• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meet the PokeCommunity'ers #13: maccrash (Ellory James Robert, Dorkly, The Pirate) [Daily Bloggity Entry #170]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color:#181818 ; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    rWZ1wFP.png

maccrash

"Meet the PokeCommunity'ers" is a series of the Daily Bloggity in which I have a one-on-one with specific members of PC in which we can get to know them more. All responses are in their own words, and questions were made on a general basis. If you would like to see a specific user in the next edition, comment below! This will be a weekly series appearing in the Daily Bloggity at 5 PM Eastern Time every Sunday.

Date: 26 October 2014
    Time: 12:35 PM ET
    Mood: Embracing my inner Ron Burgandy

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]When did you become a member of PokeCommunity and how did you come across it?[/css-div]I became a member in February of this year, I think, but I kinda just hung around in the shadows until like April or May, I think. me and Luck Hax originally planned it as a sort of conquest for us; our older internet home (a forum of George's creation actually) had been shut down a month or so before, and we were kinda left stumbling around in the dark with no place to really "call our own" as it were. this place has pretty much become my home now; I can't speak for George. so it was successful as far as I'm concerned! (George is Luck Hax by the way, I'm not sure who knows that)

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]So you and Luck Hax knew each other before PokeCommunity? What lead to the shutting down of the site you referred to?[/css-div] yup, I've known Luck Hax for about 2 and a half years now. I met him on Marriland. he was a big scary admin there so naturally when he approached me I was shocked. but it blossomed into a beautiful friendship and if it weren't for him I wouldn't be here today and I probably would have quit internet stuff a long time ago.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What is the significance or origin behind your username? Past usernames?[/css-div]maccrash has been my username since I was like 7 years old. mac is the first three letters of my last name and crash comes from my favorite video game series at the time (and still), Crash Bandicoot. Crash Bandicoot 3 is still my favorite game ever. I have to play through it at least once every six months or so or else I get jittery.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Which forum do you see yourself gravitating towards the most and why?[/css-div]general chat, much like every other forum I've ever been a part of. I never really got into the ins and outs of competitive Pokemon so I feel out of place there. in fact most of the time I just get the Pokemon games and play them through a couple times without paying much attention to any of the intricacies. whoops! also culture & media because I love to read and I love to watch movies and I love to listen to music.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Which "Off Topics" name do you prefer more: General Chat or Chit Chat Cafe, and why?[/css-div] uhh, probably General Chat. it's more to the point. why do we have to make the board a cafe.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]If you could make any improvement to the site, what would it be and why? If you can't think of anything, what would you like to stay consistent?[/css-div]it seems as if the same few topics in off-topic are cycled through after awhile (with some exceptions of course) and that kinda gets stale after awhile. but I'm pretty sure that's the fate of every single off-topic board ever so like yeah whatever.

Daily Music - "Kerou's Lament" by Ellory James Robert
    Spoiler:
    [css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]If you could moderate any section which section would you choose and why? What would be the section you would least like to moderate?[/css-div]uh, probably culture & media because I know the most about all the topics at hand and they're all passions of mine. but off-topic would be fun too. as far as what I'd be least likely to moderate probably ROM hacks or anything pokemon-related because my knowledge is incredibly limited compared to almost everyone else on this site, heh.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Some would say that Culture & Media isn't exactly the most productive section on PokeCommunity when it comes to thread content; if you were made a moderator of C&M, what would you personally do to try to boost activity there?[/css-div] it's definitely not particularly productive, but I'd try to implement some "events" so to speak like watching movies together or doing that radio thing together (I'm not sure what website is used for that right now but I know a good website for that kind of thing myself). things like that would probably go a long way.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Who would you consider a role model for yourself, in real life and/or on PC?[/css-div]a couple of my "idols" are David Foster Wallace because he writes brilliantly and Phillip Seymour Hoffman because he's an amazing actor and Isaac Brock (of Modest Mouse fame) because he makes absolutely amazing music, but none of those people have particularly glamorous lifestyles and the former were two incredibly troubled guys (both dead now) and Isaac Brock, like, killed dogs in the '90s so I mean I can't win here.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What would you say was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's best performance as an actor? Also, how did you react to his sudden death earlier this year?[/css-div] his performance in Synecdoche, New York (my second favorite movie) is absolutely astounding but he's excellent in every single movie I've seen him in so it's hard to choose. (seriously though everyone should watch Synecdoche, New York if they haven't.) and it is quite saddening, especially considering he was so young and he was still doing quite, quite well for himself. he had so much more potential!

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What is your favorite pokemon and why?[/css-div]Lapras. once upon a time my cousin and I made this really elaborate fake pokemon city for ourselves and Lapras was pretty much the selling point of the city -- like you had to ride one to get there and stuff like that. so ever since then I've held a special place in my heart for Lapras. plus it's awesome so.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Tell us more about this fake Pokemon city. Why did you and your cousin decide to make this?[/css-div] oh man, if I remember correctly it was a place you'd go after beating the Elite Four but it had something like "the ninth gym" which was super hard. it was way off the beaten path obviously and you had to surf on the Lapras to get there, but that's really all I remember unfortunately. at the time we were even gonna attempt to contact people and get it into one of the games (which was naive of us but we were like 10 and 12 so we should get a pass). we were really into Pokemon at the time (and video games in general) and we were really into the idea of designing things for games and stuff like that. now that I know about all the effort that goes into it I'm much less inclined to do something like that. heheheh.

Daily Comic - "Mr. Miyamoto" by Dorkly
    Spoiler:
    [css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]If you were granted a wish and could wish for anything - besides more wishes and more genies - what would you wish for and why?[/css-div]to never have to eat again so I could avoid every gastrointestinal problem ever.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What is your favorite video game or series and why?[/css-div]Crash Bandicoot because hella nostalgia and (for the first three, at least) they're all incredibly fun and have held up so well. but Zelda's also up there because Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker and Majora's Mask and even Phantom Hourglass were all games that I played a ton of when I was younger, and are still, obviously, masterpieces to this day.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]If Nintendo announced that they were eliminating all future and past Legend of Zelda games and you were only allowed to keep one, which game would you choose to keep and why?[/css-div] either Twilight Princess or Wind Waker because I never beat either of them somehow and they were both immensely fun from what I played. TP was super long too so that'll occupy my time for awhile.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Who is your favorite video game character and why?[/css-div]yikes

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What would you say is your dream vacation?[/css-div]in a beautiful place out in the country. with a girl that I liked. sorry. That Was Teenaged.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Who is your favorite artist/song?[/css-div]my favorite artist is Modest Mouse. my favorite song of theirs is Trailer Trash. my favorite song of all time is maybe Kerou's Lament by Ellery James Roberts but my favorite song changes every three days or so, so that may not be a good answer. but seriously listen to both of those songs. Modest Mouse is incredibly special to me and no one comes close to them in my mind anymore.

Daily Video - "Game Grumps Animated - The Pirate" by animator Corax
    Spoiler:
    [css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What would you say is your favorite TV or cartoon to watch as a kid? [/css-div]I'm pretty sure I saw every episode of SpongeBob at least 15 times each when I was younger, and hell they're still hilarious today.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]What would you say was your favorite episode of Spongebob? If that's too difficult to do, give us a top 3.[/css-div]the one where Squidward has to conduct a band with all of them in it, called "Band Geeks" I think the episode was. but seriously almost every episode before they put the movie out was golden.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Outside of PokeCommunity, what are your favorite hobbies? What interests you?[/css-div]I play drums, piano and saxophone and I listen to an absolute ****ton of music. music is my #1 thing. I'm a music snob/nerd and I've listened to way too much of it but I also regret none of it. music is awesome. also I want to start writing screenplays and I have tons and tons of ideas for a book circulating in my head. I almost didn't write this here because people might roll their eyes at this. [; but yeah. I have one really particular idea for a novel fleshed out in my head, and I can't wait until I have the energy/motivation to make it come to fruition.

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Can we get a little sneak peak as to what the book you're planning on writing is about? Or do you want to keep it under wraps?[/css-div]I'm planning it to be this huge, sprawling, unrelenting novel about a high school with a ton of overlapping storylines with a whole bunch of characters. but I'm going to try to make it really, really honest and show the darker side of things that go down in a high school. and some of the characters are gonna have awful lives and some of them are gonna wish they were something they're not and some of them are gonna wish they weren't what they are and stuff like that. maybe that was incomprehensible but hopefully you got the gist. I might post some of it to PC once I've gotten some written for some critiquing!

[css-div="text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000"]Want to give a shoutout to a fellow PC'er?[/css-div]hi shenanigans [;

What kind of questions do you have for maccrash? Who would you like to see next? Comment below and I'll make it happen!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

[/css-div]​

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    who is this person???

no but really these blog entries are 10/10 and so is maccrash xox

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    also can we just talk about the hard on this site has for maccrash, it is strong

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I wrote the "yikes" as a placeholder and I was gonna go back and replace it but I couldn't think of anything. and forgot. whoops. regardless thanks guys. <3

Back