• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I did some calcs, and I think it's safe to assume Mega Metagross has base 150 attack. Even with tough claws, it still doesn't hit to hard, I'm pretty sure a Life orb Metagross would hit harder.
    So, I'm not sure if Mega Metagross will make it out of UU. Tho it would hit alot of OU pokemon hard and the speed increase will be nice so who knows

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Too all those who say that the number of Mega Evolutions should be limited - why? To preserve the rarity? I think more Megas would be pretty cool, especially if they don't give them all to the popular Pokemon, as it'll help a lot of underused Pokemon become more useful.

That's right. Besides eventually they'll lose their rarity anyways, just look at legendary Pokémon as a title, there's a lot already. Those who want Megas to stay rare will eventually need to call for no more Megas...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Yep, it has eight limbs. I think by now you should have checked it out but I will leave a picture depicting them anyway.

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

You can see that it has 4 smaller limbs on it's back.

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Here you can notice up to seven you can see it's noticably bigger frontal limbs and can see up to three of it's posterior limbs which are notably smaller.

Can Mega Metagross combine its frontal Limbs to create a ''Giant Drill'' ???
    It would be even cooler if its Posterior Limbs work as a Thrust that accelerate its speed like a Rocket .
    Steven : My Mega Metagross's Drill is A Drill that will pierce though the Heaven !!!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Too all those who say that the number of Mega Evolutions should be limited - why? To preserve the rarity? I think more Megas would be pretty cool, especially if they don't give them all to the popular Pokemon, as it'll help a lot of underused Pokemon become more useful.
    I'd rather that they keep the number of megas limited. I understand that people want some lesser known and used Pokemon to become useful, but there's other ways to do that besides Mega Evolution, such as giving it a good ability or move. For example, nobody used Scizor until DPPt gifted it with a single move: Bullet Punch. Now Scizor is considered one of the top Pokemon.

Besides, why make the original Pokemon if they're just going to give it a mega anyway? What's the point in the base Pokemon then?

Can Mega Metagross combine its frontal Limbs to create a ''Giant Drill'' ???
    It would be even cooler if its Posterior Limbs work as a Thrust that accelerate its speed like a Rocket .
    Steven : My Mega Metagross's Drill is A Drill that will pierce though the Heaven !!!
    n_n
    If they were gonna do that, they should've given it Drill Run and a new ability:
    Spiral Power: turns Drill Run into Giga Drill Break
    Or something like that.

Years
  • Adding too many Megas would be counter-intuitive in my opinion. They're supposed to be rare, special creatures who are immensely powerful, difficult to obtain, and basically the core of trainers teams. Having too many of them would totally alter this though, and I don't think that's what Game Freak wants for the feature.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    n_n
    If they were gonna do that, they should've given it Drill Run and a new ability:
    Or something like that.

Why Ability has anything to do learning to do sudden Attack .
    Plus , You do know Mega Sceptile learn a new move where it fire portion of its tail like a Missile.
    I wonder if Mega Pokemon has their own signature move that appear middle of you attack screen at ORAS.
    And Mega Metagross signature Mega move turn out to be a Drill attack .
    Off course , it can turn into a Drill to perform Gyro Ball Or Rapid Spin .

What Mega Pokemon do you guys want?

Mega Greninja & Mega Infernape.

Years
  • Adding too many Megas would be counter-intuitive in my opinion. They're supposed to be rare, special creatures who are immensely powerful, difficult to obtain, and basically the core of trainers teams. Having too many of them would totally alter this though, and I don't think that's what Game Freak wants for the feature.

Cough Legendaries cough... As I said before legendaries were supposed to be like that, and look at where we are now...

Years
  • Well, if the secrets behind Mega Evolution get solved, it's possible they won't be as rare anymore XD Also, look at shinies--they used to be rare, but with the numerous chances of finding them in XY (plus the increase in shiny encounter rate), they aren't as rare as they used to be. However, even though they're not as rare, plenty of people still consider them special, so I feel that'd be the same case with Megas. I doubt every fully evolved Pokemon's gonna receive one, too.

Years
  • Cough Legendaries cough... As I said before legendaries were supposed to be like that, and look at where we are now...

Legendaries are still extremely powerful, rare Pokemon that are coveted by all Trainers, and often considered jewels in their inventory of captured creatures. They haven't overdone it with them at all, and they should actually try to mold Mega evolution's progression to how legendary Pokemon have been growing over the years.

Years
  • Well, if the secrets behind Mega Evolution get solved, it's possible they won't be as rare anymore XD Also, look at shinies--they used to be rare, but with the numerous chances of finding them in XY (plus the increase in shiny encounter rate), they aren't as rare as they used to be. However, even though they're not as rare, plenty of people still consider them special, so I feel that'd be the same case with Megas. I doubt every fully evolved Pokemon's gonna receive one, too.

Like wise legendaries are also still considered special. Heck one can trade a shiny for a non-shiny legend most of the time.
    I think that it'll get close to every fully evolved Pokemon at one point, but considering the number of fully evolved Pokemon we currently have (or may not if Gen VII give some of those we consider fully evolved evolutions) it'll be awhile...

Legendaries are still extremely powerful, rare Pokemon that are coveted by all Trainers, and often considered jewels in their inventory of captured creatures. They haven't overdone it with them at all, and they should actually try to mold Mega evolution's progression to how legendary Pokemon have been growing over the years.

In the eyes of many they have. We had 5 in Generation I, six in generation II, 10 in generation III, a whooping 13-14, Gen V another 13, Gen VI finally toned it down to six. Actually if the growth of Megas were to be proportional to legendaries it'll mean twice as many Megas as we'll get in this generation being made for generation IX 0_o...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd rather that they keep the number of megas limited. I understand that people want some lesser known and used Pokemon to become useful, but there's other ways to do that besides Mega Evolution, such as giving it a good ability or move. For example, nobody used Scizor until DPPt gifted it with a single move: Bullet Punch. Now Scizor is considered one of the top Pokemon.

Besides, why make the original Pokemon if they're just going to give it a mega anyway? What's the point in the base Pokemon then?

n_n
    If they were gonna do that, they should've given it Dr
    ill Run and a new ability:
    Or something like that.

Well, asking what the point in the base Pokemon can be answered. They can still hold items.

For example, Mega Garchomp isn't considered that good, However, Regular Garchomp is considered better because it can hold a Choice scarf, LO, Choice Band, Leftovers. With LO and Choice band, I'm pretty sure it outdamages Mega Garchomp. The other items should be fairly obvious as to what they do

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    What I don't get how Mega Diancle has a reduced Defense & Special Defense star .
    I mean , its a Pokemon cover with Diamond.
    It can create Diamond.
    Diamond is a hardest object on earth.
    Therefore its Base Defense & Special Defense should be over 200.

Years
  • I think Mega Mantine would be great, especially because it isn't exactly the strongest Pokemon. Kind of like the case of Mawile before X and Y - potential was there, but not enough to make it a viable team option. However, Mantine realistically doesn't have a great shot at getting a Mega, at least in ORAS.

Years
  • I think Mega Mantine would be great, especially because it isn't exactly the strongest Pokemon. Kind of like the case of Mawile before X and Y - potential was there, but not enough to make it a viable team option. However, Mantine realistically doesn't have a great shot at getting a Mega, at least in ORAS.

Is it because it isn't in the Hoenn dex? (at least the RSE one).
    Well if it doesn't get one for ORAS hopefully it'll get one for 'Z' or a normal evolution next generation...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back