• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew Or Mewtwo?

Mew Or Mewtwo, Which Would You Have?

• Mew

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 55 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    I know there isnt much difference between the two but, which would you rather have and why?

I would have Mew because it generally looks better, (especially when it's shiny. blue mew FTW).

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Hm..i alwayz thought mew looked better, but then again everyone has their own opinion

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, there really is no comparison. While Mew can be more versatile since it can learn all the TM/HM/MTs in the game, Mewtwo has a much higher base SAtk and Spd. There is a reason why using Mewtwo in a competitive battle is frowned upon while Mew is generally accepted. While it has well rounded stats and a great movepool, it isn't as abusive as Mewtwo.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll have to agree with Shane. Mew is much more versatile than Mewtwo will ever be, making it into the competitive side of things.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Mewtwo is naturally stronger than Mew in Ubers or any other gaming environment. Mew may be versatile and learn a wide range of moves, but that isn't as useful as having a sky high special attack and speed stat. Mewtwo still learns a great portion of the moves that Mew can learn, and it makes a fantastic sweeper of both physical AND special. Mewtwo, no doubt.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Mewtwo looks cooler and its added power more than compensates for Mew's added versatility. I personally field a BoltBeaming Mewtwo with Psychic and Recover, and it's a beast.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Mewtwo is naturally stronger than Mew in Ubers or any other gaming environment. Mew may be versatile and learn a wide range of moves, but that isn't as useful as having a sky high special attack and speed stat. Mewtwo still learns a great portion of the moves that Mew can learn, and it makes a fantastic sweeper of both physical AND special. Mewtwo, no doubt.
    But Mewtwo isn't natural. He was made by the DNA of Mew, but he was brought to life by scientists working for Giovanni.Mew is way cuter and WAY WAY WAY tougher than Mewtwo evan though he doesn't have sky high special attack or speed. Lugia's better than both of them though...

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    But Mewtwo isn't natural. He was made by the DNA of Mew, but he was brought to life by scientists working for Giovanni.Mew is way cuter and WAY WAY WAY tougher than Mewtwo evan though he doesn't have sky high special attack or speed. Lugia's better than both of them though...
    Sir, it doesn't matter if he's natural or not. The fact is that he is most indefinitely stronger. Mewtwo is stronger than Mew, and you don't need proof to make that judgement. It's obvious who would win seeing their stats.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Mewtwo is a uber-type battler. Considered a beast in competitive battling. Mew is an all around annoyer. Mew can learn ALL the TMs and HMs. It can learn Transform too. So I say Mewtwo.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Mewtwo is a uber-type battler. Considered a beast in competitive battling. Mew is an all around annoyer. Mew can learn ALL the TMs and HMs. It can learn Transform too. So I say Mewtwo.
    Both Mew and Mewtwo are of the uber tier. Mew doesn't have to be an annoyer, it can be a simple sweeper, support, or a status inducer. Even a Baton Passer. :x But yeah, Mewtwo is superior to Mew in most ways.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Mewtwo gets my vote, it's more efficient at its intended job. Mew falls nicely in-between many categories in ubers, but fails to do any of them with any potency. Mew is outswept on both sides of the spectrum, is out-walled and out-stalled by a lot of the uber tier too. Almost every uber has access to a beneficial stat-up move, lowering mew's usefulness as a passer too. Mew's best trait is it's unpredictability, the opponent may not reach for the obvious counter right away leaving mew to start up one of it's many jobs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back