• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • How so? Boomburst is a move which is clearly depicted as an excessively loud noise that is able to shake the ground underneath the user and cause damage to all that hear it. Hyper voice is just a loud, echoing call. Pigeons are not exactly famous for their thunderingly loud shouts.

He could flap his wings to create a windy shock wave, which is what I think Swellow does.

Hyper Voice makes less sense because Pidgeot, as a pigeon, can't even sing, let alone shout.

But, like I said, Pokémon get weird moves all the time. You surely don't expect to reasonably explain why Persian for example gets Thunderbolt... And he has that since 1st gen.

Examples of Pokémon who got strange moves because of their new Megas include Blastoise, who can do Dark Pulse only because it benefits his ability, and Heracross, who never could shoot seeds (he feeds on honey) yet got Bullet Seed because he now has Skill Link. Boomburst wouldn't benefit Pidgeot's ability, since it has 100% accuracy, but his stats. Unless GF expects us to be locked into Uproar, which would suck big time.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • There are pokemon that get odd moves, but almost never ones as exclusive as boomburst. Pidgeot getting boomburst is like chandelure getting lava plume, despite it being almost only received by volcanic pokemon, or like dedenne getting fusion bolt despite it being meant only for pokemon related to fusion.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • There are pokemon that get odd moves, but almost never ones as exclusive as boomburst. Pidgeot getting boomburst is like chandelure getting lava plume, despite it being almost only received by volcanic pokemon, or like dedenne getting fusion bolt despite it being meant only for pokemon related to fusion.

Fusion Bolt is a signature move. It's much different case.

Flareon gets Lava Plume, and Flareon isn't a volcanic Pokémon, last I remember...

Flygon is getting Boomburst in ORAS, so they're definitely looking into improving availability of certain moves. Flygon does learn other sound moves, but so does Pidgeot.

I really think GF wants us to use Uproar on Pidgeot, which would be sad because it locks you into a 90 BP move for three turns, and a Normal-type move which can be blocked by Ghost-types, which was why Thrash didn't become popular even after the power boost to 120 BP (same as Outrage).

And, let's face it, Pidgeot wouldn't become out of balance with Boomburst. You sound like those people who said Flareon was too small for Flare Blitz... And Flareon eventually got it.

EDIT: To illustrate how bad Uproar is, note how Outrage is listed much less in Pokémon analysis after the Fairy-type was created. If your opponent has the tools, they'll get a free switch and destroy you. And Uproar is much weaker. It does have the benefit of going through Substitutes, but that's situational. Uproar is viable in-game, but definitely not competitively.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • They could shrink it's attack stat to 100 or 90 even and add that plus the normal 100 boost to it's defenses and speed.
    That's not a bad idea, actually. If there's one thing hariyama needs buffed, its his defenses. It'd also be great if he got mach punch to make up for his low speed, unless it gets a big boost as well.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • And that's all folks!
    http://corocoro.tv/corosp/index.html

Scrolls down and you'll see Mega Rayquaza and one of the Mega Lati's. It says a poster with all 48 Mega Evolutions will be given away at the end of the month.

That pretty much means that there are no more Megas. They wouldn't state the number of Megas on the poster if there were anymore hidden.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Well, already prepared for no more hidden megas in game (especially when I see Aarune with a flygon holding a normal gem - I still don't get the logic behind it).

Pretty happy with the selections. Some fan favorites didn't get mega evolutions, but the list is decent enough. Can't wait to use mega altaria in the game... Hopefully its mega stone can be found before endgame.

Years
  • Well, already prepared for no more hidden megas in game (especially when I see Aarune with a flygon holding a normal gem - I still don't get the logic behind it).

Pretty happy with the selections. Some fan favorites didn't get mega evolutions, but the list is decent enough. Can't wait to use mega altaria in the game... Hopefully its mega stone can be found before endgame.

I was expecting all the Megas that were revealed so far were going to be the only new Megas to be introduced. Kinda sad Audino ended up as the only 5th Gen Mega but I hope said generation can get some new ones in 7th Gen. Mega Flygon hopes got crushed, because as I know it'll always be in the shadow of the other Hoenn Dragon-types.

Now to think which Megas could have stones obtainable before the postgame, I really hope I can get a Gardevoirite during the main story this time around since I want to rival his Mega Gallade.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Not sure why people say Flygon is "overshadowed" by Garchomp. Flygon is comfortably UU, that's not bad at all. And Garchomp is much more powerful anyway.

Besides, Flygon got a few new moves in ORAS, so it's not like they forgot about him.

Years
  • Not sure why people say Flygon is "overshadowed" by Garchomp. Flygon is comfortably UU, that's not bad at all. And Garchomp is much more powerful anyway.

Besides, Flygon got a few new moves in ORAS, so it's not like they forgot about him.

Flygon gets underrated due to mediocre stats and not getting any ways to boost those stats other than Hone Claws (which boosts Attack and accuracy) means it has limited options for competitive potential.

Getting some new moves is okay but not considered enough.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Flygon gets underrated due to mediocre stats and not getting any ways to boost those stats other than Hone Claws (which boosts Attack and accuracy) means it has limited options for competitive potential.

Getting some new moves is okay but not considered enough.

Yeah maybe the problem is that the new moves don't help him much. Boomburst and Bug Buzz are powerful but run off his lower attacking stat.

Those Pokémon with Levitate need a viable solution to work as Mega Evolutions. Levitate is a reasonable boost when you're weak to Ground, but in Flygon's case, it would be pretty boring if he kept Levitate, as Mega Flygon would them be just a strong Flygon and not an alternate strategy. But Flygon flies, and there's no reason for him not to fly if Mega Evolved, so if he doesn't have Levitate, he'd need his type changed to Flying.

Another thing they could do is keep Levitate but change his type from Ground to Bug while boosting his Sp.Atk., considering he has a good Special movepool. However, Levitate in this case would not be a good asset because Bug resists Ground.

Years
  • Quote from Gamefaqs.

So it doesn't mean there's no more Megas cause

<cite>karubinko posted...</cite>

Smash brothers posters included only the announced characters, the ones found in game were held a secret until release. This could be very well plausible for ORAS.</quote>

Years
  • Quote from Gamefaqs.

Smash brothers posters included only the announced characters, the ones found in game were held a secret until release. This could be very well plausible for ORAS.</quote>

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Quote from Gamefaqs.

That's true, they might be saving a nice number of them. At least three more Megas to round the number of Megas to 50.

@ Hikamaru Why wait for Gen VII for more Megas of Gen V mons? Chances are this generation still has at least one more game to go.

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • Hmmmm.... I am sure that a lot of us are just sitting around waiting to see if a new Corocoro is leaked, hoping that a few new megas are released or there is some type of hint to some more megas. I see a lot of people praying for flygon.... and I myself am holding out big time for mega Shiftry. Going further though if there are not any more megas and we know them now, would you be unhappy? I am really excited for Beedrill and the rest are interesting for the most part.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think Megas are done for now, at least until the game is released. I don't know why this Corocoro would have any new information, considering it's the December issue + the game is released in just over a week.

If anything, I suppose there is a possibility of hidden Megas to be discovered in the game.

Years
  • Maybe the games will at least have Megas in the coding XY had the Mega Latis, that'll give us a hint to what to expect with Pokémon Z or whatever they plan to do next. We do have that Hoopa forme but it may be released in ORAS like how Deoxys was had an event for FRLG in addition to Emerald, and how Arceus had an event for Platinum (not sure if it was for DP too) which unlocked something in the HGSS.

Well almost 9 days until the games come out and we can find out for sure.

Years
  • Maybe the games will at least have Megas in the coding XY had the Mega Latis, that'll give us a hint to what to expect with Pokémon Z or whatever they plan to do next. We do have that Hoopa forme but it may be released in ORAS like how Deoxys was had an event for FRLG in addition to Emerald, and how Arceus had an event for Platinum (not sure if it was for DP too) which unlocked something in the HGSS.

Well almost 9 days until the games come out and we can find out for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back