• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misadventures at Hogwarts: Term 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • Tristian breathed hard as his name was called...everyone was now staring at him...it was an odd feeling to see a whole room's eyes move as he moved, and he looked toward the floor so he wouldn't feel so strange...

He looked at the hat, sitting in the stool that it had been placed in after the girl before him had just been sorted into Slytherin. The hat looked at him, and although he had seen many odd and amazing things in his life, this animate hat was one of the most amazing. He looked back at it, and once he sat down on the stool it was placed upon his head.

Hmm...you're definitely not Slytherin, that's for sure...Hufflepuff? I think not...so that leaves Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. You would succeed in Ravenclaw, I definitely see that--

"No, don't put me in ravenclaw! I don't know anyone from that house...if I get stranded without the few people I recognize, I won't make it here..." Tristian whispered to the hat.

I would ask you to not question my judgement, boy...I have sorted hundreds of thousands of students, and I do not think I have ever failed to sort one into the right house...I sincerely think that you would do well in Ravenclaw...I am only trying to help you...

"Please...gryffindor...it's the only way I'll succeed...if I go into ravenclaw I'll get a somewhat more fulfilling education, but gryffindor is what I want. I have the valor to be in that house, you are able to search me, and you know that...and you know that despite ravenclaw being the best educational choice, it is not the best emotional choice for me...don't strand me, please..."

Hmm...I do see valor within you, and I do understand that your feelings are as important as your education...I am reluctant to put you in a house that is not ravenclaw, but I also see that you are passionate about your desire to be in gryffindor...you have a friend there...the first you have had in a long time...she would help you if you went there, I suppose...well...I am debating the choices...you shall hear my decision...

Tristian's heart was in his throat...he thought he had not convinced this wise sorting hat of much...he knew his fate was sealed, but he would not know for a few moments what his fate was, though...all eyes were on him, he had been in the chair a very long time compared to the other children...

He felt the sorting hat shift...

"Gryffindor!"

Shocked, Tristian leaped up, causing the sorting hat to fall off his head, growling something angrily as it hit the floor...without looking back, he ran to the table, elated that the hat had relented...now he could finally join the feast...

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Berii was playing with her food, picking it up and dropping it again. She didn't feel much like eating, something unusual for her. She dropped her spoon, and turn around, the first years were getting sorted. Her attention went to the boy when she heard Professor McGonagall call his name. "Tristian MacLeod..." she repeated.

She knew she had heard that name before, she just can't figure out where or when. She found herself searching for someone, she looked at every table, including hers. She stopped when she found her, Liadan, as she recalled was her name. Berii remembered what happened at Daigon Alley when she saw Liadan, she remembered how she ignored, actually not ignore she didn't hear her afterall, she felt bad, but then she was a bit happy whe she saw that Liadan had someone to talk to, she saw the expression on her face when Karli and Josh walked away. The smile on Berii's face disappeared, she had not yet prpoerly apologized to her.

All her thoughts flew away when she heard the sorting hat yell "Gryffindor", she applauded like the others and continued watching the sorting.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Tristian laughed...it was an odd feeling for him to be applauded and cheered like that...

"T"...nobody had called him that before, and it was sort of funny...since these people were going to be with him 24/7, he thought he might as well have people call him by his first name instead of his last name...

"T, Tristian, anything's fine!" He laughed as he picked up a goblet and drank from it.

"I mostly go by MacLeod but that's mainly because that's what people addressed me as at my old academy...I want things to be different here, I don't want to seem like a stranger here, after all!"

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    "Accio Firebolt...." Zeth silently called his new Firebolt to him, and looked at all of the details on it very carefully. It was a special edition Firebolt, but even if it was the same Firebolt as his last one, he didn't really care. He had a special hex on it, just for safety, so no one else could ride it. After lifting the hex off of it, he mounted the broomstick, and took off into the skies.Ah, it felt good being in the air again....

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • As soon as Liadan got wind of the hat's declaration, she stood from her place on one of the benches and raced toward Tristian in jubilance. Strands of white blonde hair traveled in waves behind her as the girl reached her new friend.

"Tristian!" she called, a toothy smile plastered on her face.

She embraced the sitting male in a tight hug. No one knew how much this tattered hat's decision was going to affect her year. Having a friend.

For now, all former thoughts were forgotten and all that Liadan was concentrating on was her happiness.

"Welcome to Gryffindor, MacLeod," the adolescent said grinning widely.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Zeth was fully absorbed in flying, that he really did not notice where or how fast he was going. All he felt was his troubles blown into the wind, just like his hair. He had been doing so many turns and flips in the air that when he opened his eyes, he was headed towards the roof of Hogwarts. He couldn't spin out now.... In a mad attempt of despair, he spun out as quickly as he could, and crashed into the roof. He threw his Firebolt aside right before he hit the ground, and tried to land on his feet, but he was too slow. He landed in an awkward position, and he heard a faint "Crack as he landed. He knew he had broken his leg, and he just lay there, right over the feast, looking at the full moon and hearing the banquet below.

"Heh, I should have learned how to mend broken bones, but there's nothing I can do now. I really hope no one notices me gone now....."

~DragonTrainer

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    As time passed on, Zeth's shearing pain turned to a calm numbness, a numbness that sent chills throughout his entire body. He knew that he was a cmplete idiot, just a few hours into the school, and he was already injured.

"Must be a new record, I bet no one else was stupid enough to do this." He was talking to himself, and he knew that he was going to be in huge trouble, but all he was worried about was his leg, his shattered leg.

~DragonTrainer

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • "Ah, Liadan!" Tristian was still ecstatic and still couldn't keep from laughing...it was the most joyous and jubilant moment he had had in many years, maybe his whole life...from an outcast to accepted in a day, what a transformation!

Tristian was also surprised by Liadan's enthusiastic embrace...it was a sensation foreign to him, but very pleasant...he was ok now, the sorting hat had granted him his only wish, it had saved him for a year or more of absolute desolation...filled with glee and relief, he tightened his embrace on Liadan and then reluctantly let go, his head spinning with the past minute's events...

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Berii, who was sitting on the table, doing nothing had finally decided to do something, she stood up and walked over to MacLeod and Liadian, before congratulating him, she wanted them to finish hugging. When MacLeod let go of Liadan, Berii shook his hand. "Congratulations." she said, grinning broadly.

Years
  • I sat at the Gryfindor table, clapping as the new students were sorted into the four noble houses of Hogwarts. I saw a boy about my age kneeling in the corner of the hall, away from everyones sight, fiddling with something. He stepped back and I could see a string that went right around room, up a wall, tied to a bucket magically suspened in the air above Professor Snape. The bucket was hidden behind a dodgy invisibility spell that only took someone to look at the area long enough to see it, not that it mattered. I drew in the air the words 'whats in the bucket?' with my wand and then pointed my wand at the boy. The words appeared in front of his face and the boy smiled. He looked up and I made a slight waving movement with my robes to attract his attention. He saw me and dived his hand into his pockets and pulled out an empty packet of highly senstive, long lasting, double stench dungbombs. I smiled back and nodded to him. I watched him as he stealthily made his way back to his seat on the Ravenclaw table and then fired a few green sparks at the string to break it. This resulted in the floating bucket to tip over, spilling the dungbombs directly on top of Professor Snape. I withdrew my breath to see the reaction the student body would give to this outrageous practical joke.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Will and I were lounging at the lake, we didn't have any desire to go to sleep. All we wanted to was consentrate somewhere peacefully. The dragon fighting training over the summer, showed us what dedication and patients will do. We weren't in our robes which made it very plain that we were down at the lake. "So you ready for SAM this year?" Will said finally breaking the silence.

I just nodded my head and continued meditating. After awhile I got up and said, "Let's go join the party, then we can come back. Never did like missing party!" We walked into the Great Hall and found Karli. We walked over to her and said, "Hey, so did anyone make it into Ravenclaw that I might be friends with?"

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: Actually the last one went really slow, and you were posting during that event. I mean the event took 2 to 3 pages to complete. And the meets were only once every two weeks. And it was a slow and steady two weeks, so yeah.

Anyway, SAM is Spells and Monsters, it's a new sport. It's like a Colloseum, it pins wizards and witchs up against Monsters of their liking. Only two wizards or witchs can be on a team, and the meet every two weeks to see who is going to the meets. So far there is only one team, and that's Johann and Will. Teams have to be approved by both Professor Bache, and Dumbledore, since they are the coaches. And since Professor Bache is mainly my character I guess I have to approve you, and you can have Dumbledore approve you or whatever. It's a sport for only the best young wizards in Hogwarts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back