• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I caught a Missingno. and it evolved into Kangaskhan.
    Even though it knew Sky Attack..
    I was very happy.
    Because catching Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone takes much too long.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    M' has never crashed or deleted my game

i caught every glitch pokemon in the hex list, and my game is fine, apart from this really bad H.O.F. Apparently i did it once with a team of level 0's......

And missingno., well, lets say in R/B he was our best friend for unlimited master balls and rare candies

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    If you look at missingo moves it sugests that it is realy lugia, thats my theory any way
    o.o there are plenty of flying-water pokemon, so don't just jump to conclusions. Besides, it might've just been a random set of moves that the pokemon company gave missingno.

M' has never crashed or deleted my game
    Really? And have you used M' in battle and put it in your box and stuff? Because a lot of people on the internet talk about how 'M crashes there game and such.

~Night

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    yeah, i use every glitch pokemon i can get in my party just to see the adverse effects.

Once, i was around darkshade's house, and i had a team which was made up of glitches, including M' and Missingno and A.

I use pokemon blue by the way.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Was missingno. a tool that was deleted from the game? In truth, there are several problematic effects of missingno. that happen in the game that probably wouldn't occur if the game designer were attempting to create complete, regular data. When missingno. comes into battle, he renders an unused portion of the rom (for graphics interpretation) under the offset for his sprite. If you have ever looked at roms in visual interpretation programs like tlp you would see missingno.-esque shapes all over the place. Mostly likely the game overwrote part of the data and in the game now calls up a full sprite field (there can be balck space in the rom) as the picture.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    yeah, i use every glitch pokemon i can get in my party just to see the adverse effects.

Once, i was around darkshade's house, and i had a team which was made up of glitches, including M' and Missingno and A.

I use pokemon blue by the way.
    Can you look at their stats???

Was missingno. a tool that was deleted from the game? In truth, there are several problematic effects of missingno. that happen in the game that probably wouldn't occur if the game designer were attempting to create complete, regular data. When missingno. comes into battle, he renders an unused portion of the rom (for graphics interpretation) under the offset for his sprite. If you have ever looked at roms in visual interpretation programs like tlp you would see missingno.-esque shapes all over the place. Mostly likely the game overwrote part of the data and in the game now calls up a full sprite field (there can be balck space in the rom) as the picture.
    o.o English please?
    But a few pages ago someone said that MissingNo. is a test pokemon or something like that.

~Night

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

You really think that? I don't really think so, and I say this about Missingno.:
    Missingno. was originally a test for battle scripts, and later he is one of the 105 pokemon not used in the game that turned to be a glitch. He is a test for battle scripts that was purposelly made by (Nintendo) and was named that, but they forgot to put in the areas, and then made the character's name equal the pokemon and level given to transform into pokemon in areas where wild pokemon will appear. However, someone forgot about making the right side of water have pokemon, so Missingno. and the other 104 glitches appeared. Also, in the first post, it says that:

There are two things that, when combined, made it possible for this trick to exist. Here they are:

1. When creating the map for what Pokemon appear where, they made a crucial flaw. The 1-square-wide strip of water on the right side of Cinnabar and Seafoam Islands was programmed to be a place where wild Pokemon CAN appear. But (and thank GAMEFREAK for this one) they forgot to define what Pokemon can appear there. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that means the previous settings for "what Pokemon can appear" will remain, and if you read #2, you'll see why that causes the glitch.

2. When the Old Man catches the Weedle, they change the variables that are assigned to "Your Name" to Old Man, so it shows up as "Old Man threw the Poke Ball." Now, in order to do that, it overwrites the variables you gave to "Your Name". Therefore, the game must store the variables that make up your name to another place, so it can recall them later. So the programmers at NOA probably thought,
    "What are some variables that we can overwrite to assign to the character's name for this process?"
    "I got it! How about the slots that define what Pokemon you can run into?"
    "That's it! Whenever the character enters a new area, they'll be rewritten, so it won't disturb the game at all!"
    *points to #1* Umm.....no. As a result, that wonderful glitch can be yours for only *insert whatever price your local retailer charges for R/B*! Of course, it's not JUST Missingno. you can run into. There will also be some L100+ Pokemon, whose species and levels are determined by your name.

Missingno. is not a glitch, he was made purposely. M is a glitch that was a pararrel version of Missingno., blah blah blah. Read the quote and you get the true answer and that's what I follow by.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    We're talking about the Missingno. called MISSINGNO. not 'M
    'M crashes your game, but MISSINGNO. is harmless(except for the little hall of fame changes, but who cares about that anyways?)

~Night

Hello,! That is what i'm talking about....
    "M" is one of the MISSINGNOs(How I found it out), but it usually comes out in the Blue Version and the one named MISSINGNO. comes out in the Red Version.....

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hello,! That is what i'm talking about....
    "M" is one of the MISSINGNOs(How I found it out), but it usually comes out in the Blue Version and the one named MISSINGNO. comes out in the Red Version.....

oR YOU CAN USE GAME GENIE AND IT COMES OUT ON BOTH :)
    opps! caps lock sorry about that.

I was wondering what uyou all think about copycat missingnos? I like using them in battle but I am unsure what variable makes them a certain type. I know it becomes the types of the last pokemon you saw but why does this happen

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    oR YOU CAN USE GAME GENIE AND IT COMES OUT ON BOTH......

Ya, I guess so..... :)

I was wondering what uyou all think about copycat missingnos? I like using them in battle but I am unsure what variable makes them a certain type. I know it becomes the types of the last pokemon you saw but why does this happen

Try to read this topic's first post, you'll find that out.... :)

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    how do u get all the missingno? ive only got the one that looks like a box and has zapdos cry. i taught it fly and evolved it to get a flying khangaskaughn!

*srry 4 the spelling

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    I really like MissingNo.

oh, and i have the flying Kangaskhan too! I do the MissingNo thing since i was 5, i just love that cute lil' buddy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back