• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misreadings

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    Ever have your eyes play tricks on you when reading and you process a word as something very different that gives a completely different meaning that makes you laugh or say WTF?

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Yeah. This happens to me at least once a day, normally more.
    If I could remember some I'd have some good examples, but I have horrendous memory so no examples sorry D:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I don't really have any examples to mind, but yeah, I'm a really sloppy reader and this happens a lot of the time. And tbh I love it, since it can come out with some really funny (and more often than not, dirty; lol man's mind) results and completely lighten the mood of a conversation.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    this happend to me yesterday at my job. There is this lady at my old High School named Mrs. Terribile, and we and other people would think her name was Terrible, but its pronounced as TE-REE-BI-LE

:t354:TG

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    That happens sometimes. I'm just like what the ~. It happened yesterday in a MSN chat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In my chemistry class last year, I remember misreading something (Forgot what it was) and I went up to my teacher and said you seriously put that there? And then he said you seriously need to get new glasses. :x

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Oh yeah, it happens every once in awhile. Don't remember any specific examples though. lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Happens to me a lot, usually when I'm trying to skim through something quickly and I'm not paying careful attention... one specific example is the character "Buck" in D/P/Pt... I'll often misread his name as "Buick," which is my favorite car company.

It also happens with some usernames on PC, which was especially apparent during that final word search for the Get Together when we had to find members' usernames... lots of confusion there xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    A few days ago, I misread the room numbers in some notes I was supposed to give out and ended up going into the wrong rooms to deliver them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is like IRC every day.

Person 1: You're so cool!
    Person 2: read that as "cold"
    Person 1: how do you misread that?
    Person 3: read that as "how do you breed that"

Not a real example, obviously, but that's pretty much how it is all the time.

Years
    I follow sports a lot, and it gets confusing when I see the word "resign," because adding a hyphen to make it "re-sign" gives it an almost opposite meaning.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I do this on a daily basis, several times a day. ~_~ It's kind of annoying moreso than amusing for me now.

Back