• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
Years
  • I remember these good ol' days! Too bad it could mess up your game...when I was really young that didn't matter to me though haha

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    only if u kept it in ur box
    catch one on the lowest lvl
    lvl it up once and it evolves into kangaskan
    MUCH easier than catching one in the safari zone ^_-

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I talked to prof oak. once...He made a bunch of pokemon cry noises, then the victory song played. Then he turned into missingno and fought me. I was like, "What the heck?".

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I talked to prof oak. once...He made a bunch of pokemon cry noises, then the victory song played. Then he turned into missingno and fought me. I was like, "What the heck?".

Pics or it didn't happen.

LOLZ, I'm kidding- that's another glitch in our books. Where's our encyclopedia on Professor Oak-related glitches?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • catch one on the lowest lvl

Actually, you can get Safari Zone Pokemon from going to the Safari Zone and then flying to Cinabar and continuing the MissingNo. glitch from there. :P

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    only if u kept it in ur box
    catch one on the lowest lvl

No, that's 'M. An entirely different pokemon, Missingno. however, levels up into a level 1 Rhydon and sticks that way in Yellow, just becomes a Rhydon in RB.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Lately, I've been seeing a lot of references to this bird-thingy for a suggested canon-form (obviously, Nintendo has no intentions of canonizing it) of MissingNo.. Here's a card with the bird on it:

Spoiler:

I've seen this bird multiple times, so it's not like just one guy posted it and everybody forgot it. Anyone know what the origin of this bird is and why a bunch of people are trying to link it to MissingNo.?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    ((This is my first post))
    Sorry if I missed someone else saying this, but I have always noticed something creepy about Missingno (although it's my favorite pokemon that never was!)
    Look at Missingno's glitch sprite. Notice how to the left of the missingno's sprite (in the bottom part) it looks like there is an eye with a pupil, and a half-moon mouth below it.
    Kinda creepy, huh?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Lately, I've been seeing a lot of references to this bird-thingy for a suggested canon-form (obviously, Nintendo has no intentions of canonizing it) of MissingNo.. Here's a card with the bird on it:

Spoiler:

I've seen this bird multiple times, so it's not like just one guy posted it and everybody forgot it. Anyone know what the origin of this bird is and why a bunch of people are trying to link it to MissingNo.?

I have never seen that bird and I've studied Missingno. for 2-3 years now! It's obviously canon. Don't really trust it, it can be just one guy making it and everyone stealing that bird. Or the other way around.

((This is my first post))
    Sorry if I missed someone else saying this, but I have always noticed something creepy about Missingno (although it's my favorite pokemon that never was!)
    Look at Missingno's glitch sprite. Notice how to the left of the missingno's sprite (in the bottom part) it looks like there is an eye with a pupil, and a half-moon mouth below it.
    Kinda creepy, huh?

I see random pixels. (Still trying to figure out what do they mean, sound file?)

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Missingno kind of screws my game over. Everytime I come in contact my game crashes. T.T

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It depends which version you have.

RGB (J) or RB (E/U) don't have much effect unless you have every Pokemon as Missingno. basically or you saw a bad Missingno.

Y (A) has some more problems as it becomes a lv. 1 Rhydon forever, but it's nothing serious, bad Missingno. probably

GSC (A) are very unstable with Missingno. and can crash from it.

Anything past that is a ticket to suicide, but I've confirmed it with RS so far and Emerald is increibly unstable to even the smallest change.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Lately, I've been seeing a lot of references to this bird-thingy for a suggested canon-form (obviously, Nintendo has no intentions of canonizing it) of MissingNo.. Here's a card with the bird on it:

Spoiler:

The bird is Warupua's visualization of MissingNo., of which she has been drawing for several years now.https://warupua.deviantart.com/

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    what does kabutops, ghost and aerodactyl look like while you use them in battle

Clone25

I wish I didnt have to grow up
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    There is a cheat to multiply your masterball to infinite supply.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    what should i name my character if i want to encounter missingnos & skeletons and ghost?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back