• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

McDonald's Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

Years
    Well I don't even like McDonald's food anyway, so i don't really care if something so obvious is now proven!
    But tell me, all of you who were disguisted by this, how long will it take you to go and eat at McDonald's again?

I've never eaten at McDonalds my whole life, just so you know :P I'm raised vegetarian and my father told me they make their fries with animal oil or something along those lines.

Years
    There have been an endless amount of documentaries and third party tests on fast food places including McDonald's.

If you eat that stuff and don't give a seconds though of what it consists off, then fair enough. But you are eating crap. End off.

I don't eat any fast food because:

1. It tastes foul.
    2. It is expensive
    3. It is nicer to cook your own food
    4. I am not lazy

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    ...So?
    I don't particularly see the problem with using preservatives. As long as they have been thoroughly tested to assure the fact that they have no side affects, then what is wrong with them? That they're unnatural? When was the last time you saw a bread tree?

Besides if they were made from scratch per order in the kitchen then it wouldn't be fast food would it? It would take just as long as buying it in a normal restaurant.

I mean sure it's a little weird, but it's not doing any harm is it? Apart from possibly to the bacteria that lost their lives attempting to colonise that burger.

Just to say, I do have a problem with using chemicals that have side effects such as say hyperactivity.

Poor brave bacteria... :( that made looking at a McDonald's hamburger so much funnier now, though...

McDonalds the MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) of the future!

Its pretty disturbing, but honestly its fast food so its not too much of a shock for me. Sad when even mold chooses to not in try to "eat" some of the stuff we put into our bodies >D.

LOL! :cer_laugh: Even as non-sentinent as it is, mold is pretty smart! :cer_nod:

But.... But..... It tastes so good! :O
    :P

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! OM NOM NOM...

That's how you know the food was good when you bought it, if it's still good six months later! :D

Heck yeah! I guess you do get your money's worth from McDonald's... :cer_laugh:

Guys, I'm just saying but a spokesperson for McDonalds claimed pretty clearly that the person doing this experiment did not achieve reproducible results, saying that the only reason it would do this is if it was tampered with somehow and that the results were abnormal.

I'm inclined to believe he would not challenge us to reproduce it if he wasn't sure we could not. So yeah. I personally think this is fake.

Yeah...also in the Yahoo! article, there was something in the comments about the position of one of the buns being altered between shots or something... :\

I keep hearing 'Supersize Me'. Isn't that "larger than large" size you see at McDonalds?

It used to be. I think it's been discontinued for the most part as a size. It's also the name of a documentary used to explore how McDonald's is basically making people unhealthy and stuff. Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

ARGH...now I'm hungry for some Mickey D's! :surprised: Should've never clicked the thread link!

Mmm...fries & burgers...McDonalds... *drools*

Years
    Poor brave bacteria... :( that made looking at a McDonald's hamburger so much funnier now, though...

LOL! :cer_laugh: Even as non-sentinent as it is, mold is pretty smart! :cer_nod:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! OM NOM NOM...

Heck yeah! I guess you do get your money's worth from McDonald's... :cer_laugh:

Yeah...also in the Yahoo! article, there was something in the comments about the position of one of the buns being altered between shots or something... :\

It used to be. I think it's been discontinued for the most part as a size. It's also the name of a documentary used to explore how McDonald's is basically making people unhealthy and stuff. Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

ARGH...now I'm hungry for some Mickey D's! :surprised: Should've never clicked the thread link!

Mmm...fries & burgers...McDonalds... *drools*

Here's some healthy filling alternatives!
    https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bell-Peppers-and-Pasta/Detail.aspx

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brunch-Scramble/Detail.aspx

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/California-Grilled-Veggie-Sandwich/Detail.aspx

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Italian-Giardiniera/Detail.aspx

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Individual-Chikn-Pot-Pies-with-Puff-Pastry/Detail.aspx

:D

Back on Topic:
    I hope this thread shows people that you should be careful what you eat >=3

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Back on Topic:
    I hope this thread shows people that you should be careful what you eat >=3

I still can't understand why people think it's bad for McDonalds to sell food that doesn't go off. I mean clearly this is no worse for you than fast food in general, so what is everyone so worried about?
    Besides, it's not like they're actually going to serve you a year old burger.

Years
    Mmmm... that burger was lookin' gud by day 180... *drools*
    But seriously? What bun doesn't even mold after such a long time? That's freakin' nasty, lmao. xD

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    This is why you shouldn't be lazy and make your own food *rolls eye*

Yeah, because at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a road trip, I know we all love to whip out the trusty oven we keep in our trunk and have ourselves a home cooked meal!

The point of fast food is convenience. Regardless of what's in it, people continue to eat fast food, because it's cheap, tastes good to most people, filling, and fast. Fast food has a niche, and it's not going anywhere.

As others have said, this won't stop anyone who likes fast food (or can only afford fast food) from eating it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Stays fresh for 6 months?! sounds like the food of tomorrow to me

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    A bit late to the party, but: I can't believe that food like McDonald's can last this long. But I can't help but think that the food would taste bad after that period.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    A friend of mine was telling me about this just last night. Personally, I know what to stock up on now for survival in a nuclear holocaust.:rambo:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    This is nasty, It makes me not want to eat McDonalds..
    Pretty interesting though.

The way you guys are talking makes me wonder if you buy anything that comes in cans, bottles, or packages. You make preservatives sound like poison.

And all fast food is prepared in essentially the same way - fryers, grills, etc.

All restaurants are just as nasty in the kitchen, fast food or otherwise. In actual restaurants where you wait for your food, you'd be horrified to see what goes on in the kitchen - they throw food and just generally screw around.

Anyway, I support the McDonalds spokesperson - it's not possible for something to last that long without being frozen or altered in some way. It just isn't. Meat and bread won't turn into plastic.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    I don't ever go to fast food restaurants. Oily, fatty food makes me sick. D:

Back