• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Might Finally Cave On Buying The Switch Tonight

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I think I'm gonna go to Gamestop tonight and buy the Nintendo Switch. I'm getting pretty bored of my PS4. I still really enjoy playing Diablo 3 on it and intend on getting the Resurrected version of Diablo 2 once it drops, but my other titles (Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragonball Xenoverse, NBA 2K21) are just so boring to me. My PS4 has essentially been rendered as solely a Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus watching machine and I need a new console.

The games I have my eye on for the Switch are Animal Crossing New Horizons, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2. I'm also considering Pokemon Sword and Shield and Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny but Disgaea 5 kinda let me down and I've heard a ton of criticisms toward PKMN SwSh. Idk. I have a really bad addiction with buying NBA cards and I feel buying a new console to distract me might mitigate my urges to keep buying fancy Miami Heat cardboard. Thoughts?

Edit: My local Gamestop has no more Switch Lites in stock and I don't want the regular Switch. I guess I have to wait

Last edited:
    New Horizons is pretty fun! Even if it doesn't have as much content as New Leaf it's a very pretty game and if you like decorating, you'll be busy for a while. SwSh is worth it too imo, I especially like the DLC (especially Crown Tundra) if you ever want to try that out, even if it's expensive altogether.

Hope you can get yours soon! Switches can still be so tedious to find in stock :x

Years
    if you don't go into swsh with an open mind then yeah, you're not going to enjoy it. but i mean, i think that's true for most things, isn't it? it's fine to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised, but i think going into swsh with the mindset of "these games are going to suck" isn't going to help. :c

that aside, i agree with alexa bliss on astral chain! if you're a fan of action-packed games with rpg elements then i cannot recommend astral chain enough. but that depends on whether you're a big rpg person or not, because there's also other games like Ys VIII that are really fun (at least, imo).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I feel like I will enjoy SwSh despite how much I'm hesitating with it and letting the criticisms/controversies get in my head. I wouldn't play it until I'm ready to approach it with an open mind. And even if I don't enjoy it there's still Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, Pokemon Snap, and Pokemon Unite which I could enjoy

Back