• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mekakucity Actors

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I like how their powers have eye motifs.

Kido represents things we cannot see. She can turn invisible and with her hoodie up, she is the stereotypical loner in school.

Marry represents how we sometimes lock up when catching someone's gaze, like a deer in headlights.

Momo attracts someone's attention and where an audience shifts their gazes to. She's become an idol.

It wasn't that clear, but Marry and Momo make a powerful tag team. She shifted the terrorists' gaze to Marry, who then froze them. The terrorists were frozen in Episode 1. Perfect distraction set-up.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • The songs have had me addicted since they were released on Nico Nico Douga.
    I'm talking an almost unhealthy addiction {XD}

To be honest, the second episode was mildly disappointing. The first was decent.
    So far, the anime has been all style and no substance. ;)

But the story is still great! I know it like the back of my hand :)
    I even wrote a manifesto about it once.

P.S. Looks like I'm behind on Episode 3. I'll watch it right now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really liked this episode because it tied to Episode 1 and now suddenly things make a lot of sense. :) I even rewatched Episode 1 and they have little hints of what actually happened, like before the men were yelling "Hey, don't just go around hitting people!" or something like that it showed a really short clip of Marry tripping over cords.

I like Momo, I think she's my favorite. I agree with Blade, I really want to see more, this episode seemed pretty short. ;~;

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kido's poses are so weird they're hilarious. xDD

...I actually forgot how the previous episode ended though. Maybe I need to rewatch it for a bit.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Thoughts on episode 2:

Male protagonist is nowhere in sight, but it introduces a blonde student, Momo. She was alright, and I liked her interactions with the teacher. Typical SHAFT to break up scenes by showing flashes of a solid color. Orange, red, blue. Hm, what could it mean... For Bakemonogatari, I think it mostly showed red.

Momo never sees people in her imaginations or flashbacks, only inanimate objects. Tape recorders, flowers, and teddy bears. Poor girl hads no friends, and the scenes convey loneliness. I wonder what happened to her dad. :(

The environments have a sense of grandeur to me. They're over-the-top and ostentatious. A spiral staircase and lush garden near vending machines? Hmm.. As Avadon14 mentioned, Shintaro's room was ginormous compared to the manga panel. A huge room emphasizes their loneliness.

The girl that Shintaro bumped into at the mall seemed to have her eye on Momo. I'm hoping we learn more about the power of red eyes. :D

huehuehuehuheuheuheuheuehuhehehue, it is Shinbou who's directing this anime, the guy who made the almighty Monogatari series.

Akiba

Years
  • I like how they have a little bit of Azami's backstory at the end of every episode. Kind of like Clannad :)

Kido's poses are so weird they're hilarious. xDD

...I actually forgot how the previous episode ended though. Maybe I need to rewatch it for a bit.

I think that's because SHAFT is animating this series. Kido is actually the most relaxed person ever.

For example, Senjougahara's poses in Monogatari. Sometimes she looks over her shoulder like a wraith does, but when that happens, I just remind myself: It's SHAFT, not her. It's just SHAFT.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I think that's because SHAFT is animating this series. Kido is actually the most relaxed person ever.

For example, Senjougahara's poses in Monogatari. Sometimes she looks over her shoulder like a wraith does, but when that happens, I just remind myself: It's SHAFT, not her. It's just SHAFT.

I remember she doesn't do all those poses when I was reading the manga adaptation. She definitely looks a lot more relaxed there.

SHAFT is guilty of making me laugh at Kido, despite her being my favorite character in the series. :'D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Marry is the reason I'm watching this.
    Mekakucity Actors

HanaKana is love, HanaKana is life.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The anime is doing a lot of justice to Mary. I love her. ;w; Where as, with the songs and manga, she didn't stand out to me as much.

Akiba

Years
  • Episode 4 ;-;

SHAFT ruined the Heat-Haze Daze. SHAFT ruined Hiyori and Konoha too.

SHAFT basically cuts out all of the important details and feely things from this episode. And this was supposed to be the most important episode of the series, too.

And then SHAFT starts framing Azami too. T-T

Hiyori is supposed to be really sweet, but in this episode she's kind of a jerk.

And Konoha's voice, too. It's not fitting. How will they give the same voice to Haruka?

I'm losing hope. My emotions are really a mess. ;-;

Kagepro is really important to me, and SHAFT is being inconsiderate. *sniffle*

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Episode 4 was kinda creepy yet sad.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really can't believe it lasted 20 minutes though, lol. I kind of feel like this didn't have anything to do with the plot at all other than the boy being the same, but I guess I'll be proven wrong soon >.<

Akiba

Years
  • The high-pitched voice that they gave Ayano was not quite right, either.

SHAFT really better not mess up Lost Time Memory, or I'm going into depression. :(

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Episode 5 confuses me a bit so I'll probably have to rewatch it. SHAFT being SHAFT.

Spoiler:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was really looking forward to seeing the amusement park scene from the manga animated, though what we got in place of it was also pretty funny, IMO, so I liked the recent episode well enough. xD Got sorta sad during the Ayano scenes, but there was also enough humor to even it out.

Kinda screamed when Konoha launched himself at the truck, though - was not expecting that. XD;

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • I can't bring myself to like this anime(anime not the source material). Being the reason it's not that good as the source materials. D: I don't like what they did in Heat Haze days because it's one of the parts where it should be emotional or something. :(

Back