• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mawile & Medicham (X&Y)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I've been battling online and I'm wondering why more people aren't using Medicham & Mawile. Not in their regular forms though; in their mega forms. Mega Medicham's max attack stat with 31 IVs, 252 EVs, and a beneficial nature is 328. But it gets better. Medicham/Mega Medicham's ability is pure power, which doubles it's attack stat, making it's max attack stat 656. Mega Mawile's max attack stat with 31 IVs, 252 EVs, and a beneficial nature is 339. But guess what? Mega Mawile's ability is huge power, doubling it's max attack stat to a whopping 678. This makes them the hardest hitters in the game, as far as I'm concerned. Do people just not realize this, or what? Because I haven't seen anyone else use these two.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've been battling online and I'm wondering why more people aren't using Medicham & Mawile. Not in their regular forms though; in their mega forms. Mega Medicham's max attack stat with 31 IVs, 252 EVs, and a beneficial nature is 328. But it gets better. Medicham/Mega Medicham's ability is pure power, which doubles it's attack stat, making it's max attack stat 656. Mega Mawile's max attack stat with 31 IVs, 252 EVs, and a beneficial nature is 339. But guess what? Mega Mawile's ability is huge power, doubling it's max attack stat to a whopping 678. This makes them the hardest hitters in the game, as far as I'm concerned. Do people just not realize this, or what? Because I haven't seen anyone else use these two.

People already know this because they actually used them. Mega Medicham's Attack is 100; Mega Mawile's is 105.

Years
    IMO

medicham isnt quick enough to sweep

&

mawile isnt tough enough to be a wall

im not saying they are bad pokemon, but
    this leaves them both outclassed for online play

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    IMO

medicham isnt quick enough to sweep

&

mawile isnt tough enough to be a wall

im not saying they are bad pokemon, but
    this leaves them both outclassed for online play
    Don't be so sure of this; you're underestimating what Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile can do.

100 Speed, while not the best Speed benchmark to have, is a big step up from base 80 Speed, making Medicham more effective as an attacker.

Mega Mawile's HP may still be at 50, but its good defensive typing, Defense of 125 and Special Defense of 95 are enough to compensate for it. Because of this, it can take a hit easily and retaliate with strong physical moves.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    Mega Mawile is far from outclassed, in online play. Huge Power plus good defenses + resistances and access to a priority move is quite good. Slap a Swords Dance on that and you will net some KO's.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've found with some HP and Sp.Def investment, Mawile can tank a couple hits, especially if you can get an Intimidate off. And with your opponent predicting Sucker Punch, if you can set up a Swords Dance or two, you'll be fine.

Haven't used Medicham all that much so I can't really comment.

But tbh, I think most people are just using other Megas for their teams, Medicham and Mawile don't exactly outclass the rest of them.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    I've found with some HP and Sp.Def investment, Mawile can tank a couple hits, especially if you can get an Intimidate off. And with your opponent predicting Sucker Punch, if you can set up a Swords Dance or two, you'll be fine.

Haven't used Medicham all that much so I can't really comment.

But tbh, I think most people are just using other Megas for their teams, Medicham and Mawile don't exactly outclass the rest of them.

Well my medicham is able to one hit Mega Khan and Tyranitar atm.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    I've been using Medicham since Gen 3, with a little setup, he's a very hard force to stop. In gen 4 I would use a Ninjask to swords dance, then protect, then Baton Pass to a Focus Sash Medicham with Drain Punch.

Barring running into a physical wall, Medicham would Drain Punch his way back to full health then sweep the enemy team.

Years
    I didn't know Medicham got boosted Speed when in its Mega form, but at least it matches a lot of the usual base 100 Speed threats running around in OU. Plus, Pure Power still makes it hit extremely hard with physical moves.

And Mega Mawile is definitely the most deadly Mega right now, decent defensive stats coupled with Huge Power can make it quite scary to fight. I admit it made me love Mawile even more, given how awesome the design is and the fact it has two powerful STABs in Iron Head and Play Rough. Plus it gets Sucker Punch when it needs some priority.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    I didn't know Medicham got boosted Speed when in its Mega form, but at least it matches a lot of the usual base 100 Speed threats running around in OU. Plus, Pure Power still makes it hit extremely hard with physical moves.

And Mega Mawile is definitely the most deadly Mega right now, decent defensive stats coupled with Huge Power can make it quite scary to fight. I admit it made me love Mawile even more, given how awesome the design is and the fact it has two powerful STABs in Iron Head and Play Rough. Plus it gets Sucker Punch when it needs some priority.

I agree that MegaWile having access to Huge power plus Sucker punch is very scar to go against. It is worth noting that the nerf to steel type resistances really allows sucker punch to hit more Pokemon harder than usual, such as Scizor

Back