• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mocked for your love of Pokémon?

Well? Have you?

• Yeah ¬_¬

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I don't like pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Pokemon?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Through most of my career, heavily. It never caught on in my town, as the last thing people wanted was a monster RPG. It bloomed late among younger people, however. For that I was ridiculed heavily until grade 10. By then most of my classmates accepted the fact that I was a Pokémon enthusiast, and consequently many rarely want me around.

Years
    Sometimes, some of them laugh at me. Actually, they used to do it like always. But when they learnt my "puzzled" (xD) personality they don't seem just to try to say a bad word about Pokemon. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    All of my friends know that I'm a Pokemaniac and they don't care.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    My friend all know and either like it too or don't care.
    My family really could care less. They don't really know what pokemon is, and they really don't care to find out.
    I don't talk about pokemon at school very often so the people there don't know really. But it's not that big of a deal anymore since I'm in college and people are pretty much over the whole teasing thing.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
    My husband makes fun of me. He says I am wasting my time on a kiddy game. I told him he should battle me once and we will see whether or not it's a kiddy game. He just looked mean at me. And he still makes fun of me. (but he loves pac man) Oh well. I really like Pokemon, it's definitely not some easy kiddy game.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Schizophrenic Charmander said:
    What the hell? Why did you wear a pink miniskirt to school?

Anyway, you've just got to keep it hidden. I'm not exactly proud of this...well, I wouldn't it my fandom, I'd call it random inklings at times, but you've just got to hide it, nonetheless, else you'll find yourself arguing about it.
    No one really seemed to care what I did, so I guess it was kinda an experiment. XD

Years
    My friends just don't care, really. Most of them are just like, "ah yeah, I had a Charizard on Red version," or "WTF? There are 386 kinds of pokemon? That's insane!" The only person who's given me a hard time is my sister, and she's pretty much anti-everything remotely nerdy.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    my parents would be saying that i'm too old for it, but thats it. my brother and closest friends don't really care, but my other friends would think its riduculous and childish, and for people i just met, i would pretend to dislike pokemon, not hate, but dislike.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ugh. You would not believe how much trouble I get for my love of Pokemon. They're always like 'Oookay' or, 'You're SO weird!' every single time I bring it up. I like all these "kiddy" shows, and they never let it go! Mainly because all my friends are like, those super popular people who always have to be cool. But, I just don't talk about it around them, which is why my computer is my best friend. It's my way to share my love of Pokemon without losing my social status at school. =_=

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    My friends don't care...they already know I'm werid enough, but when i bring it up, they just stare then change the subject...They are such good people!! ;__; sorry if I stress you guys out about my obsession over every anime I ever watch..

enyce

banned
    Years
    I have been mocked plenty of times. Im seventeen and I'm black, I hang around black people. But they didnt know until I bought my flash drive to school and started playin silver version on the computer. Havent heard the end of it

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    enyce said:
    I have been mocked plenty of times. Im seventeen and I'm black, I hang around black people. But they didnt know until I bought my flash drive to school and started playin silver version on the computer. Havent heard the end of it

Wow that must suck majorly.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Dude, I'm a 19 year-old freshman in college. If my friends knew I still played Pokemon, my reputation would go down the drain. Most of my friends have played R/B/Y when they were young, so they know Pokemon when they see it. Fortunately, my roommate has never played Pokemon before, so I can draw Pokemon on the computer without him caring. But when someone else comes into the room, I have to stop all Poke-activities.

It's my little secret. ;)

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I go to a ghetto school, and I was never mocked for my love of Pokémon. I remember I brang a GameBoy Color, and Pokémon Yellow, took them out and started playing it in front of everybody in class. The reactions I got were: "Hey look! Jeremy is playing Pokémon!" "Say, Pokémon went hard back in the day." "I be playing Pokémon back in the day." Ect. I guess there wasn't any mockery because they must have grew up in the Pokéra, sweeties. =p </lamepun>
    XD

enyce

banned
    Years
    Princess Peach said:
    Well sweeties, I go to a ghetto school, and I was never mocked for my love of Pokémon. I remember I brang a GameBoy Color, and Pokémon Yellow, took them out and started playing it in front of everybody in class. The reactions I got were: "Hey look! Jeremy is playing Pokémon!" "Say, Pokémon went hard back in the day." "I be playing Pokémon back in the day." Ect. I guess there wasn't any mockery because they must have grew up in the Pokéra, sweeties. =p </lamepun>
    XD

Yo if you a dude, why do you talk like a girl? Why do you type in pink, and actin all female like. I hear you're Jeremy, I dont know no female named "Jeremy" and it says you're a female.

I think you're confused and thats that, sorry for the off topic thing. But it bugged me a bit

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I voted for "sometimes," which is true. There's only one person who teases me for liking Pokemon. Otherwise, I mainly associate myself with people who do.

Years
    enyce said:
    Yo if you a dude, why do you talk like a girl? Why do you type in pink, and actin all female like. I hear you're Jeremy, I dont know no female named "Jeremy" and it says you're a female.

I think you're confused and thats that, sorry for the off topic thing. But it bugged me a bit
    Dude, if you're not getting a joke, then talk to them personally and don't go off topic at a thread like this.

Anyways, people wouldn't want to bug me since the only thing I like about Pokemon is the manga. Otherwise, yeah.

Back