• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just a quick question:

How many careers can you pick at once? Can you do them all? Or just 2...

You can pick as many as you want, the only ones you can't do at the same time are the Crime and Seeker careers. But you could also be a Neutralist if you don't want to pick either of them.

In case this might be helpful, here are a list of the possible combinations you might have:

Trainer/Neutralist (if you don't pick any careers at all)
    Trainer/Seeker
    Trainer/Gang Member
    Trainer/Researcher/Neutralist
    Trainer/Researcher/Seeker
    Trainer/Researcher/Gang Member

You can have up to three at a time, I guess would have been a simpler answer to your question =P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    New alternative Seeker and Crime events have been added!
    ~Some screenshot hints~

i3xumo.png
    sbsp6r.png
    2lo6qgx.png

EDIT: Also, I forgot to add that thanks to chrunch, Azradon's evolution(s) are now fully inserted into the game! So, no more weird evolutions in Version 2 haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    You can pick as many as you want, the only ones you can't do at the same time are the Crime and Seeker careers. But you could also be a Neutralist if you don't want to pick either of them.

In case this might be helpful, here are a list of the possible combinations you might have:

Trainer/Neutralist (if you don't pick any careers at all)
    Trainer/Seeker
    Trainer/Gang Member
    Trainer/Researcher/Neutralist
    Trainer/Researcher/Seeker
    Trainer/Researcher/Gang Member

You can have up to three at a time, I guess would have been a simpler answer to your question =P

I tought you could join the police too?

New alternative Seeker and Crime events have been added!
    ~Some screenshot hints~

i3xumo.png
    sbsp6r.png
    2lo6qgx.png

Wow looks amazing! I look forwart to playing those events. And the fakémon looks really great!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I tought you could join the police too?

Wow looks amazing! I look forwart to playing those events. And the fakémon looks really great!

Glad you like! =) Nah sorry I should have been more clear, the joining of the Police is just a small sidequest which is only available to people who didn't pick Crime or Seeker. Just so that the game doesn't become totally boring for those people who don't want to join either organisation =P

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    This hack looks very inetersting.the storyline sounds good.Will give it a shot when i have time and give feedback btw love the fakemons

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just posting a quick update to say that this hack will be on hiatus for a couple of weeks.
    I have played through what I have extensively and encountered several serious potentially game-breaking glitches that I have to fix. It's pretty frustrating as I'll have to take a lot of time to try and fix these, which will hinder making new progress... I'm so annoyed by it that I almost considered giving up lol, which I really don't want to do, so I'm taking a break from it for a little while to hopefully get the motivation back. I'll still be active on here to answer questions etc but Version 2 will not be out for quite a long time I think. Just thought I'd let y'all know =( Thanks so much for all the support though, you've all been amazing! <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Just posting a quick update to say that this hack will be on hiatus for a couple of weeks.
    I have played through what I have extensively and encountered several serious potentially game-breaking glitches that I have to fix. It's pretty frustrating as I'll have to take a lot of time to try and fix these, which will hinder making new progress... I'm so annoyed by it that I almost considered giving up lol, which I really don't want to do, so I'm taking a break from it for a little while to hopefully get the motivation back. I'll still be active on here to answer questions etc but Version 2 will not be out for quite a long time I think. Just thought I'd let y'all know =( Thanks so much for all the support though, you've all been amazing! <3

Oh no! this was my favorite hack! I'm really sad to hear this news, but I do understand you. I really hope you will start with this hack again! If there is anything I can do, you can always pm me!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Update~

The good news is that I managed to fix the most serious of these bugs (woot!) and the rest of them are well on their way to being sorted out too. I also completely re-scripted a lot of glitch events. Quite happy to say that progress will be continuing a lot faster than I thought it would be, so the game's going to be just fine after all! =D Version 2 will be up soon!

~AvaraMoon

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Really enjoying this hack, although once I went through the tunnel (having joined the gang), I couldn't figure out where the key to get inside the manor was. Am I missing something really obvious?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Really enjoying this hack, although once I went through the tunnel (having joined the gang), I couldn't figure out where the key to get inside the manor was. Am I missing something really obvious?

Once you've been through the underground passage, assuming you're in Grey Lord Estate, go to the house next to the mansion which is the pub. Acquire the item GIN, then go back to Verlume Villas and give it to the guard outside Loxar's mansion. Then take it from there =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, My Wurmple won't evolve for some reason. It starts to but then stops without me pressing anything.

Sorry about that, the current version doesn't support the evolution of some Pokémon because of the National Dex thing. Since then I have hex edited the Pokedex code, so all evolutions will work normally in Version 2. Apologies for the inconvenience, if it's for a Researcher quest a Butterfree or Beedrill will do the job for the moment =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Update~

The good news is that I managed to fix the most serious of these bugs (woot!) and the rest of them are well on their way to being sorted out too. I also completely re-scripted a lot of glitch events. Quite happy to say that progress will be continuing a lot faster than I thought it would be, so the game's going to be just fine after all! =D Version 2 will be up soon!

~AvaraMoon

Omg! Thank the lord! I'm so happy you will continue the hack! It must be a gift from heaven!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Another quick update I'm excited to announce is a feature I have been trying to implement for days now and finally got it to work correctly!

Those familiar with RPGs like D&D will already be aware of what is called your "Alignment". For those who aren't; it's basically like your own personality. For example, traditional RPG-style would include "Lawful Good" "Chaotic Evil" etc, but in this hack's case, I've just broken it down into Good, Neutral and Bad. Neutral personality alignments may eventually become Good or Bad over the course of the game depending on your actions. Likewise, just because you start off Good means you can turn Bad and vice-versa.

Careers will affect this too; they'll give you a kinda head-start on an alignment. Since you can pick more than one career it miiiiight be a little tricky, but so far it is broken down as follows:

• Seeker Career - Good Personality Alignment
    • Crime Career - Bad Personality Alignment
    • Trainer(default) Career - Neutral Personality Alignment
    • Researcher Career - Neutral Personality Alignment

Now I am working on creating a NPC who can tell you what your personality alignment is, but it'll take a while since I basically need to plan all the flags for the rest of the game as well as implementing past ones. Not exactly ground-breaking, but it's just another fun way to alter your storyline in the game. Im undecided on how much it will effect events by a little or a lot, but am open to suggestions!

*sorry for double posting, Moderators*

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Hmm I believe that your Alignment should affect the overall gameplay in some minor changes say, if you have an Bad Alignment and do a good mission/objective while doing so the characters you are with would be much less trusting of you and would be suspicious of your actions. Due to this they may be less inclined to help you in such things as double battles. If you were a Good Alignment doing a bad mission/objective the people with you would definitely be mistrusting of your actions and would let you fend for yourself until your resolve has proven true in either situation. While being of a Neutral alignment you would have a blank slate and characters would overall trust you but not more than someone of their own alignment.
    Now if you were of the same Alignment as whatever job/mission you were doing characters would obviously help you a bit in your endeavor such as healing your pokemon before a big fight. That's pretty much how I could see Alignments affecting any events that may happen doing the story of the game but, that's just my opinion. Overall it does seem like an interesting concept and if you manage it could be quite unique and cool so I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hmm I believe that your Alignment should affect the overall gameplay in some minor changes say, if you have an Bad Alignment and do a good mission/objective while doing so the characters you are with would be much less trusting of you and would be suspicious of your actions. Due to this they may be less inclined to help you in such things as double battles. If you were a Good Alignment doing a bad mission/objective the people with you would definitely be mistrusting of your actions and would let you fend for yourself until your resolve has proven true in either situation. While being of a Neutral alignment you would have a blank slate and characters would overall trust you but not more than someone of their own alignment.
    Now if you were of the same Alignment as whatever job/mission you were doing characters would obviously help you a bit in your endeavor such as healing your pokemon before a big fight. That's pretty much how I could see Alignments affecting any events that may happen doing the story of the game but, that's just my opinion. Overall it does seem like an interesting concept and if you manage it could be quite unique and cool so I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

Those are some really good suggestions, yeah that was the general feel I was going for! What do you mean by characters 'trusting' you though? Just as in they'll say things that sound disapproving or something else? =)

So far you have to do at least one small mission for your Career's alignment, then after that it will be completely up to you to choose what you do!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    WHOA!!!!!! Huge glitch i found in the 3rd rival battle first all his pokemon are lv.5 and tthen when he walks off he goes through a girl. I have no idea how u missed that

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    WHOA!!!!!! Huge glitch i found in the 3rd rival battle first all his pokemon are lv.5 and tthen when he walks off he goes through a girl. I have no idea how u missed that

It sounds to me like you're using Version 1 instead of Version 1.1. I suggest you update? =)

Back