• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters

Skullie

.∙:||º¿ωhäää?º|| :∙.
    Years
    Lentiano,wtf? P L E A S E! Dont be such a perv.
    Anyways...Arceus! :D!! *It can turn into a better looking pink!*
    Mew comes in pretty close though!
    Pwease! nintendo! Come out with event Arceus!
    NOW! Im too reluctent to try AR :|.
    Or hacks in general....

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Arceus,better description & can change its type...
    Mew is ok....

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
    Eh...Mew. Arceus is cool (heck, truth be told, I hacked to get one, but I made it an HM slave and then got irritated with its hacked-ness and released it), but Mew fulfills my likes more. Arceus comes in close though, with the ability to change its type. Its movepool isn't very large though, so Mew wins with that. :/
    And cmon, when it's Shiny, its blue! And a nice shade of blue, at that. That's amazing right there. xD
    Lol, can you tell I'm a Shiny Hunter? :3

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Arceus is ugly, I am gonna be oldschool here:
    I grew up with Pokémon, I started playing Pokémon when the original games were launched in Europe, am I the only one that has noticed a quality drop in Pokémon with the Hoenn region and forward? Especially with the legendaries. Maybe it's just me... exept I don't think that really.

Mew is nice and all, cute and pink, I probably like Mewtwo better though. But still, Arceus claims to be "the god of pokémon", well, stfu silly antler god, I'll catch you in a Pokéball, stuff you in box 15 named "uglybox", keep you there forever until you stop claiming to be a god XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, let's take a look at the two Pokémon, will we? Mew, a cute, small, pink Pokémon. It is liked by both males and females of the human race (which is a hard feat to accomplish for a Pokémon), it can learn every move in the game, it is a legendary Pokémon, it was the protagonist of the first Pokémon movie (which will always have a place in our hearts), it is officially unobtainable in the games but it can be obtained through a glitch known as the Mew Trick (though why it's known as that, I have no idea as you can encounter any Pokémon you want so long as you know how to do it properly), it's stats are okay and everybody loves its cry. Arceus, on the other hand, is a white dog with a gold plate around its body, it can turn itself into any type and it is regarded as the God of all Pokémon. I think it was too soon for a God of all Pokémon and I really think that Mew wins this. There was really no competition whatsoever. Mew was the original God of all Pokémon and for me, it'll always be my favourite out of the two, and maybe out of all of the Legendaries, because its era was an era where catching a Legendary was actually an accomplishment and Legendary Pokémon were few and far between.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    For the record, Arceus is know by FANS as the "God of pokemon". Never once was it called the "God of pokemon" in any game or anything other than the words of fans. Just because it created the universe, doesn't make it a "God of all pokemon". I don't know of any pokereligion, there's no worship or belief system involved with Arceus. He's simply the divince creator, but not a "God" per se.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Mew is the ancestors of ALL Pokemon
    BUT Arceus is the one who created the universe in Pokemon world...
    It's kinda confusing which is born first...
    PS: Not talking about the in game appearance order...

Last edited:

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Mew to the infinite power. It was one of the first gen legendaries which, I will admit, I am biased towards it. It was back when it was an amazing thing to get a legendary. It was the creator of all Pokemon. Arceus is, to me at least, just another uber. Soon next gen will have an even bigger and better Pokemon and everyone will fan over that.

Years
    Arceus because it can be any type but also Mew is a pretty cute lovable pokemon that seem's to pull through for me but I have to choose Arceus

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    They both have unique traits.

Arceus, not being capable of learning any attack, can still learn quite a lot, and is supposedly stronger than Mew. It also can change types freely with different plates, and it's color and it's signature attack, Judgment, change as well. (Judgment changes to the same type as Arceus.)

Mew, on the other hand, CAN learn any attack. It makes a good HM slave, if ya ask me. =P
    Nothing else is really that special about Mew, except the fact it's cute and the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Also, just a theory...but if Arceus created the universe...wouldn't that mean it created Mew as well...?

I personally prefer Arceus. In my opinion, Arceus is cooler and better of a Pokemon than Mew.

But, don't get me wrong, I like Mew, I just prefer Arceus.
    So, don't say, "ZOMG YOU'RE NOT OLDSCHOOL YOU LIKE STUPID POKEMON ARCEUS SUX LOLXD!!!"

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Mew is "believed by scientists" to be the ancestor of all pokemon, because of its ability to learn so many moves. It's not definitively the ancestor of all pokemon. Arceus created the universe, and an entity from which two (Palkia and Dialga) sprung, and another three (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf). Palkia created space and Dialga created time. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf created knowledge, emotion, and willpower. I'd say they, and maybe even Groudon and Kyogre, and maybe Jirachi, all came before Mew.

Also, to the above poster - Arceus is stronger than Mew. Mew has base 100 in all stats, Arceus has base 120 in all stats.

Years
    PokeReligion?

For the record, Arceus is know by FANS as the "God of pokemon". Never once was it called the "God of pokemon" in any game or anything other than the words of fans. Just because it created the universe, doesn't make it a "God of all pokemon". I don't know of any pokereligion, there's no worship or belief system involved with Arceus. He's simply the divince creator, but not a "God" per se.

Then what about that "Communal Church" in Hearthrome City?
    But to me they're equally good.

Back