• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Maybe Gen 7 have fusion pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Maybe Gen 7 have fusion pokemon.

maybe they add new evolution feature in gen 7. you have to fuse to pokemon to make new pokemon lol

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • now THIS is what I call thinking lmao. I would love a game wheir you get to fuse pokmeon into new pokemon lol. like say for instance blaziken fused with lucario.
    sadly not too many folks like the concept of fusion pokemon and I highly doubt gamefreak would do this anyway(unless we beg the creators of SMT lol)

Years
  • I'm afraid you might be right . Hey we already have kyruem

Ahaha, I know right? As for xseed's SMT reference, I feel like the way N is able befriend Pokemon by talking to them is similar to demon recruitment in the SMT games. So, we may be closer to it than we think.. Atlus x Gamefreak.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Then next will be Trainer and Pokemon fusing together to make a new pokemon. Pokemon will just seem to be like Digimon if they go this way.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Then next will be Trainer and Pokemon fusing together to make a new pokemon. Pokemon will just seem to be like Digimon if they go this way.

There's already an official Pokémon manga that is about fusing the trainer and its Pokémon.

Back to the main topic, fusing Pokémon to Pokémon is a bit unoriginal. :/ We have Kyurem already, is there a real need for fusion?

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I dearly hope this will never happen.
    Kyurem was alright - it was part of it's story anyway.
    But other than that I would hate it if regular Pokémon were suddenly fusable. Q.Q

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I thought of this idea a few years back and it's implications.

1 - For this idea to work, pokemon need to be able to have 3 types. Not something gamefreak has ever hinted at. Let alone the mechanics almost falling to pieces with some pokemon potentially being 8x weak to certain typed moves

2 - The fusing pokemon must share at least one common type. If they had to be the exact same typing it would severely limit the amount of possible fusions and effectively make it a moot point.

3 - Would the resulting pokemon have one moveset, the other, a combination of both or all 8? and how would these moves be determined? There was talk previously about 6 moves for each pokemon being introduced in Gen 6, but the general consensus is that 6 moves make pokemon like Salamence un-counterable.

4 - The sheer number of possible combinations, new pokemon, stats, abilities, cries, footprints ect. It would be introducing a huge amount of data to the already data-overladden games. Not something that GameFreak would like to do as since most people wouldn't ever even attempt to make every fusion.

All in all, despite this being a really cool idea, the execution would be extremely difficult. Here's not to write it of though, but just don't hold your breath.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Back to the main topic, fusing Pokémon to Pokémon is a bit unoriginal. :/ We have Kyurem already, is there a real need for fusion?

Kyurem isn't the only example of Pokémon fusion. In the Pokémon Adventures manga we've had Thu-Fi-Zer and in the Pokémon anime we've had Venustoise. While probably not canon to the same length that the games are it still means that there's been Pokémon fusion in the past. I can't see it coming up particularly frequently in future games but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Plus, what about Pokémon like Magnemite and Diglett? Could their evolutions be considered a form of Pokémon fusion?

Username Unavailable

User Title Unavailable
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    Kyurem isn't the only example of Pokémon fusion. In the Pokémon Adventures manga we've had Thu-Fi-Zer and in the Pokémon anime we've had Venustoise. While probably not canon to the same length that the games are it still means that there's been Pokémon fusion in the past. I can't see it coming up particularly frequently in future games but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Plus, what about Pokémon like Magnemite and Diglett? Could their evolutions be considered a form of Pokémon fusion?

Seconding this. Though, what about Magnezone and how it deviates from Magneton?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Probably simply an evolution of that fusion.

Since the idea of fusion is heavily tied to Digimon, Paildramon digivolving into Imperialdramon is a good example. It's simply a further increase in strength over the previous fusion.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • And we would have new Digimon... yeah why not...?
    This would seriously be too much... On the other hand after MEGA evolutions I'm pretty sure this will happen in future...

now THIS is what I call thinking lmao. I would love a game wheir you get to fuse pokmeon into new pokemon lol. like say for instance blaziken fused with lucario.
    sadly not too many folks like the concept of fusion pokemon and I highly doubt gamefreak would do this anyway(unless we beg the creators of SMT lol)
    Lol... Atlus doing Pokemon games =D That would be overkill that I would immediately buy xD
    Especially if it was done Persona way =D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Woah guys, gen 6 isn't even out yet, and you're already speculating on stuff in gen 7? Wait a few years and then you can go nuts, but until then just enjoy the short-term future.

Given this section is for discussing 6 gen stuff only, going to close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back