• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Microphone Trouble? D:

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
Years
  • Okay, so.. I'm an aspiring voice actress, so good quality microphones are a big deal for me. I was previously using a microphone from a Wii game, just the kind I plug into my USB drive, and it was decent. The problem is that my USB ports (or my mic/ipod cords both?) are going out. Which is a problem by itself, but moving on.

I bought a headset mic from Best Buy for about $21. I know a few people who use mics similar to it. But now when I record, there's this staticy noise that I can't seem to get rid of. I can use the noise removal tool in Audacity, but then the audio quality is awful. I'm not really used to the microphones that I plug into the.. erm.. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's not the usb kind of microphone. It plugs into the little microphone slot on the side of my laptop. Does anyone know what the problem may be? ;;

Oh! The type of mic! It's a Dynex stereo headset with noise cancelling microphone. I saw it had some bad reviews though, so if I can't solve the problem, I may try taking it back.

Anyway, that's it. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me, but I'm hoping so. ^^;
    Thanks. <3

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Hmmm. All I can really think is to make sure you're recording from the microphone instead of from something else, such as Stereo Mix.

If the problem persists, take it back. You probably have a faulty headset.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • As a semi-professional technician, I think I'll have to concur with Purple Materia on this matter. Instead of going with an inexpensive headset microphone, I would suggest paying a little bit extra for a headset of finer quality. Sennheiser and Plantronics make some of the best headsets money can buy, albeit more expensive.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • Instead of going with an inexpensive headset microphone, I would suggest paying a little bit extra for a headset of finer quality.

Yessss! I would love that. :'D I was desperate for a working mic though, and with it being Christmas time, I'm poor right now, ahaha. xD;
    Although that is helpful for after the holidays have ended. Sennheiser and Plantronics, you say? I don't think the itty bitty Best Buy here carries those, but I can always use ebay, I suppose. ^^

Well, thanks! If I can't get this resolved, I will most definitely keep that in mind. =)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

• Yessss! I would love that. :'D I was desperate for a working mic though, and with it being Christmas time, I'm poor right now, ahaha. xD;
    Although that is helpful for after the holidays have ended. Sennheiser and Plantronics, you say? I don't think the itty bitty Best Buy here carries those, but I can always use ebay, I suppose. ^^

Well, thanks! If I can't get this resolved, I will most definitely keep that in mind. =)
    I recommend Newegg over eBay if you're buying electronics online.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • I recommend Newegg over eBay if you're buying electronics online.

I agree 100%. Newegg is indeed a great place to get electronics online, and even my brother thinks likewise, as Newegg is where he found his home theater amplifier, speakers, and some of his hard drives, among other things. Not that what I said has any relevance, but I think you get what I'm trying to point out.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • if your getting static-like noise, perhaps one of those foam microphone dampeners may help. I'm not an audio expert, but from what I know, those foam dampeners help cut out the background noise and increase the pick up of the closer voice

Back