• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I like what you've done so far, I have yet to play the game, It does look exciting though, I am just waiting for a bigger release!

I am actually thinking of releasing a Version 1.5 before Version 2.

It would only add a small amount of gameplay to what's already there, but it would mean that SAV files would be compatible with Version 2, whereas if I wait to release Version 2, any saves wouldn't work with it because I changed a lot of flags and re-scripted a few things, meaning players would need to start all over again.

A Version 1.5 would mean players would have to start from the beginning again too, but if I do this, then it'll be the last time this would be necessary, and the saves would be compatible with all future releases. Should I do it this way instead? =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    I am actually thinking of releasing a Version 1.5 before Version 2.

It would only add a small amount of gameplay to what's already there, but it would mean that SAV files would be compatible with Version 2, whereas if I wait to release Version 2, any saves wouldn't work with it because I changed a lot of flags and re-scripted a few things, meaning players would need to start all over again.

A Version 1.5 would mean players would have to start from the beginning again too, but if I do this, then it'll be the last time this would be necessary, and the saves would be compatible with all future releases. Should I do it this way instead? =)

Yes, I think releasing a 1.5 would be a verry good idea!

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Hope the next update would allow deino,goldbat, and aron to evolve XD.
    I really want to use them so that I can get crobat, hydregon(typo?), and aggron.
    In the current version I'm a researcher and seeker.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I Played this hack for at least 2 hours and i must say i simply love it !! Every character in this hack has a solid personality !! Very few hacks have a decision based storyline and well... this one takes the cake ! Great work avarmoon ! i thoroughly enjoyed myself with this hack :D.

I justr have a doubt here though : How do you reach tanzamine cave? I have to meet professoer Avar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    Version 1.5 will be available in a couple of days, so I just thought to remove it from the main thread since it'll be getting replaced soon, but for all those who want Version 1.1 in the meantime can go here: https://www.mediafire.com/?pu5wydh37d9fqnw =)
    Put that in your first post, please. Thank you.

I have no idea how did this happen. I didn't use walk through wall code. This is what look like.
    MirageOfTales_02_zps9b264ac3.png
    MirageOfTales_03_zps878cfa3a.png
    MirageOfTales_05_zpsbabfb09b.png
    MirageOfTales_04_zpsbae5ce0a.png
    MirageOfTales_06_zps0d260be6.png
    MirageOfTales_01_zps5415ccb6.png

I can see ( on text box.
    MirageOfTales2_zpscaadccb0.png

Sprite problem on wall.
    MirageOfTales1_zpsc55efed0.png

Item ball stuck on the tree. Way out the place. Need put on grass or ground. Not on the tree.
    MirageOfTales_01_zps200aa4f5.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Put that in your first post, please. Thank you.

I have no idea how did this happen. I didn't use walk through wall code. This is what look like.
    MirageOfTales_02_zps9b264ac3.png
    MirageOfTales_03_zps878cfa3a.png
    MirageOfTales_05_zpsbabfb09b.png
    MirageOfTales_04_zpsbae5ce0a.png
    MirageOfTales_06_zps0d260be6.png
    MirageOfTales_01_zps5415ccb6.png

I can see ( on text box.
    MirageOfTales2_zpscaadccb0.png

Sprite problem on wall.
    MirageOfTales1_zpsc55efed0.png

Item ball stuck on the tree. Way out the place. Need put on grass or ground. Not on the tree.
    MirageOfTales_01_zps200aa4f5.png

I'm not putting the link in the first post. It is full of bugs so Id rather not have it there, a link to the better bug-free version will be there soon.

Where is the house with the tile glitch? I can't seem to find it =/ the Brun Cliff, item ball and text errors have been fixed. The first 2 were errors on my part after doing some block editing and re-mapping a few things =) thanks for pointing these out as I obviously forgot =P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I Played this hack for at least 2 hours and i must say i simply love it !! Every character in this hack has a solid personality !! Very few hacks have a decision based storyline and well... this one takes the cake ! Great work avarmoon ! i thoroughly enjoyed myself with this hack :D.

I justr have a doubt here though : How do you reach tanzamine cave? I have to meet professoer Avar.

Thanks a much! Character development and personalities was something I really wanted to have so glad it's coming across well. Tanzite Tunnel will be accessible in the next version =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    In Version 1.1, I can't get into the Villas to deliver the letter back to Loxar. Is this just me or a known glitch, or am I just completely lost? :')

Great hack, highly anticipating 1.5

Years
  • there's no link at the download link O.O
    it's just me or there's really no link ~.~
    can any1 give me the download link for this pls. :)
    thanks in advance. ^^

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    In Version 1.1, I can't get into the Villas to deliver the letter back to Loxar. Is this just me or a known glitch, or am I just completely lost? :')

Great hack, highly anticipating 1.5

Letter to Loxar? Do you mean the Silph Scope to Jenelle? If so you can give it to Darius when you get into Myton Mansion. If you've yet to trigger the Verlume Villas major event, start off by going to the Police Station. =)

Version 1.5 will be out tonight, for anyone who is interested! =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    UPDATE: Version 1.5 is here!

Most major glitches have been fixed, all Pokémon can be evolved, including Azradon, some more spriting work has been done, several events have been re-scripted, more Pokémon have been added and there's an extra city to explore! You will now also actually be able to choose whether to go to Lethean City Hotel or Iron Hollow first. And Tanzite Tunnel is in =)

I know it's not a huge progress update, however, playing this version will enable you to keep your sav file and it'll work with all newly-released versions from now on.

Work is still being done on the Alignment system I am trying to implement, so there won't be much of it there. NOT A BUG: A girl with an empty script is in Sola Cape, because this is where the NPC is going to be who will tell you your current alignment status.

As always if you're stuck comment and I'll help you or if you spot a glitch let me know so I can fix it asap.

WARNING: Researchers, NO NOT accept the New Bora sidequest just yet. I forgot to re-script that event so you'll end up getting stuck with no way out. I will rectify this ASAP.​

Enjoy! =)

https://www.mediafire.com/?k9bqyj28583rdhy

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Are you planning to add every pokemon from every generation?

That, my friend would be impossible.. for someone at my skill level, at least =P I don't have that kind of knowledge.
    Plus, filling a Dex of 649 Pokemon would be real tedious, I think. lol.

Years
  • That, my friend would be impossible.. for someone at my skill level, at least =P I don't have that kind of knowledge.
    Plus, filling a Dex of 649 Pokemon would be real tedious, I think. lol.

I understand lol. Btw when can I become a gym leader and who would that feature work?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Happy to see a new release for this. Right off the bat, I notice two issues. The running shoes don't seem to be working properly and the hero's sprite (male version) starts looking really strange with flashes of green everywhere when you ride the bike.

Edit: So, the running shoes started working in Mt. Ore, but they don't seem to be working in the first two towns at all. It's weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Happy to see a new release for this. Right off the bat, I notice two issues. The running shoes don't seem to be working properly and the hero's sprite (male version) starts looking really strange with flashes of green everywhere when you ride the bike.

Edit: So, the running shoes started working in Mt. Ore, but they don't seem to be working in the first two towns at all. It's weird.

Yes, the running shoes has been an issue from day 1 when this hack just started lol. I have no idea how to fix this, I really have tried but nothing's worked. This is why I give the player the bicycle straight away, although I understand the glitch hero sprite is because I haven't edited some frames of it yet. So the first issue will be fixed ASAP, the running shoes thing, I don't think I can fix =(

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I understand lol. Btw when can I become a gym leader and who would that feature work?

Oh, I forgot about that lol. I forgot to re-implement this feature when I had to restart the hack on a fresh ROM a few months back. Well, basically, my idea was that having your own gym could be the reward for beating all the gyms, but it really wasn't that exciting, you'd just basically stand in the same spot and have trainers come in and battle you for a while, get paid then leave haha. Technically that s what GLs do I suppose. But I have a few ideas for this feature, just haven't decided which Avlar Gym you're going to be taking over yet... =)

Back