• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misadventures at Hogwarts: Term 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • Cassidy chewed thoughtfully on some broccoli. This would be her last meal at Hogwarts, possibly forever. Andrew seemed to be rather melancholy as well. He ate his dinner without a word.

After the twins had finished eating, they gave their addresses to Josh, and went upstairs to the Gryffindor common room for one, last sleep before their journey home.

OOC: I assume our characters are leaving the next day?

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Berii walked down the stairs, to the great hall. She knew she was late but packing took longer than she expected. When she got there Dumbledore had already finished his speech. She ate a couple of vegetables then ate her desert. She ate a piece of cake then, when she was finished, she took a sip from her goblet and ran back to the Gryffindor common room. She was too excited to go home, she missed her parents like crazy!

She spoke the password to the portrait then swiftly jumped on her bed, falling asleep as soon as her body touched her soft bed.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • After recieving Cassidy and Andrew's addresses, I went to the Gryffindor Common Room.
    I was a bit tired so I went to bed sadly thinking about Cassidy and Andrew...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Cassidy woke up the next morning, feeling oddly refreshed. She showered and got dressed, not bothering to dry her hair. A melancholy feeling came over her as she thought about Tim, but she pushed it all away. Today would be hard enough without thoughts of him.

Her father came to mind then. She didnt't know what to do about the situation. She loved her father very much, and she loved living in Japan, but...her place was here at Hogwarts. It just felt right that she would be here for the next six years.

Most of all, she didn't want to go back to school in Japan, because she would have to hide her feelings behind a mask she no longer wore.

There had to be a way to work things out!

Cassidy grabbed her trunk, and made for the stairs, taking one last, longing look at her room, and wondering if she would ever see it again. With a few tears making their way to her eyes, Cassidy plodded downstairs to the common room, wondering if any of the others were up yet.

Andrew got up, fairly excited to go home, but feeling at a loss because of Cassidy. They had grown so close over the year, and he couldn't bear to think of loosing that. He got ready for the day and went downstairs with his trunk, feeling melancholy, but trying his best to look cheery.

He plopped down on the couch next to Cassidy, and waited for the others to come down.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Cassidy and Andrew looked up at Karli at exactly the same time. She didn't look too pleased.

"Hey Karli," the said in unison, then gave each other a weird look.

Unable to hold the laughter in any longer, Cassidy doubled over in giggles. All the tension she had been feeling for the past few days was released as she laughed and laughed.

"Cass...it wasn't even that funny..." Andrew said, starting to chuckle.

Cassidy couldn't control herself. She rolled onto the floor, nearly in tears she was laughing so hard. Andrew blinked a few times, raising an eyebrow at her, and sending a quizzled look to Karli. He too, began to chuckle.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Berii was awoken by a rather loud scream from outside. "What's with the yelling? It's not like it's the end of the year." She mumbled as she covered her head with a pillow. It took a few seconds before she realized what she said.

"Oh no!" she cried, thinking it was very late. She hurriedly took a shower then dressed, letting her hair dry by itself. She ran down to the common room and caught a glimpse of Josh. She heard what he said too, most of it, anyway.

"What joke are they talking about?" she asked herself. She was going to walk over them when she tripped. She looked up and saw Cassidy and Andrew lughing, while Josh looked...kinda mad, and Karli was smiling. She wondered what happened and looked at all of them, feeling confused.

"Hey, guys? What did I miss?" she asked.

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Legendary_Pokegirl said:
    Karli stopped smiling once she heard Josh's comment.
    "Josh, at least wait a while until you actually hear an explaination, before snapping at them...." Karli insisted, a little irratated. "Oh, hi Berii....*** are you?" Karli added.

OOC: Hehe...looks like you typed an "e" instead of a "w" there, LP...

IC: Cassidy picked herself up off the floor, still laughing, and gasping for breath. She looked over at Josh, and couldn't contain herself, tears of laughter streaming down her face.

"Sorry...I've just been....so...tense lately," she gasped, sitting back on the couch with a lot of effort. Andrew was still giggling. "You see...my parents...they're...they're getting divorced."

Her expression immediately fell. It was the first time she had said it aloud, and the words tasted foul. She caught her breath, and looked at them sadly, her tears of laughter mixing with tears of sadness.

Covering her face her in hands, she turned away from everyone, sobbing to herself quietly, and whispered, "I'm sorry."

Andrew let out a big sigh, laying a hand on her shoulder, and holding his head with his free hand.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • "Hey, Karli." she greeted. She looked up again and saw Cassidy sat on the cough while laughing so hard.

Berii, who was still on the floor, quickly jumped up when she heard what Cassidy said. She walked over to her, rubbing her head along the way. "I'm so sorry, Cassy...Andy." she said, looking at them symphathetically. She hugged Cassidy, thinking of ways to comfort her.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "No...it's all right, really," Cassidy said, not wanting to press the subject, especially since she would probably not be back next year. She tried her best to smile, so they wouldn't have to know about it until she was gone. There was no sense in making the day more melancholy than it already was. "Thanks though."

She sniffled and dried her tears quickly, and stood up, grabbing her trunk. Andrew followed suit, unable to say much. He ran his hands through his spiked blond hair, and grabbed the handle of his trunk absently, pulling it along behind him.

"We should get downstairs for the train," Andrew finally said, heading for the porthole.

Suddenly, Cassidy dashed out of the room, leaving her trunk behind. She sprinted down to corridoor, down the stairs, towards the gargoyle that stood at the entrance of Dumbledore's office, and knocked.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Dumbledore's office door creaked open slowly. Cassidy ran in, her robes flying wildly behind her. Dumbledore looked at her in suprise as she brushed hair from her eyes, and looked at him with an acute haste.

"Headmaster..." she began, slightly out of breath. She told him what had happened, but as soon as she began, Dumbledore waved his hand to silence her.

"I know very well what has happened," Dumbledore told her.

Cassidy listened to what he had to say about it, her eyes brimming with tears. She remained in his office for quite some time, and never made it downstairs to catch the train with the others.

"Where is she?" Andrew muttered, as he shuffled out of the Gryffindor common room, leaving Cassidy's trunk. He pulled his down the flights of stairs, and down to the big front doors, where most of the students were lined up to leave.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • I saw Andrew, and pulled my trunk over to him.
    "Where is Cassidy!?" I asked. The line began to move. "She is going to miss the train!"
    Soon we were the only ones in the empty hallway.
    "Get moving!" Filch told us.
    "One second" I snapped back. "We are just making sure we didnt forget anything"
    "Well hurry up!" he replied. Filch then walked away.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "We'll send ya anything yer've forgotten!" Filtch snapped, shoving Karli and Andrew towards the doors.

Andrew looked back at the castle, an expression of distaste and curiosity on his face. He couldn't understand...maybe Cassidy got ahead of them somehow...

"I'm sure she'll make it," Andrew assured her. "She's got to go to Japan after all."

He trailed off for a moment. He was not sure if it was a good idea to tell them about Cassidy's fate, but decided it would be best for them to know.

"She's not coming back next year," he told them simply, his voice heavy with sorrow.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Yeah," Andrew replied, a hint of bitterness in his voice. It was certainly not intended to be towards Karli, more towards his predicament. "I'll be back."

His face turned hard and angry for a while, his eyes glinting with hostility as he pulled his trunk hastily behind him.

"She has to go live with my dad in Japan. He can't afford to send her here next year," he told her bluntly. "I'm living with my Mum here in Scotland. It isn't fair. If anyone deserves to not come back here, it'd be me."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back