• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Mega Evolutions!

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
  • Hello everybody! I already have a shop around here, but recently I had the idea of making up my own Mega Evolutions for Pokémon that don't have them (yet). Doubtless somebody's already started doing something like this, but I think given enough time I'd like to get around to all of the fully evolved Pokémon in the Pokédex that do not have a Mega Evolution. So far, I am just drawing some of my favourites. I'm not too happy with these first four, but I hope you guys can give me some feedback on them :D

I am concentrating on my shop, this is just a background sort of thing.

Mega Beedrill
    Spoiler:

Mega Crobat
    Spoiler:

Mega Crobat V2
    Spoiler:

Mega Escavalier
    Spoiler:

Mega Breloom
    Spoiler:

Mega Sceptile
    Spoiler:

Mega Delibird
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • These are actually pretty cool! :D

i think my least favorite, however, is Beedrill. It's still really cool, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not getting the one giant drill sticking out of its abdomen.

On the other hand, Escavalier looks so cool! Gamefreak needs to make that one happen. Seriously, I love what you did with the design. Escavalier is basically a slow moving tank, and you definitely kept that essence with its mega-evolution.

The other two are good, but I'm just not seeing a huge difference between their regular forms and mega forms. I know they're not supposed to look completely different, all Mega-Khangaskhan's evolution is its baby gets to fight, but Crobat's especially doesn't really stand out. I love all grass types, so you automatically won me over with Breloom, but I would like to see something that makes Crobat look faster and meaner, since that's its niche.

As far as the drawings themselves go, they're really good. They're polished with no mistakes that I can see. Although, I'm probably not the best giver of critiques, since I'm new to this whole drawing thing, but I hope my feedback helped a little bit. Nice job, these are great! :D

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • I'd love to see more of these :D Escavalier is amazing, the rest are great but Crobat is unimpressive, it seems more like a Crobat/Swoobat splice :c

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • These are actually pretty cool! :D

i think my least favorite, however, is Beedrill. It's still really cool, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not getting the one giant drill sticking out of its abdomen.

On the other hand, Escavalier looks so cool! Gamefreak needs to make that one happen. Seriously, I love what you did with the design. Escavalier is basically a slow moving tank, and you definitely kept that essence with its mega-evolution.

The other two are good, but I'm just not seeing a huge difference between their regular forms and mega forms. I know they're not supposed to look completely different, all Mega-Khangaskhan's evolution is its baby gets to fight, but Crobat's especially doesn't really stand out. I love all grass types, so you automatically won me over with Breloom, but I would like to see something that makes Crobat look faster and meaner, since that's its niche.

As far as the drawings themselves go, they're really good. They're polished with no mistakes that I can see. Although, I'm probably not the best giver of critiques, since I'm new to this whole drawing thing, but I hope my feedback helped a little bit. Nice job, these are great! :D

Thanks for the feeback :D and I'm glad you like my drawings :D I really wasn't sure what to go for with Crobat, he was sort of difficult XD I might give him another go, try to get something more out of him.

I'd love to see more of these :D Escavalier is amazing, the rest are great but Crobat is unimpressive, it seems more like a Crobat/Swoobat splice :c

XD Seems nobody likes my Crobat, I wasn't even thinking of Swoobat to be honest but I see what you mean. I think I'm gonna have to give him another whirl. Thanks for your feedback :D

Edit: I've whipped up an alternate design for Mega Crobat, he looks a bit off to me, but it's a bit more suitable than the original I designed. I'm working on a Mega Sceptile after I've completed a couple of the Pet shop requests.

Spoiler:

Edit 2: I've finished Mega Sceptile... I don't really like it, I don't think he looks different enough :\ but what does everybody else think?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I still think Crobat doesn't look all that much different. I was thinking about how I might draw a Mega-Crobat and I just couldn't think of a good design that would work. So, uhh... good luck with that! :D

Mega-Sceptile looks like it can do one heck of a hair flip. The design is a little weird to me, but I can see it work. The tail looks pretty cool, but I think it's the long, flowing hair that I can't quite seem to like. Overall a neat design, but the hair... XD

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • I still think Crobat doesn't look all that much different. I was thinking about how I might draw a Mega-Crobat and I just couldn't think of a good design that would work. So, uhh... good luck with that! :D

Mega-Sceptile looks like it can do one heck of a hair flip. The design is a little weird to me, but I can see it work. The tail looks pretty cool, but I think it's the long, flowing hair that I can't quite seem to like. Overall a neat design, but the hair... XD

Crobat is tough D: XD

I get what you're saying about Sceptile, I was sort of wanting to reference Grovyle's head leaf thing and I went a bit crazy XD

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Stopped by when I saw the Mega Evolutions in the title, figured I'd like to see what you could cook up. I'm really enjoying a lot of the creative designs here, and I'd have to say my favorite would easily be Mega Escavalier.

I see that you are having some trouble deciding on a design for a Mega Crobat, however :/ . Personally, I think they are good, but, if I may, I think I could suggest something to help you out.

I like the second design's wings, those ones kind of fit the bill for it being sleek and quick in the air. What I would recommend would be to make the joints a little more prominent, where the fold of the wing crooks connects the wing to it's body *it'd be better if I could actually describe things better :P *. Perhaps to make it more daring, making it pointy, like a spike or something, or as if the bone came out.

Image example:
    demon_wings__5__by_wolverine041269-d5txc3i.png

*this is not my image, credit to the actual artist*

With the same idea of what you shown with V2, perhaps making the wings appear more like the above, to give it a bit more... creepy factor to it. Also, perhaps have it's 'ears' be a bit more pointy and upwards, kind of like batman from the animated cartoon, and maybe a bit more darker purple of a coloration, to show a bit more change to the Pokemon.

These are merely just suggestions though, great work though, and I'm excited to see more!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yes! Mega Evolutions! Somehow I managed to totally bypass this gallery while I was posting before, and I can't understand why because mega evolutions are the best!

Since this has been a topic of debate here, I'd like to go ahead and say that I actually rather like your Crobat design. I see it being very close to the original, as most people do, but you've got the framework for an awesome evolution down really well. The thing is, it seems like you're only adding bells and whistles. I think you should keep going as is with Mega Crobat, and instead of making it a purple flying demon, take some inspiration from Mega Kangaskhan. It's pretty much exactly the same as a normal Kangaskhan, just with a little extra feature. Maybe make it so your Mega Crobat can shoot Zubat out of its mouth or something! Okay.. so maybe not that, but you know what I'm trying to say. Don't think that you need to stick with the mold!

Now, I love, love, love, love your Mega Escavalier. Now that is one hell of a Mega Evolution. To me, this Escavalier tells a story. Like, I can imagine it with Aegislash's ability Stand Change, where it can alternate its offensive stats for its defensive. And I think you captured on one of Escavalier's best design aspects, in the fact that it's typing, colors, and "feel" are very reminiscent of medieval jousting. I just, I love what you allow my imagination to come up with through that Pokemon. That, to me, is so cool. I think you've given your drawing some real depth, and I appreciate that so much.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. As for a critique? Some of your lines don't match up. So just try to be a little more careful when you're going in and doing those heavy black outlines. Maybe, instead of having a blunt end, try to trail things off into a point.

That's all I got. Awesome, awesome work. Please keep it up! :D

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • Stopped by when I saw the Mega Evolutions in the title, figured I'd like to see what you could cook up. I'm really enjoying a lot of the creative designs here, and I'd have to say my favorite would easily be Mega Escavalier.

I see that you are having some trouble deciding on a design for a Mega Crobat, however :/ . Personally, I think they are good, but, if I may, I think I could suggest something to help you out.

I like the second design's wings, those ones kind of fit the bill for it being sleek and quick in the air. What I would recommend would be to make the joints a little more prominent, where the fold of the wing crooks connects the wing to it's body *it'd be better if I could actually describe things better :P *. Perhaps to make it more daring, making it pointy, like a spike or something, or as if the bone came out.

Image example:
    *this is not my image, credit to the actual artist*

With the same idea of what you shown with V2, perhaps making the wings appear more like the above, to give it a bit more... creepy factor to it. Also, perhaps have it's 'ears' be a bit more pointy and upwards, kind of like batman from the animated cartoon, and maybe a bit more darker purple of a coloration, to show a bit more change to the Pokemon.

These are merely just suggestions though, great work though, and I'm excited to see more!

Thanks for stopping by :D I'm glad you like my drawings :P I think I'm gonna give up on Crobat for a while, might come back to him later, but thanks for your suggestions! I think it's a good idea to go with a sort of darker style. I'm gonna do Delibird next for Christmas and then Swampert :D

Yes! Mega Evolutions! Somehow I managed to totally bypass this gallery while I was posting before, and I can't understand why because mega evolutions are the best!

Since this has been a topic of debate here, I'd like to go ahead and say that I actually rather like your Crobat design. I see it being very close to the original, as most people do, but you've got the framework for an awesome evolution down really well. The thing is, it seems like you're only adding bells and whistles. I think you should keep going as is with Mega Crobat, and instead of making it a purple flying demon, take some inspiration from Mega Kangaskhan. It's pretty much exactly the same as a normal Kangaskhan, just with a little extra feature. Maybe make it so your Mega Crobat can shoot Zubat out of its mouth or something! Okay.. so maybe not that, but you know what I'm trying to say. Don't think that you need to stick with the mold!

Now, I love, love, love, love your Mega Escavalier. Now that is one hell of a Mega Evolution. To me, this Escavalier tells a story. Like, I can imagine it with Aegislash's ability Stand Change, where it can alternate its offensive stats for its defensive. And I think you captured on one of Escavalier's best design aspects, in the fact that it's typing, colors, and "feel" are very reminiscent of medieval jousting. I just, I love what you allow my imagination to come up with through that Pokemon. That, to me, is so cool. I think you've given your drawing some real depth, and I appreciate that so much.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. As for a critique? Some of your lines don't match up. So just try to be a little more careful when you're going in and doing those heavy black outlines. Maybe, instead of having a blunt end, try to trail things off into a point.

That's all I got. Awesome, awesome work. Please keep it up! :D

Mega Escavalier was actually the first one I made XD that's what sort of started this whole thing, I'm glad people like him :D it's a great compliment from you that it gets your imagination going, I kinda hope I can make more like that XD I was sort of hoping nobody would notice the lines, but you caught me! I'll try to make more of an effort to polish them from now on :D

I think I'll sort of pile up everybodys ideas about Crobat and try to make another one some time, for now I'm gonna leave him alone XD

Thanks for the advice and everything guys :D I'll keep updating this gallery every few days :D

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Wow! This are cool! =D
    Loving that escavalier. ^^ That crobat really dont make any sense, :( but hes also cool though. Err.. What happened to sceptile? Whats with the leaves above his head?
    Nah! Just kidding {XD}

BTW, keep it up! Love to see more this ^^

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • Wow! This are cool! =D
    Loving that escavalier. ^^ That crobat really dont make any sense, :( but hes also cool though. Err.. What happened to sceptile? Whats with the leaves above his head?
    Nah! Just kidding {XD}

BTW, keep it up! Love to see more this ^^

That mega escavlier, is.... AMAZING <3!!

I love that Breloom mega! It's one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon too.

Thanks guys! I've finished another Mega Evolution, this one is a bit lame but I wanted to give it a go just for Christmas. It's Mega Delibird!
    Spoiler:

Back