• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Also, just for fun, I'd love to hear what you guys' speculations are about the mysterious unicorn you'll have spotted a few times along your journey =P

The 'Mystery Unicorn' apears in the beginning and at the end right?
    But I wonder, because the current pokemon champion askes (before you enter the last city I believe) you to keep Avara from researching any further on the mystery forest project thingy? (I'm really... REALLY bad with names..) I told her I'd like her to continue the project, but what if I told her I'd stop the proffesor, would the unicorn pokemon still apear?

The following contains a spoiler about the starter evo-chart, i'd advise you not te read it if you want to figure out everything about the starter itself.

Spoiler:

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • well now im looking for the SFS base to get the pokemon they stole from luxor's gang. i dunno where this base is though
    straight north above the city with the third gym among the trees on the right side, at the entry of the mountain where is the boy with the glasses.
    go at the end of the path where you hunt down the bulbasaur and head constantly East you will find the path between the trees.
    Might as well list a couple more soon to reach milestones
    1. 1,000 comment!
    2. 100,000 views!

I'm glad to have found this game. It is by far my favorite hack, or any game for that matter. EVER! (Was going for dramatic effect. Did it work?)
    almost done for the 100,000 views.

If we go on we shall make this hack famous as Liquid Crystal. *Hope so!*

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    The guards at Bora Bridge actually have nothing to do with any of that, they're supposed to go away once you've spoken to Atenza at the Sola Cape Pokémon Centre and then deliver the letter to the Research Lab. The Moor Farm and Licences and Bulbasaur don't affect anything in-game at all apart from the rewards you gain from them. =)

That was the problem. I hadn't talked to her in the Poke Center. >_>

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So for today's update, I've just finished scripting all of the events leading up to the Tournament - just have to get the mug-shots ready and then I can start! Unfortunately the Gym Leader Career script is still giving me major issues due to all the checks it needs. More has been added to the Breeder career too! =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Anyone knows where I can find the berries for the Breeder Career? I got the Arbok Venom. :)

It's been so long since the release of V2 I can barely remember, but they're definitely in there. Natur Path and Sogen Suburb bushes IIRC =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Hey again avara, say, if i were to update to a newer version would i need to start a new adventure?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey again avara, say, if i were to update to a newer version would i need to start a new adventure?

No, you'd be safe to use your previous save file =)

EDIT: FINALLY got the Gym Leader career intro script working, so that's going to be what I'm focusing on for now! Just wanted to gather an opinion from you guys, for Version 3. There's no way I'll be able to finish you taking over all 8 Gyms in time for it, but I was thinking of it going up to Reuben's Gym and then put the rest in in like Version 4 or something haha. How does that sound? Too little? Too much?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    Sounds good to me. Can't wait to play more lol. I absolutely love this hack.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Also, just for fun, I'd love to hear what you guys' speculations are about the mysterious unicorn you'll have spotted a few times along your journey =P

Well, I have a feelinf it's a legendary. Maybe like the mew of the elemental types. Wherever that place where thy found azradon at is where I think it's at.

Years
  • No, you'd be safe to use your previous save file =)

EDIT: FINALLY got the Gym Leader career intro script working, so that's going to be what I'm focusing on for now! Just wanted to gather an opinion from you guys, for Version 3. There's no way I'll be able to finish you taking over all 8 Gyms in time for it, but I was thinking of it going up to Reuben's Gym and then put the rest in in like Version 4 or something haha. How does that sound? Too little? Too much?

Whit this you mean after you beat all of the 8th teams with your regular pokes, you have to challenge them again with a mono-type team right? and that goed up to Reuben?
    That seems good enough for me. :
    )

It's been so long since the release of V2 I can barely remember, but they're definitely in there. Natur Path and Sogen Suburb bushes IIRC =)
    With this you mean I have to fight pokemon in those bushes which carry those berry's? Or are there berry bushes nearby? Becaus I haven't seen a single berry bush.. :x

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Whit this you mean after you beat all of the 8th teams with your regular pokes, you have to challenge them again with a mono-type team right? and that goed up to Reuben?
    That seems good enough for me. :)

With this you mean I have to fight pokemon in those bushes which carry those berry's? Or are there berry bushes nearby? Becaus I haven't seen a single berry bush.. :x

No, you become the Gym Leader and accept challengers, and are only allowed to use the type of that Gym and certain levels of evolution of that Gym's level. After you beat a number of Trainers who have come to challenge you, you take over the next Gym. And you just pick the berries out of the bushes?... =)

Years
  • No, you become the Gym Leader and accept challengers, and are only allowed to use the type of that Gym and certain levels of evolution of that Gym's level. After you beat a number of Trainers who have come to challenge you, you take over the next Gym. And you just pick the berries out of the bushes?... =)

Well, i think I found a bug then, because my game doesn't have ANY berry bushes, they apear to be invisible I guesse.
    Can you send me a screen shot of where one berry bush should be, Then i'll walk towards it on my rom an see if anything happens when I press 'z' in front of the 'invisible' tree. :#

Btw, I trained a pupitar from lvl 35 to 60 using an EXP. Share but It didn't learn EQ at level 54, and it still hasn't learned EQ.
    Is there a TM for EQ available knowing that my T-Tar will be pretty damn powerfull with Adamant Nature EQ's.. and ofcourse the Sp. Def boost in the sandstorm. :P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Well, i think I found a bug then, because my game doesn't have ANY berry bushes, they apear to be invisible I guesse.
    Can you send me a screen shot of where one berry bush should be, Then i'll walk towards it on my rom an see if anything happens when I press 'z' in front of the 'invisible' tree. :#

Btw, I trained a pupitar from lvl 35 to 60 using an EXP. Share but It didn't learn EQ at level 54, and it still hasn't learned EQ.
    Is there a TM for EQ available knowing that my T-Tar will be pretty damn powerfull with Adamant Nature EQ's.. and ofcourse the Sp. Def boost in the sandstorm. :P

It's not a bug.. I've probably just incorrectly remembered where I put them haha. I know of a few people who have succeeded in getting the berries in Version 2, sorry I can't remember where they are in that version, it was a really long time ago =P Is Pupitar meant to learn Earthquake? I haven't tampered with any original Pokémon's movesets with the exception of giving Arbok Poison Fang at a high level. Maybe it doesn't learn EQ in FireRed? I dunno XD

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Pupitar learns Earthquake at level 56, and Tyranitar learns it at level 61. Maybe your Pupitar evolved at level 55?

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • No, you become the Gym Leader and accept challengers, and are only allowed to use the type of that Gym and certain levels of evolution of that Gym's level. After you beat a number of Trainers who have come to challenge you, you take over the next Gym. And you just pick the berries out of the bushes?... =)

sounds new to experiment let's go with that. =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    sounds new to experiment let's go with that. =)

I'm just trying to make it realistic in a way, like all the Gym Leaders do is stand in the Gym all day battling people and not much else haha. I might try and add more to it once I get more comfortable with the mono-type challenge script I made, since I've only just got it working =P

Back