus you bypass the annoying Recover.

If I ever start a separate file I might do that.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    I just used mine on Mewtwo. Master ball is perfect for it plus you bypass the annoying Recover.

If I ever start a separate file I might do that.

you could always try winning the lottery and get another master ball.

previously i'd just assume the pokemon was hacked...but i guess it'll be less obvious now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I'm not sure, but wouldn't a female Ditto be the best option since it can breed with almost any pokemon?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Did anyone Master Ball Gyarados in Gen. IV? Was it female? If so, there's your future Magikarp Breeding Station™ (I trademarked that, uh-huh).

I try to leave the Master Ball unused. Even when there's only one left to catch. I didn't do this with Soul Silver as I went to find Ho-oh with a Lv.55ish team (Ho-oh was Lv.70), so I chucked the Ball and that was that. Whee.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I'm not sure, but wouldn't a female Ditto be the best option since it can breed with almost any pokemon?

Ditto is genderless. Dittos do not pass down the Poke Ball they're captured in. Breeding a male with a Ditto will also result in a regular Poke Ball.

Kiara

Laughing Hyena
    Years
  • I thought I heard that Masterballs pass down as regular Pokeballs, but that could be wrong.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    How about a dopey looking Bidoof? Bidoof is always funny.

Actually I would evolve it. Bibarel is awesome as it learns all HM in Gen 6 except Fly. So out of 5 HM it learns 4 which is perfect for the moveslots. It also gains STAB on all of them. Strength and Waterfall are 80 power each. With an Adamant Nature it can be a useful HM Slave.

I thought I heard that Masterballs pass down as regular Pokeballs, but that could be wrong.

That is interesting, I will test it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    This sounds amazing tbh i was thinking of all pokeballs xD but this sounds much funnier and entertaining.

Back