• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i caught sooooo many missingno ahaha then my gameboy and pokemon blue got broken :p

Congratulations.

what does kabutops, ghost and aerodactyl look like while you use them in battle

Random mess of glitches.

There is a cheat to multiply your masterball to infinite supply.

Yes, but we don't Gameshark.

what should i name my character if i want to encounter missingnos & skeletons and ghost?

xzyzzzz will get you all three Missingno. fossils at level 185. The 'M will need to replace the 1st, 3rd, or 5th letter.

Yeah, How DOES the bird relate to MissingNo.?

Nearly nothing at all. This is just a visual representation.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Yeah, How DOES the bird relate to MissingNo.?

Just speculation, but I read Missingno was treated as a "test" Pokémon by the programmers, one they could try out moves, types, effectiveness etc on.

IIRC, Missingno has Sky Attack which is a Flying type move, and Bird was apparently the beta Flying type, so yeah it would make sense for it to be that type if they were testing stuff out on it.

Not concrete but it does seem to make sense.

It is likely that the Bird-type was replaced by the Flying-type, but was left in the Generation I games and thus accessed by Glitch Pokémon
    ^ From Bulbapedia.

Last edited:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    does anyone know what made the glitched hall of fame pokemon of those weird f'd up cries? like i remember one sounded like mess then some high pitch super sonic sound. what caused this?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I think Pokemon cries can be changed in pitch and speed by messing with the right bytes. I'm guessing the capturing of Missingno messes with said bytes.

A good example of Missingno's data being where it shouldn't be is getting 128 items by seeing it. In normal Pokedex entries seeing a Pokemon sets the appropriate byte to 128, so the Pokedex will know from then on that you've seen that Pokemon. Missingno's Pokedex byte just happens to be in the same place as the quantity of the sixth item.

So, it's possible that catching a Pokemon changes other areas in the RAM, and Missingno has these in silly places as well. It doesn't explain why it's different for each person, however, unless it has something to do with IVs, which makes even LESS sense. In conclusion, no idea.

General K

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    All the things about losing game data is false. I had one and I put it in my box and traded it and nothing happened.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    All the things about losing game data is false. I had one and I put it in my box and traded it and nothing happened.

yea i caught a lot of them nothing happened except for the hall of fame. i think when people say they lose their game data, they mean they restarted because of their stuff getting messed up like the hall of fame.

Years
    Hahah it's funny reading this topic, because I used to be apart of a Pokemon Glitch forum, and some of you guys really have NO idea what you're talking about.... XD

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    It depends which version you have.

RGB (J) or RB (E/U) don't have much effect unless you have every Pokemon as Missingno. basically or you saw a bad Missingno.

Y (A) has some more problems as it becomes a lv. 1 Rhydon forever, but it's nothing serious, bad Missingno. probably

GSC (A) are very unstable with Missingno. and can crash from it.

Anything past that is a ticket to suicide, but I've confirmed it with RS so far and Emerald is increibly unstable to even the smallest change.

are you talking about those ? disk things? i have so many on my fire red, caught them with a gameshark, they dont do much harm, except for a few that crash when profile is viewed

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    are you talking about those ? disk things? i have so many on my fire red, caught them with a gameshark, they dont do much harm, except for a few that crash when profile is viewed

I was pissed that day. Yes, I mean ??????????- the disc thing. Got too lazy to finish experiments with formes of MissingNo. and, yeah.

I actually know stuff about MissingNo., I laugh at times when I read this thread.

Cinaed666

Geek.
    Years
    It has never screwed up my game.. I used missigno in regular gameplay! xD
    Although it's level would go down after each fight for some reason..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It has never screwed up my game.. I used missigno in regular gameplay! xD
    Although it's level would go down after each fight for some reason..

I think you have Pokemon Yellow. Whenever I enter a battle with "RHYDON", the game resets him to level 1. Even after Rare Candies. Wasted 10 for experiments, then threw it in a box.

i have caught missigno and have survived :P MISSIGNOW

So have the other 99% of people.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I caught a missingno on my Ruby version, and when put into the box, it copied the sprite of the Pokemon directly next to it :/

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I caught a missingno on my Ruby version, and when put into the box, it copied the sprite of the Pokemon directly next to it :/

Yeah, ?????????? do that. But this is the RBYGSC section.

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    I loved the Missingno glitch XD I couldn't have found it though without my brother's help...he didn't tell me a while about it so I always wondered how he got so many master balls and rare candies XD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    In my opinion, the Mew glitch is better. Not just 4TRAINERPoke, but I saw Mewtwo once! (Forgot to switch Pokemon to get MEW)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back