• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    Mew is "believed by scientists" to be the ancestor of all pokemon, because of its ability to learn so many moves. It's not definitively the ancestor of all pokemon. Arceus created the universe, and an entity from which two (Palkia and Dialga) sprung, and another three (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf). Palkia created space and Dialga created time. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf created knowledge, emotion, and willpower. I'd say they, and maybe even Groudon and Kyogre, and maybe Jirachi, all came before Mew.

Also, to the above poster - Arceus is stronger than Mew. Mew has base 100 in all stats, Arceus has base 120 in all stats.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't sure if Arceus is stronger than Mew or not. ^_^
    Also, your theory has a good chance of being correct as well.
    Mew couldn't have been alive to be the REAL ancestor of all Pokemon. That would mean Arceus would have evolved from Mew, along with the whole universe itself...

But, I think you're right. Maybe Mew is recognized for being the ancestor of all Pokemon because it can learn any attack...

We really don't have a true answer unless Nintendo reveals it themselves.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    Mew is "believed by scientists" to be the ancestor of all pokemon, because of its ability to learn so many moves.

Hypothetically, if Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, it still leaves us with one question: Which came first, the Arceus or the Mew?

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    well if mew is the ancestor of all pokemon that would mean he created Arceus, Arceus created the world Dialga and Palkia created space and time Uxie , Azelf ,and Mespirit gave emotion Groudon created the ground Kyogre created the oceans Jirachi created the stars celebi created the forests... well im confused

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    I would go for Mew because, I'm tired of people talking about Arceus as the ultimate pokemon god for the whole series :/

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    well if mew is the ancestor of all pokemon that would mean he created Arceus, Arceus created the world Dialga and Palkia created space and time Uxie , Azelf ,and Mespirit gave emotion Groudon created the ground Kyogre created the oceans Jirachi created the stars celebi created the forests... well im confused

Well I was only saying that Mew is the ancestor so I could write, "Who came first, the Arceus or the Mew?" You know, like the pokemon version of "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" It's one of those questions you can ponder endlessly without getting a real answer. Maybe that's what Nintendo wants us to do.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Mew is nice and all, cute and pink, I probably like Mewtwo better though. [S-HIGHLIGHT]But still, Arceus claims to be "the god of pokémon", well, stfu silly antler god, I'll catch you in a Pokéball, stuff you in box 15 named "uglybox", keep you there forever until you stop claiming to be a god [/S-HIGHLIGHT]XD

Ha! Nice one! In fact, I have an Arceus---*Sticks him in a box called "LonelyBox"*
    Take that Arceus! Try and be a "God" now! Your in a computer!

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    I voted Mew.

Why?

Look at my username.

Mew was my first love in Pokemon. I fell in love with her before I even knew she was legendary. (Yes, "she." Don't try to convince me otherwise.)

I have a Mew plushie and everything! (*brik'd*)

Besides, Legendary Pokemon are becoming a dime a dozen now...

PokeFan187

Pikachu Fanatic ~ ⋆
    Years
    Well This is a hard one. :\

Mew is cute and can learn every TM/HM, but Arceus IS The god Pokemon and can be any type.

BUT Without Arcues there would be no Mew.

So I'm Gonna have to say Arcues.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Mew for me.

Arceus seems boring to me. Nothing really draws me to it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dislike Arceus. It's definately not that interesting, sure, it gets all those plates to change it's type, but I still feel they could've done better. My opinion anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2008
    Wow, I thought Arceus was the God of Pokemon? Every since Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out I liked Arceus and I am going to stick with my decision.

Back