• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

metal music?

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    Five Finger Death Punch

I know they're Mainstream, but i have really got into them ever since reading about them in Metal Hammer Magazine. (such a good read!)
    They have such a good mix of screaming and clean vocals.

Also, has anyone heard of Deicide? They're just so damn heavy :D
    Although hard to understand

Vie

Years
    well, my music is changing very often, but I don't like BFMV, slayer and such things..when I listen to metal I prefer disturbed, in extremo, killswitch engage, tool, knorkator, nightwish,...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Without Music Life Would Be Pointless
    I hear ya buddy, I can't get enough of down with the sickness-Disturbed, eye of the tiger-Rocky, or not listning.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Metal, eh? I prefer the older stuff, specifically Iron Maiden. If you haven't heard their rendition of Phantom of the Opera, you need to find it NOW. I swear, these guys are harder than fvcking diamonds.

Also, GIRUGAMESH!
    metal music?

xMeowthz

Starting off fresh, again.
    Years
    I love the song "10 Miles Wide" by Band names are for idiots. It's awesome. Short verses, great chorus.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Now why would I do that? Metal sucks.
    I prefer Wood music.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    ^ lol at above. Anyway i am not into the newer stuff. I am more old school. Metallica Maiden black Sabbath a bit and some ozzy. Oh and Roses. You got to love 'em roses.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i luv metal! in fact anything to do with the rock genre, mychem, gallows, slipknot, fob, a7x and loads more.
    im not too much of a lamb of god fan.
    mainly becuase theyr name shorted just imprints the image of a giant turd in my head :P

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Now why would I do that? Metal sucks.

I want to write an essay-length post explaining why you're wrong, but I won't.

Anyway, I'm currently addicted to the band My Dying Bride. They're EPIC! Doom Metal is awesome, but they just take that awesomeness and make it... awesome-er? I also like Black Metal; Wolves in the Throne Room, Carpathian Forest and Forgotten Woods are great bands from this genre, in my opinion. But the genre that I listen to most is Death Metal, more specifically the bands Cradle Of Filth, Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse, along with a couple others.

I do listen to other genres of Metal, I like Iron Maiden and Metallica too. I have way too many of their songs on my iPod. ._.

Also, I don't think that Bullet For My Valentine or Slipknot are Metal. Then again, I never really see any Nu-Metal or Metalcore band as Metal...

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, DragonForce, and some others.

Thrash metal, power metal, and heavy metal are the only kinds I really enjoy.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    But the genre that I listen to most is Death Metal, more specifically the bands Cradle Of Filth, Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse, along with a couple others.
    i really dislike cannibal corpse.
    mainly becuase one of their albums is titled "entrails from a virgins ****"
    please dont try guess what the last word is but nonetheless its disgusting.
    and the front cover is absolutely disgusting too :(

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019

I know that album! :D

They do have disgusting lyrical themes, but I don't really care. I censor all the swears in song/album titles and get the censored album artwork. I don't really mind. I love their music, and that's all that matters, in my opinion.

I'm actually listening to them right now...

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    And don't forget the beautifully titled songs.
    Meat hook Sodomy.
    ****ed with a Knife.
    Mmmh.
    The Gore is amazing.
    Iloveit.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I know that album! :D

They do have disgusting lyrical themes, but I don't really care. I censor all the swears in song/album titles and get the censored album artwork. I don't really mind. I love their music, and that's all that matters, in my opinion.

I'm actually listening to them right now...

im listening to slipknot ^^
    but i agree the musics more important than the background (even if it does make u gag in the middle of hmv's rock music aisle ;))

Back