• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash106

good trainer/naruto lover
    Years
    Actually and I have done alot of research on this missingno is a glitch pokemon a combonation of a bunch of gold and silver pokemon because originally they were supposed to have up to the 250 pokemon but couldnt fit the amount of time and bites to the game and now I know this may sound stupid and unbelieveable but it is true.

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Wikipedia say that the game moves your character info in with wild pokemon. I don't buy this.
    If you do heaps of experimenting, the Old Man is actually a Pokemon. Also if you mod Pokemon Yellow so cinnibar island doesn't contain any pokemon and that you can fly at the begginning of the game then listen up.
    In pallet town, walk to the grass so oak stops you and battles Pikachu, if you modded oak to release you straight away then fly to cinnibar island and start surfing (mod needed).
    As you will see, MissingNO. does not appear, thus prooving Wikipedia wrong (WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!).

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Wikipedia say that the game moves your character info in with wild pokemon. I don't buy this.
    If you do heaps of experimenting, the Old Man is actually a Pokemon. Also if you mod Pokemon Yellow so cinnibar island doesn't contain any pokemon and that you can fly at the begginning of the game then listen up.
    In pallet town, walk to the grass so oak stops you and battles Pikachu, if you modded oak to release you straight away then fly to cinnibar island and start surfing (mod needed).
    As you will see, MissingNO. does not appear, thus prooving Wikipedia wrong (WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!).

you clearly don't understand this at all. here's how it really works:

the strip of shoreline on cinnabar is a glitch, as is the less popular strip of shoreline on seafoam islands. they programmed it to allow pokemon to attack you, but they didn't program what pokemon could attack. this means that if you go straight from one sight to there, your area will remain, allowing the same pokemon to attack (hence the safari zone pokemon). however, the old man has to reset all of the settings in the game character to allow him to be in your position, which they fixed in yellow to make it just like a video clip. they assumed this would be okay when they programmed it, because the glitch wouldn't take hold, since you would walk into a new area and the pokemon to run into would be reset. but when you go to cinnabar, it's not reset, allowing you to run into the glitch pokemon, and pokemon higher than lv. 100. got it? good.

now, as far as changing your name goes: yes, it affects the pokemon you run into. not in most of the game, but it does affect those glitches. it will affect the levels of missingno. and mblock, but those two always show up. it also affects the levels of the pokemon above lv. 100, and effects which pokemon there are to attack you. if you put the right letters in your name, you can run into almost any pokemon. my friend happened to get his to give him lv. 146 mewtwo, 128 missingno, and 140 golbat, whereas mine gave me lv. 145 snorlax, 183 bulbasaur, and 125 hypno, with a level 140 missingno. there are usually only two levels of missingno, the one you get through the characters in your name, and 0. go to any search engine, and you can typically find out how to calculate the pokemon you'll run into.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2007
    Now, I haven't done the Missingno cheat/glitch in awhile.

What slot number in your items makes it infinate or a high number or whatever?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2009
    My mom gave me my first GB, she found it in a parking lot (LOL) and It had Pokemon Blue Version in it. I played it up to the end and began catching PokeMon.. Halfway through one of the buildings, (either Pokemon Mansion or the Power Plant, I think the first) I encountered a Muk-Like Pokemon. It was facing the opposite direction as a normal one and was called MissingNo! It knew all the attacks my Charizard knew. I tried to catch it, but I failed and it fainted from burn damage.

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
    I remember my first time hearing about MissingNo.
    I was 10, and then too stupid to try finding it.
    Then, a few months later, I nuked my GBC...
    I was dumb then...

Now, the only way I can find it is through my computer. It makes me sad to know that I had the power to find it before.

lol, anyway, for some reason, finding it has inspired me to do something big!
    I'm not sure what it is yet lol...

theclaw

Haruhi Mania
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Q: What is Missingno.?

Q: How do I find it?
    A: You don't know how to find it? Go play some more RBY. But, if you're one of the outcasts who doesn't know how to find it, here goes. Talk to the Old Man at the northern edge of Viridian, and let him catch a Weedle. Then, Fly to Cinnabar (you can also go to Fuchsia and Surf to Seafoam Islands, but that takes a lot longer) and Surf up and down the right edge. After a while, you'll run into some unnatural Pokemon at high levels, and Missingno. (or a Pokemon with a glitched name containing 'M in the middle). NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK IN YELLOW.

Oh, something else even most truly hardcore fans don't know. This also does NOT work in the Japanese version of Pokemon Green. No wild Pokemon appear on the Cinnabar edge, period. I haven't tested Red, Blue or Yellow however.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    ~*!*~how Did You Find Out About Missingno?~*!*~

I found out by going to game websites, like game FAQs, gamespot etc and while I need help for something I found a topic about Missing No. and read it and now I know.

How did you find out?

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't remember. I either had a classmate tell me or show me how to do the Missingno trick when I first got the game or else I heard about it from a classmate and looked it up online. Either is likely.

But man, I abused that glitch like crazy when I did discover it. :[

Atabas

Bringin' Sexy Back, No Receipt
    Years
    I found it on my own
    but it was at a time where I didn't need it anymore so I felt like I wasted my time
    either way
    the missingno is like a legendary cheat
    thank the lord for what it did to the 6th slot in you items screen after you killed it

omega11

Beginner Pokemon Hacker :D
    Years
    my cousin told me and it was the best glitch ever but dont use it on fossil
    because you cant get them all out again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back