• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What does mega sableye being released yesterday have to do with it?
    Photoshop is easy as hell to use all they have to do is remove the existing image and replace it with another one.
    This could've been made a week ago for all we know, and they were just waiting for something to be released, and then mega sableye was released, so they simply edited it a little.

And really it wouldn't have taken that long to fake latios. All you need is basically a pic of latios, a pic of a Pokemon mega evolving, and May mega evolving a Pokemon - replace Serena/Calum with May in the pic of the Pokemon mega evolving, and then shrink down a pic of latios over the Pokemon and viola.

It just seems really fake to me.

Oh yes, it could very well be fake. However, If Photoshop is easy as hell to use, you make a fake picture like that and post it.

Tho, it is also rather odd how all but one picture is recent iirc. So yeah it could be fake. I'm just hoping most of those Pokemon do get megas and I can see all of then getting one except Ludicolo and the one beside it. Idek what the heck it is atm

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Oh yes, it could very well be fake. However, If Photoshop is easy as hell to use, you make a fake picture like that and post it.

Tho, it is also rather odd how all but one picture is recent iirc. So yeah it could be fake. I'm just hoping most of those Pokemon do get megas and I can see all of then getting one except Ludicolo and the one beside it. Idek what the heck it is atm

I'm on my iPad so I can't use photoshop, and on my computer I don't even have photoshop, and even if I did, I'm not a professional at it like some people. But here, look at these fake leaks from x and y, do you not see how easy it is to use?

Spoiler:

Years
    I'm on my iPad so I can't use photoshop, and on my computer I don't even have photoshop, and even if I did, I'm not a professional at it like some people. But here, look at these fake leaks from x and y, do you not see how easy it is to use?

Spoiler:

All but the last one look fake. And who knows, Nintendo has scrapped Pokemon before. I'll I'm saying.is it's possible. And if you need to be a professional, then it's not so easy to use. Lets just stop this tho, before we get an infraction. We I think it's likely to be fake, and you think it's fake. We almost have the same views. How ever I did hear that that they were going to add a Mega Dragonite.

Anyways, to get back on topic completely do you think that most of those Pokemon are likely to get Megas tho?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    All but the last one look fake. And who knows, Nintendo has scrapped Pokemon before. I'll I'm saying.is it's possible. And if you need to be a professional, then it's not so easy to use. Lets just stop this tho, before we get an infraction. We I think it's likely to be fake, and you think it's fake. We almost have the same views. How ever I did hear that that they were going to add a Mega Dragonite.

Anyways, to get back on topic completely do you think that most of those Pokemon are likely to get Megas tho?

All the pokemon in that picture you two think is fake, it is very likely. Half of them are version exclusives. Camerupt and Sharpedo make sense, due to Archie and Maxie having a mega stone. However, I would be weary of it. I am certain Flygon will though, being that it was a main pokemon in one of the movies, like a few others who have gotten megas like Absol and Lucario. I don't think the would show this many in 1 week though.

My main question is, where did you find the photo?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years

The only reason the first two look fake is because you know what they are supposed to look like. They came out on October 3rd, which was before the game was released. Try to think back to then, before you'd seen what they really should've looked like, and they'll be pretty convincing.

And yes, it's easy to use once you know how to use it, obviously it's not going to bee say to use for some random pulled off the street who has no experience... I thought that was a given already and didn't need explaining...

And no because I think there are too many hoenn megas right now. I would like them all to get megas, but I really don't like hoenn Pokemon all that much, so I don't particularly want the whole gen to be spammed with megas

Years
    The only reason the first two look fake is because you know what they are supposed to look like. They came out on October 3rd, which was before the game was released. Try to think back to then, before you'd seen what they really should've looked like, and they'll be pretty convincing.

And yes, it's easy to use once you know how to use it, obviously it's not going to bee say to use for some random pulled off the street who has no experience... I thought that was a given already and didn't need explaining...

And no because I think there are too many hoenn megas right now. I would like them all to get megas, but I really don't like hoenn Pokemon all that much, so I don't particularly want the whole gen to be spammed with megas

Even if you have basic knowledge of it pulling off a picture like those would still be hard.
    And the Dragonite picture is in bad quality, the second is missing it's Pentagon.

I think Gamefreak will make more Hoenn megas, and still release some from other titles. Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo seem very likely now that we know Archie and Maxie have Megas stones.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Even if you have basic knowledge of it pulling off a picture like those would still be hard.
    And the Dragonite picture is in bad quality, the second is missing it's Pentagon.

I think Gamefreak will make more Hoenn megas, and still release some from other titles. Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo seem very likely now that we know Archie and Maxie have Megas stones.

Yes, that's exactly why the picture of Latios mega evolving is low quality and half of its cut off... It's one of the most basic techniques of faking pics, make it lq so no one can see the edits easily, and then cut off part of the image so no one can trace it

And yea the dragonite pic is lq because it was taken on the 3ds and you can't justify the missing pentagon because nobody knew what the hell the pentagon was for at the time because the game hadn't even been officially released, that's exactly why I told you to think back to when the games weren't out and we didn't know what the official stuff looked like

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It could be fake, after all all those Pokemon listed are very popular. I think I even put all of those on my list of pokemon likely to get Megas...

What if Maxie and Archie give you the Mega stone for Camerupt and Sharpedo at Mt. Pyre as a way to say sorry for all the trouble they caused. That'll make them version exclusives though...

Years
    It could be fake, after all all those Pokemon listed are very popular. I think I even put all of those on my list of pokemon likely to get Megas...

What if Maxie and Archie give you the Mega stone for Camerupt and Sharpedo at Mt. Pyre as a way to say sorry for all the trouble they caused. That'll make them version exclusives though...

Even Ludicolo?

Also, The Mega stones might just be version exclusives. Or GF could make them version exclusives.
    I'm nit sure how else you'd get the Mega stones. I know finding them could work, but I think only they will likely have then but who knows.

Years
    Even Ludicolo?

Also, The Mega stones might just be version exclusives. Or GF could make them version exclusives.
    I'm nit sure how else you'd get the Mega stones. I know finding them could work, but I think only they will likely have then but who knows.

I speculated Ludicolo awhile back. It may have been my first guess even... they could give it to Juan for his match against us. Meanwhile Sydney can have Shiftry or Mega Mightyena if Mightyena gets one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was wondering there is a Pokemon that can evolve into an Angel-like Pokemon but sadly I don't know any Pokemon with such Potential
    Anyway ,
    Anyone expecting Mega Deoxys ?

Years
    Mega Deoxys could work. They could have it keep it's megas too. Like Mega Defense Forme, Mega Attack forme, Mega Normal forme, and Mega Speed forme. I think if they gave it one it'll regain it's spot as the Pokémon with the highest speed and Attack again (if one counts abilities I don't think it is anyone).

Years
    Giving all of Deoxys' forms would be too much. If they give one to any of them, it'd be regular Deoxys, as compensation for the advantages the other forms have on it. Right now, I could see them releasing Megas for Camerupt, Sharpedo, and possibly one more Hoenn legendary, but that's it. I honestly hope they don't create more than that for ORAS.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am almost 100% positive we will get Mega Raichu this game.

If we were, what would you want it look like and the typing? As for me, I would love to see Electric/Fighting. Raichu getting warpaint over its electric pouches, ears getting longer and tail getting slightly shorter, but look more like a spear. Maybe add something to its hands or have it with its fists balled up or something.

Anyways, this are some other pokemon I would like to see get Megas in these games.

Raichu
    Latios and Latias being confirmed
    1 more Sceptile
    2 Rayquaza Primals or something.
    Camerupt
    Sharpedo
    Milotic
    Metagross
    Slamence
    Flygon
    I wouldn't mind a few more non-Hoenn pokemon to get, but I don't know which. Flygon is the main one I want though, make it Dragon/Bug. Flygon is my favorite dragon in the pokemon world, would love to see flygon get some love. Not to mention Flygon was a main character in the Jirachi movie.

Last edited:

Years
    Giving all of Deoxys' forms would be too much. If they give one to any of them, it'd be regular Deoxys, as compensation for the advantages the other forms have on it. Right now, I could see them releasing Megas for Camerupt, Sharpedo, and possibly one more Hoenn legendary, but that's it. I honestly hope they don't create more than that for ORAS.

I meant that they should create only one (like one Mega stone), but allow it to keep it's ability to change formes. So it'll keep it's unique attribute of changing with every set of stats. However I'll be happy even if it were Normal Deoxys.

Another legend? Well (not counting Rayquaza which will likely get Primal Reversion) there's only Deoxys itself, and Jiranchi. Since Diancie is getting one Jiranchi could get one in order for the cute mons to not be left behind by Diancie which will be the strongest of them all if it's left as the only one with access to a Mega. I'll like to see the non-Hoenn native Mew get one too. They could bring back it's event from Emerald too.

Years
    Raichu
    Latios and Latias being confirmed
    1 more Sceptile
    2 Rayquaza Primals or something.
    Camerupt
    Sharpedo
    Milotic
    Metagross
    Slamence
    Flygon

That list seems a bit excessive. It's resonable that there were a lot of Mega evolutions introduced in X and Y. It's the focal point of the plot, and one of the driving new features of the Kalos region. Obviously, it would make sense to exploit that to the maximum capacity. However, ORAS isn't nearly as connected to Mega evolution. I feel like the remakes will have a similar focal point, but on Primal Reversion instead.

Years
    I'm not so sure that Mega Evolution will play as small a role anymore. After all Steven is researching it. Primal Reversion will likely come up later in the plot but it'll likely be more unique than Mega Evolution.

I hope that we get Hoenn Megas of Pokémon that while in the Hoenn dex originate from Gen's I and II. Like Mega Raichu, Mega Machamp, Mega Wobuffet, Mega Golem, Mega Corsola, Mega Kingdra. Not necessary all of them, but some of those listed would be nice.

Now back to Pokémon introduced in Gen III. How about Mega Crawdaunt?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I'm really interested in Mega Sableye. Not just because of the ruby shield, but also because it can take advantage of the opponent's weak points. I think it'll be a good counterpart for Mega Mawile.

Mega Sceptile looks really cool, and I'm glad that it got the Grass/Dragon typing. However, I was hoping Game Freak would make it more physical, by giving it Tough Claws or something. But on the other hand, Lightningrod makes it good in Inverted battles, by nullifying its x4 Electric weakness. Besides, Game Freak could make it a mixed sweeper, like Mega Garchomp.

Mega Swampert looks like an interesting choice for OU, with its strength and bulk, and with Swift Swim taking care of its Speed issues. Hopefully, the weather nerf will save it from being banished to Ubers.

When did Grass and Dragon types even turned weak against Electric?

Last edited:

Years
    0_o Rei is right, Grass/Dragon has no 4x electric weakness. Quite the opposite it has a resistance that allows it to take only 1/4 damage from electric moves.

Lightning rod tends to be on most Pokémon that either resist or don't take damage from electric moves due to their typing. Honestly I think the only one who benefits from it the most is Seaking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back