• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterZman

The Shadow...
Years
  • Cool A MissingNo Topic!

My Favorite pokemon is missingNo.
    In My Pokemon Red Game I Have 20.
    and 10 Other Glitches.
    They are cool and i've been reserching on them so here are my discoverys.
    1: Do the mew Trick and Battle the first trainer on the Nugget Bridge then go to lavernder town and you run into THE ULTRA MISSINGNO HE Has the coolest sound ever.
    2: This one was done on Yellow: Go to the cinnabar Glitch City and you run into ONE BIG MissingNo with Its Nidoran M cry and it didn't lock my game up i captured it and my game was fine.
    3: This one was done in Red: I just came back from Cinnabar island talked to the old man then talked to him again and he caght A MISSINGNO!!
    4: This one was fake: I did that surf past the S.S.Ann trick i saw in a vedeo and i was sposed to come up against a Catchable Ultra MissingNo no all i found was a glitched truck and a Starmie Proven that is fake.
    Well there are my discoveries i'm still finding out more at the moment.
    Oh wait i need some help how do you get Mew?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    Shapeshifter

Lol. Got One Missingo (level 46).Let it be the only Pokemon in my party.It kept shapeshifting :SLevel 50 Raichu TwiceLevel 48 Beedrill ThriceLevel 76 Blastoise OnceAll the "forms" where the top evolution and had quite a high level.also you can get missingo in silver, but not sure about gold and crystal

They were the days, and still play it! I encountered a lvl 255 Mewtwo once, no lie! Though it had the crappest moves in the world, lol:D

wow, no offense to the mods but im shoceked they haven't sped the filtering up.

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I'm sure this was posted somewhere else on the thread, but I don't care to search for it.
    MissingNo., does in fact appear in Yellow version through the Mew Glitch.
    First, you need to have your leader be a pokemon with a special stat of 31, 32, 61, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, or 8.
    Then, you carry on with the glitch as you would with Mew (walking up to the gambler and flying to Fushia City so when he spots you with his !, you'll be flying away) , and then go to route 15. Battle with any trainer, but do not attempt to walk towards them, otherwise the game will crash!
    After defeating him/her/it, fight a wild Ditto, and have it transform into your lead pokemon. Faint it, then go back to the route where the gambler was, but avoid going into a battle at all costs! (You probally should use a repel or two.) Now, press the B button, and there you go, here's MissingNo.
    (He's angry that the game developers tried to get rid of him, and there's a 29% chance that he'll crash your game.)

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
    Years
  • I'm sure this was posted somewhere else on the thread, but I don't care to search for it.
    First, you need to have your leader be a pokemon with a special stat of 31, 32, 61, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, or 8.
    Then, you carry on with the glitch as you would with Mew (walking up to the gambler and flying to Fushia City so when he spots you with his !, you'll be flying away) , and then go to route 15. Battle with any trainer, but do not attempt to walk towards them, otherwise the game will crash!
    After defeating him/her/it, fight a wild Ditto, and have it transform into your lead pokemon. Faint it, then go back to the route where the gambler was, but avoid going into a battle at all costs! (You probally should use a repel or two.) Now, press the B button, and there you go, here's MissingNo.
    (He's angry that the game developers tried to get rid of him, and there's a 29% chance that he'll crash your game.)

Wow. It seems nothing can stop the glitchy menace that is MissingNo.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years

what if a pokemon other than ditto appears?

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
  • Well, you can also use the Mew glitch in order to find missingno. in Yellow! go to Lavendar Town and go to the narrow path at the east. Then go to the underground path and stop right at the front of the door and save your game(if ever you fail in the next part). You'll notice that there is an old guy in front of you. Now the tricky part, you have to face south, step down once and press START button right away,. If you get the right timing, you'll see the menu and the old guy at the bottom of your screen. If you fail to get the right timing, you'll have to battle him, and the aim of this is NOT TO BATTLE HIM. so you have to reset your game and do it again. Once you get it, fly back to lavendar and enter the Pokemon Tower. Make sure that you don't battle any wild pokemon on the way. Once you're in the third floor, battle the channler(the old woman at the bottom of the floor). She'll release a Gastly(I forgot the level of it but just battle it) and beat it. After the battle, you can once again use your menu screen. Go to your items and use escape rope(make sure that the last PC you went is in Lavendar) and you'll reach back outside. Now go to the narrow path at the east, and you'll notice that your menu will pop up with no reason. Just press B to cancel it and you'll battle Missingno. There is a possibility that your game will crash when you battle Missingno. So if it ever happens, just reset your game and do it again. Once you succeed and defeat Missingno, go to your items and see your 6th item.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    yeah and when they made the game they had 256 open slots to allow Pokemon to be in for the games MissingNo was programed with other glitch pokemon to allow for the ability for the game not to crash. Even in Gold Silver and Crystal they have 5 Glitch Pokemon to be place holders.
    Actually the glitch Pokémon weren't put in their by Nintendo willingly.

The fact is, glitches are the game trying to find data for that slot, so it pulls data from other places. MissingNo. name is really just the Missing Number error messege. I believe tehy ust left it empty because they thought no one would ever use thsoe slots for wild Pokémon.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
  • heres something you should try only in blue version, its kind like a missingno thing when you do this you have pokemon in your party. so heres what you do, you talk to the man in viridian city and say yes when he does the stuipd "do you know how to catch pokemon" thing. then after that you go to fushia city then head to the cave where you catch articuno. when you get near the island you dont go on it you just go up and down on the edge of the water. you'll know when you find it when the encouter takes about 5 seconds to load he'll be on level zero and whatever you do do not catch him in red or yellow or copy him with a ditto. trust me i have done this. there is another cheat sorta like this one except you encounter a lv. 169 rapidash. if it doesn't work then try again. this is not a lie!

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • Sorry to say.

Sorry to say he was onliy in RBG and i think a bit of him was in GS
    i wish they brang him back not a glitch but as a Wild pokemon or Rare pokemon
    Who nows he might be in the 5th Generation?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • uhh... the extra slots do have glitches in them but some of them are trainers because gamefreak didn't want to create another 255 slots just for trainers back then. Then g/s came out and had 251 pokemon one egg, one almost completly unusable glitch (00), and 3 semi-usable glitches (although I heard one of them glitches up if you even see it so hackers only have 2 slots for fakemon...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2008
    I don't know if this has been posted but you can have a Kangiskhan (sp?)
    that knows fly. All you have to do is catch a lvl. 0 missingno. or M and then
    run away because it keeps you in battle when you catch it. Then teach it fly
    and then give it a rare candy and it will evolve into a Kangiskhan that now
    knows fly :D

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Have you heard about the Team Rocket glitch or the Super Nerd glitch? It's actually quite funny. Once I decided to play around on Pokemon Blue with my PC gameboy emulator and I typed in the gameshark codes: 0C1ED8CF. I walked into long grass and lo and behold! a Rocket appeared. He had 6 L32 Glitchy Pokemon with all those weird moves. They all looked the same. I was o.O
    Then I tried again later. I stepped into long grass and it happed AGAIN! I was like WTF? XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back