• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mew Event

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Premier Ribbon prevents the holding pokemon - at the time of writing, only this Mew can legitimately have it - from being traded over the GTS.

The Classic Ribbon has the same effect in regards to the GTS.

Both do not disallow trading and battling over wireless communications or the wi-fi rooms accessed via. a Pokemon Center

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    OMG! If you hadn't told me this, OP, I would have never gotten a Mew
    I love you. Remember that.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I'm thinking of starting my save over, but is there a certain place you have to be in the game to get it? Couldn't find this question in the thread, maybe I overlooked it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'm glad I joined this forum in time to find out about the event.

So I was able to get a Mew on Friday and then show it to my son who was shocked to see it. Then I showed him how easy it was to acquire and he called two of his friends from school.

Anyway, he had one of his friends over on Saturday that has SS but not a DSi so my son put his friends game cartridge into his DSi and got him a Mew as well and his friend said, "Thanks, you're the best friend ever!"

I had to hold back the laughing but it was cute... :lol:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I'm glad I joined this forum in time to find out about the event.

So I was able to get a Mew on Friday and then show it to my son who was shocked to see it. Then I showed him how easy it was to acquire and he called two of his friends from school.

Anyway, he had one of his friends over on Saturday that has SS but not a DSi so my son put his friends game cartridge into his DSi and got him a Mew as well and his friend said, "Thanks, you're the best friend ever!"

I had to hold back the laughing but it was cute... :lol:

Haha, that's awesome. But one question; why is the DSi neccesary? I have a DS lite and I got my mew fine. It works with Regular DS, too, no?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Different wi-fi encryption?

DSLite and DS only work on WEP. DSi works on a couple of others.

Barker, you have to have recieved the Pokedex from Prof. Oak before you can get it. If I'm wrong, don't worry, as you only need to get Violet City's gym badge, and that didn't take me long, despite me taking 5 days to get to Violet City xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    hmm his friend had a ds lite and i checked for wi-fi setup but couldn't find it. guess i didn't look hard enough but good to know for next time he comes over i'll get him in an online event or something.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
    Just beat up to the first badge which is easy enough - bug pokemon ;) then you should be able to get the mew. I started my game over because i feel like doing a mew run ;D

Years
    hmm his friend had a ds lite and i checked for wi-fi setup but couldn't find it. guess i didn't look hard enough but good to know for next time he comes over i'll get him in an online event or something.

Mine was a pain to set up, as even though it found my wireless router, it wouldn't connect, as it claimed it's security setting 'was not supported for the DS'. Had to do it manually and eventually got it to connect.

As for this, I got my Mew as well, got to train it up now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    Mine was a pain to set up, as even though it found my wireless router, it wouldn't connect, as it claimed it's security setting 'was not supported for the DS'. Had to do it manually and eventually got it to connect.

As for this, I got my Mew as well, got to train it up now.

Yeah, I had to do the same thing too :S. When I first got my DS, I spended hours trying to get the Wifi to work, and in the end it worked , yay xD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, sometimes the encryption means it won't work at all...

DS/DSLite only supports WEP.

DSi/DSi XL supports some others....WPA I think is one...

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I'm thinking of starting my save over, but is there a certain place you have to be in the game to get it? Couldn't find this question in the thread, maybe I overlooked it.

Just beat up to the first badge which is easy enough - bug pokemon ;) then you should be able to get the mew. I started my game over because i feel like doing a mew run ;D

Start a new game, get your starter, go to Mr.Pokemon and get the Pokedex. The go back to the first Mart and save outside. Download the Wondercard, recieve Mew.

You don't even have to get back to the Lab, you don't need to battle anyone at all. From here you can trade and do over. It takes like 10 mins.

Well, sometimes the encryption means it won't work at all...

DS/DSLite only supports WEP.

DSi/DSi XL supports some others....WPA I think is one...

DSi does support WPA and WPA2 however it will not work for for WiFi events and it will not work for all other games WiFi abilities.

It works for only DSiWare and the Internet.

Back