• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2007
    Who gave Missigno its name.And how did they think of that.
    Except of Missigno you can find an M'.How does this happen?I mean M' is a "glitch'" version of missigno?Cause it also causes more problems than missigno.

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    Missingno doesn't have a name, try breaking it down, it becomes:

Missing No. = Missing Number

It's probably a pokemon that was scrapped near the end of production.

At least, that's what i think. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Missingno. has always facinated me. I found out a way to see Missingno. thru the Mew glitch. And I believe anyone who has tried to do the Mew glitch and messed up in the way that I did has also.

Years
    There's a complete Missingno FAQ at GameFAQs and TSRockin'not to mention the first post in this thread. Just check it out sometime.

For those who are too lazy to look...
    Missingno was created as a placeholder for the empty slots of Pokemon. (There's supposedly 250 slots to fit data for Pokemon, but only 150 Pokemon in the game.) When the developers finished the game, the data for Missingno was accidentally left in the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    My friend had his Gyarados eaten by an M', it somehow used absorb and abasorbed the whole thing. When I had a missingno, It worked wonderfully and didn't glitch my game at all, It did one hit KO's. The only problem was that it sometimes attcacked itself.

Oh, and also, does the mew glitch really work??? I saw a couple variations on youtube.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    My friend had his Gyarados eaten by an M', it somehow used absorb and abasorbed the whole thing.

That's odd. Missingno and 'M don't know Absorb in the wild. Merely Water Gun, Water Gun, and Sky Attack. ._.

When I had a missingno, It worked wonderfully and didn't glitch my game at all,

It tends not to after a few minutes of having it. As in, normally, sprites end up being reversed on the battle screen right after you catch it, but if you let a few minutes pass, it'll be okay.

Oh, and also, does the mew glitch really work??? I saw a couple variations on youtube.

Short answer: If you mean the one where you have to battle the trainer with a Slowpoke, then yes. But that's neither here nor there in a topic concerning Missingno (although you could get Missingno from it too if you know who to battle).

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Yes

Yes I found it odd too. He said it was awhile ago so maybe, oh well who knows, I'll ask him, maybe it just dissapeared in battle. He also said he was trying to catch a magmar around that time, and almost nothing worked, he used his master ball and failed, but then a pokeball caught it. Sorry for being off topic and thank you.

Years
    Missingno...

The reason I now have a Ho-Oh on my Pokemon Blue game... >_>
    Hah. I'd like to see that.

It's more likely Moltres. Ho-Oh wasn't even an afterthought when Blue/Red came out.

(well, technically in the anime the "mysterious bird" Ash sees is thought to be Ho-Oh, but the games came out well before the cartoon show was being made).

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Missingno doesn't have a name, try breaking it down, it becomes:

Missing No. = Missing Number

It's probably a pokemon that was scrapped near the end of production.

At least, that's what i think. :P

Not meaning to be offencive, but I think just about everyone knows that. :)

It's Japanese name, Ketsuban, also literally translates to Missing Number.

Ho oh on blue????? Wow, me too!

I also wish people would stop saying thins like this and expect people to believe them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Thats not what I was saying, I was saying I'd like to see that too not that I had one, and I also understand it is hard to believe but I was saying It would be cool if it was.

How does misingno work in yellow?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Thats not what I was saying, I was saying I'd like to see that too not that I had one, and I also understand it is hard to believe but I was saying It would be cool if it was.

How does misingno work in yellow?

Ah, sorry about that. No offence meant :)

You can only get Missingno. in Yellow by using Method 3 of the Mew Glitch. I can't remember the value that needs to be used, something like 190. But it is VERY dangerous in yellow. Pikachu sprites and Player sprites randomly across the screen, and possible data corruption.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Hm.. I'll take a picture if you don't believe me... I was trading from Blue to Gold and somehow ended up with Ho-Oh on my Blue Game, its a copy and the sprite is like Khangaskan or something. *Pulls out Blue.*

Hah. Six images taken by me to prove it!

Proof 1

Proof 2

Proof 3

Proof 4

Proof 5

Proof 6

Years
    It's fun to play pretend and all, but how does that prove it's a Ho-Oh? There's no actual Ho-Oh picture. Just a blank screen doesn't prove anything.

For all we know, you could have just caught some off-end form of Missingno. or M, and just renamed it Ho-Oh. Or, that could also be a Photoshopped picture. It would be hard to do, but all entirily possible.

It's honestly very hard to believe that's a real Ho-Oh. You can't trade Ho-Oh from Gold/Silver/Crystal, because the receptionist at the Time Capsule won't let you through with any new Pokemon. And I really don't see any other way you could have gotten it.

Give me an actual definable Ho-Oh picture, then I'll believe you.

Note: I'm not trying to be mean here or anything, it's just hard to believe you would have a Pokemon in a game in which that particular Pokemon doesn't even exist in. Those pictures really don't prove much.

(besides, since when is Ho-Oh normal type, or can actually learn Cut?)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Like I said, it was a Missingno that took Ho-Oh's name and took some attacks from other Pokemon... >_> I didn't exactly say it was a Ho-Oh! Plus I didn't really like naming my Pokemon... >_>

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Hm.. I'll take a picture if you don't believe me... I was trading from Blue to Gold and somehow ended up with Ho-Oh on my Blue Game, its a copy and the sprite is like Khangaskan or something. *Pulls out Blue.*

Hah. Six images taken by me to prove it!

Proof 1

Proof 2

Proof 3

Proof 4

Proof 5

Proof 6

I could rename a Missingno. "Ho-oh" too. IT's not that hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back