• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Exaggerated as in terms: Will every Pokemon without an evolution and low stats (which means is basically not doing too well in battle) now receive a Mega-Evolution instead of a possible normal evolution - like they did several times before (Murkrow for example)? It just feels wrong. Buffing weak Pokemon is fine but they shouldn't forget that there's still the default evolution from which many Pokemon would benefit even more.

It has been stated by people affiliated with Pokemon that there's a possiblity that all Pokemon will eventually get a Mega evolution. I, for one, detest the idea and hope it's an internet rumor, or something that they won't go through with. Would ruin the whole concept of Mega evolution, and the series itself.

Also I DO think certain Mega-Evolutions were unneccessary, making an already powerful Pokemon-Family slightly overpowered. I wish they'd just use the ME more "carefully" and not just throw them around like that.

That said, I still think Mega Evolution is great, I just think it's in danger of getting too much.

I fully agree with you. Mega Garchomp is one of the main ones I found unnecessary, but it being such a widely popular Pokemon, it made sense for Game Freak to grant it one in order to raise publicity and excitement for X and Y and the feature of Mega evolution. They have the ability to either bring life to underrated Pokemon, or abuse it and give Mega forms to too many Pokemon.

Years
  • So me thinking it learned Flash Cannon was right...should've trusted my memory more...
    Well in that case there's not much more steel moves that could benefit it, unless they introduce even more new moves.

They could make it more Physical. Some Megas have already had these switches (e.g., Lucario & Mewtwo have a higher base Sp. Atk. while Mega Lucario & Mega Mewtwo X have a higher base Atk.). They could also make its base Atk. and Sp. Atk. stats equal much like they did with Mega Charizard X, so it could function as a Physical, Special, or Mixed attacker.

re: Certain Megas being unnecessary, I agree. I wasn't fond of the fact that Tyranitar and Garchomp, both pseudo-legends, receiving Mega Evos., even if their base Speed stats were lowered in the process. I know I'm speculating about Mega Hydreigon now, but if those two hadn't received one, then I'd probably feel different about it.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Guess maybe GF is trying to appeal to the casual demograohic. Since mega evos are "eye candy" and "awesome" to people who doesn't take Pokémon too seriously, I guess its in GF's mindset to give megas, rather than regular evos. Its stupid, but its probably a buisness decision to appeal to a wider audience. And they kinda threw Super Training, swarms, and Pokémon Amie, in my opinion, make it up to competitve players, by making training "easier" while allowing the more casual players to step in. Who knows?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There were some competitive players who were angry about how Super Training made EV training easy, and "available" to everyone. Honestly it's very silly...

Even if they made Mega Hydreigon a mix fighter or even a Physical fighter there aren't many good physical steel moves either if it were to be Steel/Dragon, or even Dark moves if it's to keep Dark/Dragon.

I'll like to see a Mega Hypno post game.

Years
  • Certainly, there may not be as many good Physical Steel moves (heck, there aren't really that many Steel moves, period), but there still are a few good ones: Meteor Mash (which has a very limited distribution), Iron Head, Gyro Ball (only good if the Pokemon's really slow), and Bullet Punch. Hydreigon does get Headbutt/Head Smash/Zen Headbutt, so Iron Head for it would definitely be a possibility; Bullet Punch I can't see as much since its hands are heads, but you never know. If it can at least get Iron Head it'd be good enough to run Physical/Special/Mixed sets since it gets a fair number of powerful/useful Physical moves. (Head Smash, Aqua Tail, Superpower, U-turn, all three elemental fangs, EQ, Rock Slide, Stone Miss, Acrobatics, Outrage, and Crunch.)

re: Mega Hypno, that would be interesting, though it might end up being extremely creepy, ahaha...

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I would say I don't think any out of region Megas would be introduced, but then Mega Diancie happened.

mega Jynx anyone?

Years
  • Mega Jynx was licensed, iirc, so it's possible it will happen. (If it does happen, that increases the chance of Megas Plusle and Minun becoming a thing. Still can't really see Mega forms for them, though @_@)

DJTiki

Years
  • Mega Jynx was licensed, iirc, so it's possible it will happen. (If that's the case, that increases the chance of Megas Plusle and Minun becoming a thing. Dunno if I can see them happening, though @_@)

Mega Jinx was just licensed O.O? Holy crap. Mega Plusle and Minun, imo, would work like the Latias/Latios mega evolutions.

DJTiki

Years
  • Mono Rock as I doubt it'll go from Rock/Ground to plain Steel. It can have Skill Link too...

Maybe Mega Minun and Plusle will be purple like Mega Lati@s.

Yeah I was joking :3 I doubt itll become steel. Maybe Steel/Ground. Does it have anything outside of Rock Blast, that can benefit from Skill Link?

Mega Minun and Plusle can be green(since Yellow and Blue makes Green :p)

Years
  • Yeah I was joking :3 I doubt itll become steel. Maybe Steel/Ground. Does it have anything outside of Rock Blast, that can benefit from Skill Link?

Mega Minun and Plusle can be green(since Yellow and Blue makes Green :p)

Maybe...but they're Blue and red so purple would make sense. Or maybe one will be Yellow and the other Green to reference RGBY.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could see it like this Plusle/Minun evolution in this fakemon pic:

Spoiler:

Also I wonder when Seaqueen or Queendra will be a thing.

Years
  • I could see it like this Plusle/Minun evolution in this fakemon pic:

Spoiler:

Also I wonder when Seaqueen or Queendra will be a thing.

I don't imagine it turning into a Kangaroo during Mega Evolution, but who knows, it'll be a surprise.

Ps: Women used the title King too such as Cleopatra (well their equivalent to the word King), and even Queen Elizabeth I (during her rule) referred to herself as King, arguing that the title was unisex and had to do with 'masculinity' rather than actually being male. So no need to make Queendra, Queenbro, or SeaQueen.

Years
  • Mega Jinx was just licensed O.O? Holy crap. Mega Plusle and Minun, imo, would work like the Latias/Latios mega evolutions.

She's referring to this! It is worth pointing out that Swampert, Sableye, and Diancie aren't on that list. Makes me question the legitimacy. I wouldn't be using Jynx, but on the other hand it would be really cool to see Plusle and Minun get Mega evolutions, although I can't say I'm too fond of that fanart, there. d: In fact, I'm not sure what I'd want them to look like. They should definitely benefit from the stat boost and possible ability/type change. Electric/Fairy, maybe?

Years
  • She's referring to this! It is worth pointing out that Swampert, Sableye, and Diancie aren't on that list. Makes me question the legitimacy. I wouldn't be using Jynx, but on the other hand it would be really cool to see Plusle and Minun get Mega evolutions, although I can't say I'm too fond of that fanart, there. d: In fact, I'm not sure what I'd want them to look like. They should definitely benefit from the stat boost and possible ability/type change. Electric/Fairy, maybe?
    I'm all for them turning into Electric/Fairy. Maybe they can be based on the moon rabbit since they are rabbits...

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    Years
  • Although I would like to see popular (and rather powerful) Pokemon like Metagross, Skarmory, Milotic, Flygon, Salamence, and a few others I can't think of at the moment get their own Megas, I would also like to see somewhat weaker Pokemon get them too, just so it will level the playing field. One example of a Pokemon I wanna see get a Mega Evolution would be Raticate. Rattata and Raticate have always been somewhat of a nuisance, but to give Raticate a Mega would be awesome, especially if they made it bigger and more menacing and maybe even changed it's type. It knows a lot of Dark-type moves, so having its Mega be a Dark-type would make sense to me (I would say Normal and Dark, but the 4x weakness to Fighting-types would be a bummer if that were the case). Just a little food for thought :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back