• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Media Players-What do you use?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I know its another useless tech thread but i am in the mood for it. So for your media(music movies and such) what do you use? I use good ol Winamp. Simple reliable and i find it very friendly if using bento.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I use iTunes, just because I'm a Mac user.
    On my PC I use Windows Media Player.

Pretty much just because they're there xD the media keys on my keyboards work well with them.

Ah, also I tend to watch videos in VLC or DiVX player.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    VLC Media Player. You couldn't get me to use a different program if you paid me.

Also, they just released version 0.99. Almost time for the big 1.0!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm using Winamp, just like Mitchman~

Bento is actually the skin I'm using right now, though I'm very very fond of the Good Ol Electric Skin too. Used that one until I got this last recent release of Winamp.

I probably should have VLC. But never bothered getting it. So apparently, I don't need it enough XD

For watching DVDs on my PC, I use PowerDVD. I don't know how I got it ._.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I primarily use Winamp. I use VLC for videos, and sometimes I even use it instead of Winamp for music.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Is there a playlist function on VLC?
    Yeah, there is. You can load and save playlists, too. The only thing I really don't like about VLC is the lack of a decent media library.
    Edit: Forgot, it does have a library...but it's not that great.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For music, I use Winamp. For everything else, I use The KMPlayer.

I used to use iTunes but the only reason I'd used it for ages was because it auto sorts my music when I add it to the library but then I realized how much I hated the way it sorts it and switched back to Winamp.

Years
    For music, I use MediaMonkey. It syncs perfectly with my Zen, and obtaining album art is easy. For videos, I just use Media Player (mainly because I downloaded the K-Lite Codec pack a while back).

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    WMP.

Because I can't really be bothered to get another one.

Even though when I get a new I-Pod I'll probably use I-tunes.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
    itunes for music.
    Miro for videos, I guarantee it's the best one I've used, it even can play Hi-Def videos. And it's open source. I've never had as many problems as I did with Winamp.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    realplayer, nero showtime, itunes, windows media player, etc... is all of what I use :D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    VLC media player + Media Player Classic + Windows Media Player (just because it's there already) + CCCP = All you need to play ANY form of audio and video. That's what I believe anyway.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I use Xion (beta) for music it is skinnable via PSD file I use VLC player for Video

I used to use winamp until I realized it was cutting my sound quality and video quality and the only way to get it to function at full power is to pay them

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Audio: iTunes (general use), Windows Media Player (default program on double-click); VLC (uncommon filetypes).
    Video: VLC Player; RealPlayer (VLC can't play .rvmb files).

I would use VLC for everything (obviously except .rvmb) but it doesn't remember library settings and can't play files with unicode characters in their names.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    VLC Media Player. You couldn't get me to use a different program if you paid me.
    Clearly you don't have much music.
    ~
    I use Foobar2000, via VMware fusion on MacOSX. This entire arrangement uses less resources than iTunes on it's own @_@

Reactions: Zet

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Although I have a lot of media players installed (they came with my laptop), I don't use all of them.

For music I use iTunes, simply because I like the way everything is sorted and it looks nice.
    For videos I only use Media Player Classic + CCCP. <= Plays just about every single video format except .rmvb, but then I just use MPlayer or RealPlayer for those.

Back