• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megamaaaaan Topic!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Megamaaaaan Topic!

Has anyone played a game from the Megaman franchise? That includes the games from the origional Megaman series, the Megaman Battle Network series, Megaman Zero, etc, etc. What do you think of the series in general, and which games are your favourite? Feel free to discuss here. :3

-MG

In-training Alchemist
    Years
    Yeah! I love this game!
    Personally it's one my favorite games (Besides RPG games)

I really enjoy the main series, because it has some elements from the sci-fi genre that makes it feel somewhat real... Like the robot engeneering and the famous robotic laws from Asimov.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yeah,played everyone one of them. Megaman is one of the greatest series of games definitely up there with the other great platformers like sonic and Mario.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Megaman 2 is one of the games I played the most on the NES. Even though other Megaman games are probably better, that's the one I claim as my favorite because it's really the only one that I've played. Though I have tried out Megaman X for the SNES. That's a game I've heard praised highly by quite a few people, and I want to see just what makes it so good.

I haven't even touched any of the other series. Maybe I'll check them out when I'm through with my current list of games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a big fan of the Battle Network series, and have played all its games. My favorite would have to be Battle Network 5, as I really liked the concept of liberating areas, controlling other net-navis, use of dark chips, chaos unisons, and so on. Battle Network 6 would have to be my second favorite. Was really wanting to see them release BN 7, but they decided to drop the series after that. :( Not sure why, though. Maybe they couldn't get enough sales? I've played a few of the non-BN games as well, but those weren't too memorable. Well, at least to me.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm still crying over the corpse of MML3. I can never forgive capcom for that fiasco. Other then that, I love the series! I really wish we could get a ZX3, Advent was so good.

-MG

In-training Alchemist
    Years
    I'm still crying over the corpse of MML3. I can never forgive capcom for that fiasco. Other then that, I love the series! I really wish we could get a ZX3, Advent was so good.

Yeah... It's sad that Capcom isn't giving enough support for the blue bomber on these days. Counting the failed projects that OVBIOUSLY could have been great games, such as Megaman Universe, Rockman Online, and the most known of MML3, I get the idea that Nintendo should try to recruit Megaman on his lines... :)

Also, I hope for the Kicksarter project, Mighty Nº 9 (along with the Shantae game) to be a huge success, that would teach Capcom how to deal without one of their biggest stars.

Well, that's just my opinion... :d

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I enjoy the battle network series myself, playing and completing all of them except Battle Network 6, and well, tecccchnically I haven't finished BN5 yet, but, I will soon enough! Yeah, I wish they could continue with the BN series too, but, I guess that's how things are.

Who are your favourite robots / navis / whatever you want to call em? I really like Protoman, as well as Tenguman and Shadoman as well as Bass and Cutman! All pretty cool robots & navis respectively.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite net-navis would have to Colonel and Protoman, as they're very serious and always ready to get down to business. Plus, they played huge roles in Battle Network 5. I'm a fan of Bass, too, as well as Shademan. Bass was involved one of the earlier games, but too bad he wasn't in any of the later ones. Well, he was, but he just wasn't featured in the main story-lines. Oh, and my favorite net-operators are Lan, Chaud, Tesla, and Tamako, by the way. Not sure why, but I just love these people. (:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I also liked the Battle Network series, and 3 was my favorite out of all of them. It had a lot put into the game: counters to acquire bugfrags, and different souls you can get in the game, not to mention the secret area which was hard.

Battle Network 5 was amazing, but I had never finished it fully. If I ever get around to it, then I will do. 6 however, was also good, but I think it could have left in the immortal area as well as the Boktai side story.

Years
    Thanks to the 3DS Virtual Console, I'm now a huge Mega Man fan. For whatever reason I'd just never played any of the titles... now I'm up to the end of Mega Man 3 and I'm loving the series. Some of the spin-offs certainly look interesting too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'd suggest going for the X games up to 3, All 4 zeros, ZX Advent, and at least one of each BN duo. Except for 5, go for double team if you can get it.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I LOVE MEGAMAN

One of the best series ever made. Legends and Star Force are the only game series I haven't played (and some of the later X games, yuck).

Battle Network holds a special place in my heart. Up until 3, the game was literally perfect in every single way. They dropped the ball terribly with 4, and to me they didn't really fix it from then on. I didn't like the midget graphical style they changed to, and the whole Dark Chip/Giga Chip thing just got weird.

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Oh my goodness, Megaman is neck and neck with Pokemon in terms of childhood value. Unfortunately I didn't start off when any of the old school Megaman, I just say the cool Megaman Zero game on the GBA that my friend was playing so when I asked for Megaman for Christmas I was given Megaman Battle Network 3 White version. A little disappointed because this was not what I had asked for, I would soon reconsider that. The Battlenetwork series were absolutely amazing, from the super fun battles with all of the chip combinations, with the fun puzzles that would have to be solved, and the connection of the real world and the cyber world. The characters were very funny and likeable, and the story was great. After 3 the battle network games would only get better exponentially after that, getting other Navi's skills? Liberating Areas? BEAST MODE?! However when 7 was not delivered I was quite honestly heartbroken. I picked up the Star Force series about 2 years ago and as fun as it is, it couldn't replace the battle network series. They also cancelled Star Force so I don't even have that anymore. :(

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Megaman, koff~

Megaman is by far my favorite platforming series. I've played and beat all of the classic series (apart from 7) played through most of the X series (didn't they have a few on the PS1? I didn't get that far) Beat Megaman & Bass, Beat Megaman ZX and Advent and tried to get into Zero, but I felt that it was really broken. Comparing the Zero games (I mean come on they call it a 'Megaman' game) to the X games, there really is no comparison. Extending the gameplay by creating little helpers that die (and don't help me much) and leveling up weapons and doing the whole 'I don't care, just do what you want' Metroid-esque feel did not live up to it's successors.

So far my favorite Robot master is DWN-015 (Heatman) from Megaman 2, and so far his stage is as difficult as I remember it. The disappearing and reappearing blocks grow heavily in his stage, causing me to plummet to my death again and again and again; and he's isn't weak to the Metal Blade, so there's that. And he's the only boss I can think of that can actually restore his health using a weapon you launched at him (Crash Bomber). He's also a giant zippo lighter.

I stay away from the 'Grid' series of Megaman, as I have a hard time seeing it as a Megaman title. I think this applies for MML as well for me. I like the Blue Bomber to wear his helmet and jump and shoot. I think the Megaman games are the only games I hate collecting things on (X's hardware does not count as it is required to complete the game). If you have to collect money, coins, bolts, or whatever, you've taken away a key part Megaman. Just jump in, write your password, and jump and shoot. That's it. Going back and forth and back and forth collecting crystals and bolts? That ain't the Megaman way, koffi~

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Is that...a MegaMan rhythm game? Google translate left that page a mess, and I have no idea what it was talking about.

I'm glad to see people recommending some Battle Network games! The first three seem like a place to start with the series. When those games were being released, I unfortunately fell out of keeping on top of MegaMan releases.

On looking through the series, I saw the box art for MegaMan Legends, and I vaguely recall owning that game. I don't think I ever played it because it was just so different from the MegaMan I was used to.

Back