• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

23Q

Years
    Well, when i caught Missingo. i gave it one rare candy and he evolved into a kangaskhan level 100?
    and when i caught him, my sprites went all fuzzy. xD :)

KingAlex

._.
    Years
    Oh shoot!

I found the DP version of the MissingNo.! AR reqired.

Its weird... Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur, and some Box thing.... o.O

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Apparently if you catch Missingno, your game is screwed very badly / erased completely. I just see it and run / kill it to be safe after hearing that lol

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
    Crap I always read Missigno.... and do you know that if you catch those ones with a distorted name you can dry up your internal battery? It happened to me and now i cant play blue. darn

Last edited:

branchi

master charizard
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    missingo is the cooliest.

missingo is the cooliest. but i have only seen it on the internet.

i have red,blue,and yellow

Last edited:

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
    I somehow hacked my way to getting missingno on leafgreen. It has 591 hp, 502 attack and sp attack. But it has 79 special defense though. 449 speed, and its defense is about average. Can't pal park it though...:(

Mmm.. I don't believe this...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It doesn't dry up the battery, but it can damage the save file and the game code permanently, making it unplayable.
    That's a common misconception. MissingNo. doesn't do anything but screw with the graphics a bit, and even that goes back to normal after awhile.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    That's a common misconception. MissingNo. doesn't do anything but screw with the graphics a bit, and even that goes back to normal after awhile.
    Yes, but the other 100 glitch pokemon, some can really screw it up...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Yes, but the other 100 glitch pokemon, some can really screw it up...
    I kind of want to say that that is also a misconception, but the other glitch Pokemon haven't been documented as well as MissingNo. so the extent of their damage is mostly hearsay and rumour.

I know that some can freeze the game, but actually deleting your file is a matter of debate.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I pondered about Missingno.
    Is it even tradible in Diamond,Pearl,and Platinum.
    If so Ill trade someone.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I used the name 'H' when I started the game, so I've only ever seen MissingNo. once through a glitch I did (trading with NPCs and then going to the place you find him usually). However me and 'M go back a long way.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    I have a question abou this Missigno..Im not an idiot, I know what it is. But how does it mess up other games? I had several in my Blue version, it got screwed. then I tryed to play my silver version, and when I finished, i saved and turned off. and for 9 months, my silver version would not save, just reset. It works fine now, but I believe there is more to missingno that just a glitch. I had a friend who went through the same thing, and his bayleef had a "." at the end of its name when he started the game back up on his Gold version. Is it more of a virus? and is it somehow possible to use that time travel thing and bring it to silver,than crystal?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    No, MISSINGNO was not the problem with your Silver version game. Silver and Gold are notorious for having cheap, crappy saving batteries. They dry up after a while. It happens to everybody on those games.

As for transferring it to Silver and Gold? Not likely. Silver and Gold versions have a check to make sure that the Pokemon being traded are valid. It checks to make sure the Index number is a real Pokemon (Missingno, being 0, would immediately be denied), makes sure that the level is valid (So it is not level 0, or past level 100), and makes sure that the moves are real moves. If it finds that it is not a valid Pokemon, it will be denied as "abnormal" and the game will refuse to have it traded. If you are able to trade it between Red, Blue, and Yellow, it's because these bound-checking procedures didn't exist in the first generation.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Silver and Gold are notorious for having cheap, crappy saving batteries. They dry up after a while. It happens to everybody on those games.
    The batteries in Gold and Silver are normal CR2025 batteries. The real problem is that the real‐time clock drains the battery much more quickly than normal.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Actually, some earlier versions of the game allow for Missingno. to be traded cross-generation. It usually appears as Stantler or Girafarig, and will return to Missingno. if traded back.
    Wasn't this only true for glitch Pokemon that had a valid index number in GSC? I thought MISSINGO (as opposed to LM4 and the likes) had the index number 000, which was invalid GSC as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back