• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    dragpyre you took the words right out of my mouth!
    ill upload pics of the different missingno.'s u mentioned

dragpyre and i are v.good friends and we have studied missingno. for a very long time!!!
    so we pretty much know everything when it comes down to it
    although shiemi-manafi seems KWuite knowledgable

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    dragpyre you took the words right out of my mouth!
    ill upload pics of the different missingno.'s u mentioned

dragpyre and i are v.good friends and we have studied missingno. for a very long time!!!
    so we pretty much know everything when it comes down to it
    although shiemi-manafi seems KWuite knowledgable

studied?????
    well yeah, we did have copies of r/b/y in our arsenal
    and d-shade, q key still stuffed?

but you have to admit, some credit has to go to our fave glitch website for all this stuff

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    it has two cries. sometimes when seen it has a zapdos cry, and othertimes a nidoran cry. also when caught it has a nidoran cry when looking at the summary.
    When does it ever have a Zapdos cry? Its cry is specifically defined by the game to be a shortened version of Nidoran's.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    ok guys i come with great news!!!!
    u have been using my gba action replay to search for missingno.'s in R/S/E (using a cheat i like to call the shuffle cheat, it basically shuffles were wild pokemon are...)
    these are the different ones i found:

sprite:
    Missingno

Name:?
    pokedex no.:390
    moves: tackle
    type: normal
    special ability: none
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine
    harmfull: NO

sprite:
    Missingno

name: (doesnt have one)
    pokedex no. 276
    moves: (none)
    type: (changes everytime its looked at)
    special ability: huge power
    item: ??????????
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine except for if you look at its moves (because it has none)
    harmfull: NO

sprite:https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Firechu/Missingnoquestion.jpg

name: DLE
    pokedex no.118
    special ability: drizzle
    able to look at summary: no it freezes
    harmfull: YES

sprite:
    Missingno

name: UST
    pokedex number: unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name: ET PUNCH
    pokedex no. unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name:BIND
    pokedex no.275
    special ability: drizzle
    able to look at summary: for a mili-second then it freezes and restarts the game..
    harmfull:YES

sprite
    Missingno

name: (none)
    pokedex no.: (unknown)

i will update this list with the more i find ;)
    In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald{not sure about FireRed/LeafGreen}, if you skip getting a pokemon and encounter a wild pokemon, then you have a level zero ??????????? with the backsprite of this
    Missingno

Now what you have posted is a part of an ongoing argument that is said a lot. I know some will disagree, and others will agree with what you said, however many claim that Missingno. was only in the original games, and that these are not missingnos., but just a question mark to show nothing is owned by trainer, so they are blanks, not missingno.. Many will argue, but my opinion is that they are all related, but not the true missingno.
    *nods* MissingNo. stands for Missing Number; they named it that because it's #000 in the Pokedex. That's why the GBA version ? and ????????? are not true MissingNo.s

It also has been known to transform into a rhydon when put in the p.c.
    Sometimes it just transforms as soon as you catch it.
    Missingno comes in a variety of forms, such as ghost missingno. and glitch block missingno.. it has two cries. sometimes when seen it has a zapdos cry, and othertimes a nidoran cry. also when caught it has a nidoran cry when looking at the summary.
    Some people say that MissingNo.s cry is a mix of all the pokemon crys and some people say it's a random pokemon cry.
    M., which is refered to as Missingno.'s cousin, is pratically the same, and comes in two forms that i know of, which are glitch block M. and Charizard M.
    For some people its sprite is a ghost, kabutops skeleton, or aradactyle skeleton.

~Night

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Some people say that MissingNo.s cry is a mix of all the pokemon crys and some people say it's a random pokemon cry.
    Those people are incorrect. Missingno. has exactly one cry only a few cries, usually one defined by the game as a shorter version of Nidoran's, because this is the closest thing the game has to a "blank" cry.
    For some people its sprite is a ghost, kabutops skeleton, or aradactyle skeleton.
    The reason? RBY technically has 190 Pokémon programmed in. 151 are taken, of course, so what about the other 39? All Missingno., which is nothing more than a placeholder. Specifically, three of these placeholders are used in the final game to store the sprites for Ghost and the two fossils.

Last edited:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    The reason? RBY technically has 190 Pokémon programmed in. 151 are taken, of course, so what about the other 39? All Missingno., which is nothing more than a placeholder. Specifically, three of these placeholders are used in the final game to store the sprites for Ghost and the two fossils.
    It says that on the first post o.o

~Night

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It says that on the first post o.o

~Night
    Bearing in mind that this thread is 14 pages long on my settings, and that I got here by clicking "last post"… <_<

---

Just checked; it's not so specific.

dragpyre

Years
    Sorry, i made a grevios error. where i put that it had a zapdos cry, i was incorrect. M. has a Zapdos cry whilst Missingno. has a Nidoran cry. So sorry for my mistake.

Thank you for pointing that out to me, IIMarckus

No, they are not all missingno.'s, because you have M., 4., A, and a whole bunch of other glitch pokemon, which i have caught, (and its fun to watch what happens to your game.) Check out www.trsrockin.com for a huge glitch catalouge.

Last edited:

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    hey!
    it doesnt have random cry's!
    and 'M does have a zapdos cry!
    well later on dragpyre and i will create a thread called: the Missingno. archive
    then well explain everything ;)

Last edited:

dragpyre

Years
    No, darkshade, M has a zapdos cry and Missingno. has a shortened nidoran one. i'm gonna come over with blue now just to prove your *** wrong.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    hey!
    it doesnt have random cry's!
    and it does have a zapdos cry!
    well later on dragpyre and i will create a thread called: the Missingno. archive
    then well explain everything ;)

This is causing a massive argument, so I might as well throw my opinion in again. They do have different cries D-Shade... And my opinion is that there is only 1 Missingno., and that is the original in R & B... The others are glitches in my opinion, and the one in RSE is just a Question Mark, and is a thing with 0 health, and 0 everything, making it a Nothing, but thats my opinion.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    No, they are not all missingno.'s, because you have M., 4., A, and a whole bunch of other glitch pokemon, which i have caught, (and its fun to watch what happens to your game.) Check out www.trsrockin.com for a huge glitch catalouge.
    There are 39 versions of Missingno. This means that 190 Pokémon have been physically defined by the game's code. Things like M, etc are not physically defined, which is why they have such glitchy effects.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    sorry for mistaking u dragpyre....
    anyway turt im starting to think your theory is right....

Not theory, but opinion. If it was theory, I'd be saying "at least think about it", or "If you think about it". I'm saying my opinion. Believe what you want to believe, thats all I'll say.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I am trying to get Missingno. of all types in Yellow! I will not fight any enemy (except 1 on the SS Anne and the rival) that isn't impossible to avoid. So, I'll make a chart. I heard that no 2 Missingno. are the same. They're wrong, I saw 2 and I have them. Rhydon with a glitched up Nidoran M and F cry mixed.

dragpyre

Years
    There are 39 versions of Missingno. This means that 190 Pokémon have been physically defined by the game's code. Things like M, etc are not physically defined, which is why they have such glitchy effects.

How is 'M not defined physically. It has a sprite, It has a cry, it has attacks and is catchable, so obviously it exists, same as all the other glitches!

Technically, no pokemon are physically defined, since they are computer-generated images on a screen, so please choose your vocabulary better.

Also, just do a favour for everyone, and research glitches for as long as Darkshade and i have. Then maybe you will actually get your facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(exclamation marks done to the tune of Celadon City in R/B/Y)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    How is 'M not defined physically. It has a sprite, It has a cry, it has attacks and is catchable, so obviously it exists, same as all the other glitches!

Technically, no pokemon are physically defined, since they are computer-generated images on a screen, so please choose your vocabulary better.

Also, just do a favour for everyone, and research glitches for as long as Darkshade and i have. Then maybe you will actually get your facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(exclamation marks done to the tune of Celadon City in R/B/Y)

I have researched Missingno. for 2 1/2 years and I have made a book about it, you think I'm not supposed to be one of the people? Plus, most of us are saying our opinions and are combining them into our proof, which will never be finished (done to my Ghostly Cerulean Remix)

dragpyre

Years
    i'm not saying you don't know, i'm saying IIMarckus is wrong, and does not know what he is talking about.

Besides, DARKSHADE and I have been researching and using the information of the lovely TR Rose at trsrockin.com and also compiled it with our own information for longer than you have.

I do know my stuff, and do not think of me as a stupid child who does not know a damn thing, because i damn well do!!!!!!!!!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i'm not saying you don't know, i'm saying IIMarckus is wrong, and does not know what he is talking about.

Besides, DARKSHADE and I have been researching and using the information of the lovely TR Rose at trsrockin.com and also compiled it with our own information for longer than you have.

I do know my stuff, and do not think of me as a stupid child who does not know a damn thing, because i damn well do!!!!!!!!!

Calm down... you're not Kaoru in my hack...
    Anyway, trsrockin is the best site for Missingno. data and I don't think of you as a stupid child, if something, then IIMarckus is one. :P I have nothing against him nor you, I just don't want something to happen, if something, for only 3 days and 10 posts maximum.

Anyway, there isn't anything wrong with our opinions, they mean a tiny part, except IIMarckus' opinions, which are wrong 100%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back