• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Moderator for a day contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Even if it were possible to put on such a contest, it would have to be very limited in scope.The contestants themselves would have to be hand-picked by H-Staff, willing to compete, and generally a decent choice for moderator already. That would totally be unfair to the entire community. It would feel more like an election than a contest.

Take it from a 10 year veteran, the road to becoming a mod isn't one you choose to take. It chooses you. Even being around as long as I have is never any guarantee that you'll be considered right for the position. Not to mention there's a lot more that go into mod choices that are best left unspoken. Some small percentage of it is even just random chance, and a another small percentage of it is how socially connected and liked you are.

To be quite honest I'm sure there are several sections my friends would say I'd be good at managing. That doesn't make me an automatic leader. That doesn't necessarily mean everyone shares that opinion and that definitely doesn't make me, or anyone else in the same situation, cut out to be a mod. A will to help does not make one an effective leader. It's not even that you have to be an extrovert to make mod either. I know many mods who are quite as introverted as I am, if not more so. Activity isn't the answer either, being more active is often a double edged sword. Too much and you're not portraying a good image of yourself. Too little, and you are considered lazy and/or irresponsible. It's a delicate balance.

Finally, to be quite honest, I think it's best to leave the moderator hiring to our trusted Administrators who have been around long enough to know where the community is going and know it's history. Just knowing PC's history doesn't make one a good leader either, but most of the admins here at PC worked their way up from moderator. They were consistently considered to be the most respectable and level headed people, so they've earned their rights and stripes.

mrakaflame

Wise Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I can't imagine how easily abused that could be done today.. Especially with hackers, oh gosh their work wil get alooot easier if they get priveledges as moderator themself.. XD

Charcoal92

Banned
    Years
    Well I'm sorry man. I say this is not a good idea. Well think man, it's a process of how is the best fit and such. I think being a mod is a little overrated... (No offense! Don't ban me again!) But the idea of being a person with the power to ban people give infractions heck you can abuse that man! Just avoid the idea. It was just not allowed. As they said, nobody is taking my role. l am joking again! So don't yell at me.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
    The hassle of allowing a single or numerous members the privilege of becoming a Moderator for a day is simply not worth it. Take into account that finding potential members with such set skills and maturity and who also could be trusted is going to be the staffs primary requirements. With that being said the selection process apparently is not going to be fair across the board for everyone. Again, all of this for a day is not worth it and how long could you expect this to last for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back