• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite-Four-Mark

I'm in the elite four now!
Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    Yes it is to get missingno on pkmon D.P

Except doesn't look like six squares of crap, it looks like a questionmark.

and missingno.'s number isn't just zero. technically it's every position not filled by one of the 151 pokemon. but I suppose, if you want to be picky, the REAL missingno. is 000.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    No, MissingNo. is not available on other games than R/B/Y. The glitches are ? and ?????? and other glitches, they are NOT MissingNo. and are just glitches in the PokéDex number #0. These #000 ones are usually put in as place holders to actually get rid of MissingNo. and other glitches.

If you got a cheat device try the meathod I used, the pokemon you will get attacked by are persian and missingno .Some look like questionmarks but most of the time the pic looks like dawn or lucas (Missingno)

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    You said every game, one trainer is not thee same in EVERY game.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Just because the PokéDex number is #000, it doesn't mean it is actually MissingNo.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • I've never heard of anyone trying to trade a Missingno to a Metal gen game. I doubt it would work, but I think it's worth a try.

But, if it soed work I don't think anything good will happen to your Crystal game....mostly bad things would happen.
    if u trade a Missingno to a Metal gen it will turn into a tyrogue or at least mine did XD

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Yes....turning into othe pokemon does seem to happen but my reaserch indicates most of them that transform turn into slowpoke :)

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I am afraid I must correct you there, their are totaled so far 76 different types of missingno, the one near cinnabar island is only one most can only be obtained with a game genie or gameshark. Some missingnos like the ghost of pkmon tower do not harm your game but ones like "M" can be lethal

MissingNo. is not THE glitches, it A glitch. Some people think that every single glitch is an MissingNo., it is not, MissingNo. is only one Pokémon, with a chance of 4 possible faces. If you mean 75 MissingNo.'s as in actual MIssingNo.'s, you are completely wrong, as if you mean actual glitches, as they aren't MissingNo.

True, it covers more than one hex slot, but it is still one pokémon.

Raika

Vaporeonologist
    Years
  • I like my Missingno. =) I tried catching 'M once, bad idea, so I reset the GBC and all was fine. But Missingno. is harmless in my game (except for the Hall of Fame being scrambled and glitched). I'm taking it to the Elite Four next (^_~)

I think my top-3 favourite Pokémon should change to Vaporeon, Mew, Missingno. but.. ..is Missingno. an actual Pokémon? Yes, to me it is ^_^

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    yeah and when they made the game they had 256 open slots to allow Pokemon to be in for the games MissingNo was programed with other glitch pokemon to allow for the ability for the game not to crash. Even in Gold Silver and Crystal they have 5 Glitch Pokemon to be place holders.

Really? well....thats new for me, I had always wondered why so many entries on the pokedex were glitches or missingno.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I always catch them but they disappear when I put it in the PC.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    This is a pretty interesting analysis of Missingno. I always knew what it was, but I didnt know there was a way to determine what would show up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back