• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

McDonald's Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

Years
    Yes, its obvious that fast food is bad. This proves that fact. It's repulsive, and it shows why Americans are, by and large (literally, LOL), out of shape and unhealthy. We eat this stuff, all the time.

But like Donn said, blame the food processors and the FDA for allowing this garbage to be served. :/

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes, its obvious that fast food is bad. This proves that fact. It's repulsive, and it shows why Americans are, by and large (literally, LOL), out of shape and unhealthy. We eat this stuff, all the time.

But like Donn said, blame the food processors and the FDA for allowing this garbage to be served. :/

But.... But..... It tastes so good! :O

And what do you mean out-of-shape? Isn't round a shape? ?o_0?

:P

Years
    But.... But..... It tastes so good! :O

And what do you mean out-of-shape? Isn't round a shape? ?o_0?

:P

Indeed, I love me some Wendys too. :DDD

'Out of shape' in the unhealthy, not physically fit sense.

But they make it taste so good, so you keep going back for more, making them richer, and the eater unhealthier.

SIN1488

Years

Indeed, I love me some Wendys too. :DDD

'Out of shape' in the unhealthy, not physically fit sense.

But they make it taste so good, so you keep going back for more, making them richer, and the eater unhealthier.

Yep, I don't worry though, to me fast food is just a small source of protein, and the fat content doesn't bother me because my body doesn't seem to like storing it, since I have a high metabolism. But my dad on the other hand..... :O

And I wonder exactly what kind of gnarly preservatives they put in this stuff?

Emonga

Autistic and proud of it
    Years
    That is so disgusting. I almost never eat there and no I mostly never will get there again.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Yes, because clearly McDonalds wants to poison it's audience with those nasty, evil chemicals which are sure to rot us from the inside out.

That fat? Pshh. The chemicals are all the worlds' ills in one, nasty, disgusting burger.

I feel so informed now. n_n

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I read about that. I thought that was interesting. It does show some proof that maybe their food isn't as natural as they claim. Well not all fast food are natural. XD I stopped eating that stuff two years ago. And I don't miss it at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    So I shouldn't eat it because... it doesn't have mold?

What?

Nothing wrong with preservatives. The FDA says it's safe, so it doesn't bother me a bit. You can pry my McDonalds from my cold, dead, fat hands.

SIN1488

Years
    Some preservatives and food ingredients are weird, as when I looked at the ingredients in a container of chili powder, it says "silicon dioxide", and it says afte that (Added to make free-flowing), which I guess keeps it from clumping together. But still, glass in my food, on purpose? :S

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    So I shouldn't eat it because... it doesn't have mold?

What?

Nothing wrong with preservatives. The FDA says it's safe, so it doesn't bother me a bit. You can pry my McDonalds from my cold, dead, fat hands.
    I agree, if the FDA says it's safe it's safe.

I mean, they go crazy over the most minor side affects. They've banned medications that help treat cancer, AIDs, and so on far better than other ones we use just because of minor side-affects like rashes.

Hm, a rash or cancer. Which would I rather have..

Anyways, to get back on topic, I still don't like the amount of preservatives in McDonalds. Gives it a non-natural taste. I didn't eat it before, and I still wont.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Guys, I'm just saying but a spokesperson for McDonalds claimed pretty clearly that the person doing this experiment did not achieve reproducible results, saying that the only reason it would do this is if it was tampered with somehow and that the results were abnormal.

I'm inclined to believe he would not challenge us to reproduce it if he wasn't sure we could not. So yeah. I personally think this is fake.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well I don't even like McDonald's food anyway, so i don't really care if something so obvious is now proven!
    But tell me, all of you who were disguisted by this, how long will it take you to go and eat at McDonald's again?

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    ...This is somewhat interesting, but it's old news. I mean, there may be chemicals or something to keep it from molding, and that means that this may not be healthy. We all know fast food isn't good for you. Old news.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I could have sworn reading something similar, but the trial was for a whole year. It was left over a window. The climate might have been slightly dry, but any bugs that flew through the window completely ignored the burger. Making it obvious how artificial it should have been.

Indeed, I only eat McDonalds as a last hunger resort. If I want a burger, I want Burger King or Whataburger, but I also get urges for some Chick-Fil-A. Perfectly fine food to me. I really want to avoid McDonalds though, and that has been going on for me for a while because it doesn't take my good ol' 8th grade science teacher's biology lectures to get into the heads of normal people that McDonalds food is basically destroying us.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Well I don't even like McDonald's food anyway, so i don't really care if something so obvious is now proven!
    But tell me, all of you who were disguisted by this, how long will it take you to go and eat at McDonald's again?

I'm pretty sure after watching supersize me I went out and bought macdonalds haha.

but hey, everything in moderation right?

But for health reasons and because i want to get fit to be a Cop I have sworn off fast food for a year :( byebye preservative filled burgers, I'll miss you!

Back