• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Miracle of Evolution/Pre-Evo Stone Discussion

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I didn't see a thread about this, so I decided to post one.

As you may already know, the "Miracle of Evolution"
    Miracle of Evolution/Pre-Evo Stone Discussion
    is an item that boosts the Defense and Special Defense of Pokémon that are not fully evolved by 50%. This gives NFE Pokémon (such as Magneton or Chansey) much more usability both in-game and in competitive battling. (Source: Serebii, Bulbapedia)

That being said, which Pokémon do you intend to use it with and why?

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I have a question about it.

Does it boost the Power of Pokemon like Magneton, Chansey, Metapod, and so on too? Because they're technically both pre-evolved and evolved Pokemon.

And do you know this for a fact that it does/doesn't or are you just assuming?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The Miracle of Evolution boosts the DEF and Sp.DEF on unevolved Pokémon (e.g. Scyther, Gligar) by 50%. It boosts the DEF and Sp.DEF of evolved Pokémon that can still evolve again (e.g. Chansey, Porygon2) by 30%.

Disregard that, I've stuck clocks. It's a straight 50% boost to DEF and Sp.DEF for any Pokémon that can evolve.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This is beneficial for those who don't want to evolve their Pokemon :) Plus it makes them more competitive...haha I'm glad Shuckle didn't get an evolution after all as this stone would up it's already bulky defenses...

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Interestingly, Porygon2's boosted defenses combined with it's HP make it roughly more bulky on average then Deoxys-D, and even comparable to bulk to Lugia (though, with the proper EV spread, Lugia has slightly more Physical bulk).

With the stone, Porygon2 can take blows from hard-hitters like Salamence and Metagross, and even stand up to monster attackers Palkia and Mewtwo to an extent (though Draco Meteor on the former and Aura Sphere on the later will hurt).

Already training an armada of these guys in order to test out individual sets. Conversion2 might actually find some use now that Porygon2 can reliably take attacks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    This is beneficial for those who don't want to evolve their Pokemon :) Plus it makes them more competitive...haha I'm glad Shuckle didn't get an evolution after all as this stone would up it's already bulky defenses...
    Miracle of Evolution only affects Pokemon that can evolve. It can be used with Chansey, but not Shuckle.

I've seen Porygon2, Chansey and Dusclops holding MoE in Pokemon Online and man, they were more of a pain to take down than usual. The only downside to holding MoE I can think of is that if you lack reliable recovery, you can't use Leftovers.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    The only Pokemon I think that it really makes a difference for is Porygon2 with the welcomed Sp. Def boost. Well, actually, Roselia can do some damage with it and TS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Miracle of Evolution only affects Pokemon that can evolve. It can be used with Chansey, but not Shuckle.

I've seen Porygon2, Chansey and Dusclops holding MoE in Pokemon Online and man, they were more of a pain to take down than usual. The only downside to holding MoE I can think of is that if you lack reliable recovery, you can't use Leftovers.
    Lol I know it only works for pokemon that evolve xD I was just saying that if Shuckle was given an evolution this gen then it would have made Shuckle more dangerous as the MoE would have made it almost unstoppable...
    Uh Chansey is such a pain to take down by itself...now she's more powerful than before...actually I wonder if her defenses with the MoE are now more powerful than Blissey's :\

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I think it will become used often in competitive battling, as, for example, Porygon 2 will have 135 Defense and 140 Sp.Def.
    I will only use it for my Venipede, though as it's a waste of item slot.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Can you get more than one in a game? If so Im using it on all 9 of my Dragonairs'. With its dream world ability Marvel Scale, and the Miracle of Evolution, teehee, this is soooo awesome!

But yes, I will be using it on Dragonair specifically :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'll possibly use this on Pokemon that I love but hate there final evolution Rhyhorn and If I ever get competitive.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years

Woo-hoo Chansey here I come!

This item is a saving grace to all of the NFEs who are waiting for a chance to shine. Heck, some lower tier Pokemon were upgraded to OU or UU. This gives a chance for slightly bulky Pokes to become tanks. Only thing to wonder is if this is banned in Little Cup....

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I would definitely use this with shuckle and then use power trick
    It's impossible, as Shuckle doesn't evolve at all.
    Anyone noticed Lickitung? With around 110 in Defense and Sp.Def along with 95 HP it'll become a REALLY bulky Pokemon.
    I think he could become useful for Lickylicky haters.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years

Uh Chansey is such a pain to take down by itself...now she's more powerful than before...actually I wonder if her defenses with the MoE are now more powerful than Blissey's :\

They actually are better than Blissey's now, only problem is you can't use leftovers (well, there's always softboiled...)

Anyone noticed Lickitung? With around 110 in Defense and Sp.Def along with 95 HP it'll become a REALLY bulky Pokemon.
    I think he could become useful for Lickylicky haters.

I kind of see this as Gamefreak sort of "undoing" some of the terrible Gen. 4 evolutions by making their Gen. 1 pre-evos better than them in some cases. I will personally be using this with Magneton since I really disliked Magnezone.

The Red Chain

The Evolution Stone has been my savior far too many times now, I swear.
    I never wanted to evolve my Tsutaja throughout White but I knew I was gonna have major issues.. like I have every time I want to keep a pre-evo Pokemon the way it is. Then I discovered the beauty that is the Evolution Stone. I have never had to evolve a Pokemon to handle the difficulty since, and I've gotten to keep my precious Taaja. <333

For people like me who very rarely evolve Pokemon on a team, this stone is outstanding. I just wish I could get more than just one without hacking. ;-;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I can see this item being very overused. Especially for Chansey. This will be great in-game when I go and use NFE Pokemon. Now they won't go down to a slight breeze. Now Rhydon will have 180 base Defence and 67.5 Sp. Defence then you could add another x0.5 for a sandstorm boost for 101.25 base Sp. Defence and with 105 base HP it becomes very bulky. Then here are others like Piloswine, Hippopotas, Gligar, Dusclops, Tangela, etc. As with PokéSwimmer I do like the idea that Gamefreak is undoing all their bad evolutions with one item.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Why on earth has nobody mentioned Scyther??? 120 on both defense stats, plus it's already high attack and speed, bringing him to a base total of 580, this guy's near enough a pseudo now!!!

Back