• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Queen of Pop?

Years
  • Have you ever heard Speechless, Living on the Radio or You and I? Acoustic Poker Face or Paparazzi? Born This Way Acapella? She can play almost any of her songs acoustically at just a piano. Hit up Youtube if you'd like to be amazed.

I'm just focusing on the originals, not the whatever versions she can come up with, since obviously people would rather (pay and) listen to the original versions first. What I meant was, even though she can play them on piano, she doesn't always do so, which is why I say she shouldn't get in with all those weird electronic music and just do everything (maybe not everything, but just don't let it go to waste, ya?) with piano.

"a marriage of electronic music with major [...] metal or rock 'n' roll, pop, anthemic style melodies with really sledge-hammering dance beats"- On the album, Born This Way.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • I'm just focusing on the originals, not the whatever versions she can come up with, since obviously people would rather (pay and) listen to the original versions first. What I meant was, even though she can play them on piano, she doesn't always do so, which is why I say she shouldn't get in with all those weird electronic music and just do everything (maybe not everything, but just don't let it go to waste, ya?) with piano.
    I don't know about that first statement, people pay $100+ to see her sing them live and only $15 for the digital version... And the first songs I listed are all still on the piano on the studio versions as well. But I don't see why her live performances can't contribute to her enormous Pop status? They greatly buffer it if anything, since she's got the talk behind her walk, though the same can't be said for Britney who neither sings live or ever touches a piano. Britney also makes that "weird electronic music" though she has to mask her voice behind autotune. I really don't see any arguement of how Britney's Pop career ousts Gaga's when Gaga outclasses her in every category.

Years

• I don't know about that first statement, people pay $100+ to see her sing them live and only $15 for the digital version... And the first songs I listed are all still on the piano on the studio versions as well. But I don't see why her live performances can't contribute to her enormous Pop status?

I didn't say her live performances don't contribute anything...... 0.o

Oh I meant the originals, you know those originals...I don't know how to explain a word...original? XD

Let's see, cost of stage productions+ cost of traveling+cost of rental+cost of electricity usage from equipment= the price of a ticket, in this case, $100. Digital version only amounts to the value of the albums that's based on how good it is and what platform it's being sold at i.e. iTunes etc. :)

They greatly buffer it if anything, since she's got the talk behind her walk, though the same can't be said for Britney who neither sings live or ever touches a piano. Britney also makes that "weird electronic music" though she has to mask her voice behind autotune. I really don't see any arguement of how Britney's Pop career ousts Gaga's when Gaga outclasses her in every category.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Britney has sung live in 2009's "The Circus starring Britney Spears" and has 6 tours. Plus, you need not have to play the piano to be successful in live, you can play the guitar for instance. :D

Like Twilight Sky, I was an ex-Gaga fan, but since the time of Telephone, she just didn't give off the glow Lady Gaga had while Poker Face, Paparazzi, Dirty Money etc. And I liked both Britney and Steffani, so don't come and bash me for being biased, in the end, it's all opinions.

Oh and I have to thank Twilight Sky for expressing what I was thinking in a more eloquent manner. I'm not very good with all the terminology, you know, yeah... XD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

• Um. She's one of the world's best selling artists. The second highest selling woman artist of all time, behind Madonna, and just above Celine Dion, and the world's best selling artist of the 90s. She's sold 200 million records while Lady Gaga has sold 15. Mariah Carey has been popular over 20 years now. She's won 17 World Music Awards, and I'm fairly certain Lady Gaga hasn't won any, although she does match her in terms of Grammy Awards.

Mariah Carey isn't a "omg shock you look I'm in the spotlight look at me look at me" kind of artist. If that's the kind of artists you listen to, then you haven't heard much of her music because she just makes music. Her demographic is above the people obsessed with Lady Gaga, to an older audience who isn't looking for shock value in their music. You don't hear about her because she's not out there shaving her head, wearing ridiculous outfits for attention, etc. Even her sequel Christmas album, the kind of thing very little people care about, was in the top 5 on the charts when it was released.

Mariah Carey has more of a running at the Queen of Pop than Katy Perry and Pink combined. They're both just blips on the radar compared to her.

Well there you go lol - I've just never known Mariah Carey to be taken that seriously. The only things I've really heard about her are when people make fun of "Glitter"...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Mariah would definitely have been called the Queen of Pop in the 90s, but I'm not sure if she still holds that title in the 10s (or whatever this new-fangled decade is called). Glitter certainly did a number on her reputation and although she rebounded recently, she's definitely not what she once was.

Gun to head, I'd probably say the Queens of pop were a combination of Beyonce and Lady Gaga. I don't think one of them individually is at the same level of prominence as Madonna, but together they're a force to be reckoned with. (I like, but don't love 'Telephone', but the media frenzy when it happened was almost unreal!) It also seems like they can co-exist without cannibalising each other, which is probably good for the music industry.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beyoncé is the modern Queen of Pop! The woman has the respect, accolades, and most importantly the talent to prove it. Like the King, Bey is a force that can not be messed with on a stage. She has proven herself as a song writer, mostly in her days in the biggest girl group of all time, Destiny's Child. She has sold well over 100 million records in her 15 year career, she continues to reign supreme even in areas of entertainment and business beyond music. She's had #1 fragrances, movies, & DVD's. All of this before the age of 30 and her work ethic won't allow for her to rest just yet. Beyoncé has made so much history at such a young age, and not one of her peers measures up to her, and they have all admitted to being inspired by her in some way or form. To EVER consider Britney for Queen over this woman... just reconsider your entire life please. Lady GaGa is well on her way but Beyoncé is holding down the throne.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Beyonce and Britney cannot touch Gaga.

First off, Beyonce isn't even pop-ish is she? She's like R&B anyways. A queen should be revolutionary, and the best thing we have is Gaga. She completely revolutionized the portrayal of female artists with her outfits. Without her, recent stars like Katy, Nicki, and Ke$ha would be a lot more toned down. She popularized an eccentric avant garde art style with mainstream music fans. She was the centerpiece for the electronic/dance music revolution in mainstream pop, and is undeniably THE biggest name in pop music at the moment. She clearly has raised the standard extremely high for other pop acts to be successful.

The only thing she needs to prove now is her longevity, but at the rate she's going, it's unlikely that she'll be slowing down soon. Her releases are more anticipated than ever, and she's always experimenting with new sounds and themes.

Beyonce is a big name with longevity and a lot of talent, but her overall work has had a tiny impact on pop music. She's just a pretty face that scores that hit once in a while in the background, like Katy Perry. Nothing impactful or too meaningful. Plus, Beyonce is disqualified from queen of pop position automatically because of the utter crap release called 4. Ms. Run the World does not even run the songwriting business at all.

Britney has like, 0 talent and gets her success handed to her. definitely not the queen of pop material.

I think the next best contender is Katy or Rihanna. They both have proven they can consistently crank out hits. Katy is well on her way to a Hot 100 #1 for a fifth single off Teenage Dream, which is incredible for a late album single. Rihanna's singles don't come off quite as strong, but still become consistent hits enough. And she has proven her longevity.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Like the King, I feel like the Queen should be able to survive on their talent alone. GaGa is very talented but no one would check for her if she was not so over the top. And Beyonce is more respected and talked about in the industry and by her peers than any other Pop act out right now... and Beyonce does crossover music. Michael Jackson was not strictly a Pop artist. His last album Invincible had very many R&B cuts.

And to say GaGa has changed the way Pop artists today dress is in a way true, but Pop artists have done risque and crazy clothing for years. GaGa may have brought it back but she didn't invent it. Beyonce has inspired more female pop acts than GaGa ever has or will... need receipts? Check Katy, Miley, & Rihanna's twitter history...

Check her credentials lol, even Lady GaGa knows who the queen is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvqTPGwbZ4&feature=related

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Like the King, I feel like the Queen should be able to survive on their talent alone. GaGa is very talented but no one would check for her if she was not so over the top. And Beyonce is more respected and talked about in the industry and by her peers than any other Pop act out right now... and Beyonce does crossover music. Michael Jackson was not strictly a Pop artist. His last album Invincible had very many R&B cuts.

And to say GaGa has changed the way Pop artists today dress is in a way true, but Pop artists have done risque and crazy clothing for years. GaGa may have brought it back but she didn't invent it. Beyonce has inspired more female pop acts than GaGa ever has or will... need receipts? Check Katy, Miley, & Rihanna's twitter history...

Check her credentials lol, even Lady GaGa knows who the queen is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvqTPGwbZ4&feature=related

GURRRL I KNEW YOU WOULD REPLY TO THIS. haha

BUUUUT...

I believe an artists talent lies in the ability to think of and produce an image as well as carrying the image through music and performances. Over-the-topness is a part of her talent... being able to werk dat meat dress. And you don't need to invent over-the-topness to be the pop queen. She took it to a new level, arguably went further than Madonna did and popularized it with mainstream fans and musicians + made a revolution.

And please. Beyonce is not more talked about than Gaga right now. lol.

Beyonce has inspired other artists because she did reach success earlier, when other artists are younger, whereas Gaga's legacy started like 2-3 years ago. The next wave of popstars are sure to take inspiration from Gaga and her fearless attitude. By the way Katy Rihanna and Miley all take influence from gaga too. Especially Miley, who makes it incredibly obvious lul.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

GURRRL I KNEW YOU WOULD REPLY TO THIS. haha

BUUUUT...

I believe an artists talent lies in the ability to think of and produce an image as well as carrying the image through music and performances. Over-the-topness is a part of her talent... being able to werk dat meat dress. And you don't need to invent over-the-topness to be the pop queen. She took it to a new level, arguably went further than Madonna did and popularized it with mainstream fans and musicians + made a revolution.

And please. Beyonce is not more talked about than Gaga right now. lol.

Beyonce has inspired other artists because she did reach success earlier, when other artists are younger, whereas Gaga's legacy started like 2-3 years ago. The next wave of popstars are sure to take inspiration from Gaga and her fearless attitude. By the way Katy Rihanna and Miley all take influence from gaga too. Especially Miley, who makes it incredibly obvious lul.

More stars right now are talking about Beyonce's influence and inspiration, lol, but GaGa has made EVERYONE step their image up, and I won't lie, in a way, the sound of the music as well, but Beyonce has always been constant with her level of performance and videos. Over the top or not Beyonce's material will always be classic. Honestly, GaGa is my second favorite artist, and I know she'll soon be Queen but Beyonce has it for the time being. It's not just a popularity contest, but a level of respect among their music industry peers. GaGa is just a money machine right now.

Gilgαmesh

Britney has like, 0 talent and gets her success handed to her. definitely not the queen of pop material.

And who exactly are you to judge Britney's talent? I don't see you making more money than she is, so honestly, I'm quite disappointed.

See, most Gaga fans have the huge tendency to put down Britney unnecessarily. She got her success "handed" to her? That is the lowest thing anyone could ever say, even for a Gaga fan.

I respect Gaga as much as I respect Britney, and they're both quite talented artists. I believe that personally, Britney has this in the bag, but that's my opinion. I understand it is also your opinion that Britney does not have any talent, but that's obvious blind bias and criticism right there just for the sake of putting Gaga on a higher throne than Britney.

Okay, I understand something else now. There are a lot of Gaga fans, and there are a lot of Britney fans. This much is very obvious, and each side is devout to believe that their favourite pop artist is destined to become queen for many reasons. Either they make too much money, their fame, how alike they are to Madonna, their influence on pop culture itself, whatever the case may be. But I would like to state one important point here:

Gaga has been in the business for barely half a decade now or so. Britney? As far as I know, -way- longer than Gaga, and has a much bigger influence, to be quite honest. I'm saying this from the most objective standpoint, and it does have some truth to it, because for as long as Britney has been in the industry, she has made all sorts of impacts with her music, even before Gaga's time.

And honestly, it's also saddening that the only insult someone can come up with about Britney is that incident while she's shaving her head or whatever. Yeah, you try being severely depressed and lose your mind and tell yourself that you're obviously not going to do something insane.

But hey, that won't happen, because we've never been in Britney's exact situation, but yet, we still insult her and put that incident out there like it's the worst thing she could possibly do. How low is that?

Britney does put a lot of effort into her music, and influences a lot more people than one would normally think. I could say the same about Gaga, too. They're both respected artists, it's just that I prefer the former more than the latter. My preference, I know, but the point of this post is basically to say that there's no reason to rip Britney apart and say that she has no talent compared to someone such as Mariah Carey(or even Beyonce) or even Gaga herself. That's just not right.

Just saying here.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • And who exactly are you to judge Britney's talent? I don't see you making more money than she is, so honestly, I'm quite disappointed.
    OMG I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FOREGERR!!

ok but

Seriously this is not a valid argument. You don't need talent to judge others' talent. Simon Cowell cannot sing like Christina Aguilera and his ass is on X Factor. Just sayin

See, most Gaga fans have the huge tendency to put down Britney unnecessarily. She got her success "handed" to her? That is the lowest thing anyone could ever say, even for a Gaga fan.

I respect Gaga as much as I respect Britney, and they're both quite talented artists. I believe that personally, Britney has this in the bag, but that's my opinion. I understand it is also your opinion that Britney does not have any talent, but that's obvious blind bias and criticism right there just for the sake of putting Gaga on a higher throne than Britney.
    It's my honest opinion. I really dont think she has much talent. :s I mean, she JUST started live singing again (with a fairly average voice). Her dancing has been lacking compared to her old days, very stiff. Her hits are written and handed to her. :s

She definitely had talent in her StarSearch days, but it just went downhill completely.

Okay, I understand something else now. There are a lot of Gaga fans, and there are a lot of Britney fans. This much is very obvious, and each side is devout to believe that their favourite pop artist is destined to become queen for many reasons. Either they make too much money, their fame, how alike they are to Madonna, their influence on pop culture itself, whatever the case may be. But I would like to state one important point here:

Gaga has been in the business for barely half a decade now or so. Britney? As far as I know, -way- longer than Gaga, and has a much bigger influence, to be quite honest. I'm saying this from the most objective standpoint, and it does have some truth to it, because for as long as Britney has been in the industry, she has made all sorts of impacts with her music, even before Gaga's time.
    Gaga's been in for three years only. IMO she's made an impact comparable to Britney's, if not greater. I mean, her impact reached beyond just the song into a branch of art and this whole gay rights movement thing. Impact is relative though I guess.

Yup she still needs to prove longevity.

Britney does put a lot of effort into her music, and influences a lot more people than one would normally think.
    I don't see it. :s She just seems so... disinterested. And all she's credited for is the vocals, and I am just not buying that she puts effort into it. Her studio voice is very processed, so I just can't help but think of her as just a name to put a song under so the song sells.

Gilgαmesh

ok but

Seriously this is not a valid argument. You don't need talent to judge others' talent. Simon Cowell cannot sing like Christina Aguilera and his ass is on X Factor. Just sayin

Sorry about how I came off, but I'm just really upset here. Britney just doesn't get deserved to get put down like this. I bet she even gets put down by the media themselves, and it's just...kinda heartbreaking, y'know? People putting Gaga on a higher pedestal and not caring about whatever Britney's doing, after Britney is struggling and putting as much effort as she can into her songs and basically just doing what she loves best.

But society doesn't see that, unfortunately.

It's my honest opinion. I really dont think she has much talent. :s I mean, she JUST started live singing again (with a fairly average voice). Her dancing has been lacking compared to her old days, very stiff. Her hits are written and handed to her. :s

She definitely had talent in her StarSearch days, but it just went downhill completely.

Okay, if you want to see it -that- way, but if you want to see it from an objective point of view, without comparing Britney to her older days, I'd say she's still attempting to be as big of a hit as ever as she was back then. I mentioned in my post before, most Britney fans(even though that aren't Britney fans say the same) say that the way Brit was before is better than the way she is now, etc etc.

What those people don't realize, is -of course- everything is going to look prettier when it first comes out than twenty years after the same thing(I bet you a lot more people were into Gaga when she released "Just Dance" than something like "Born This Way"). I look at Britney not as a celebrity, but as a person. Sometimes I feel that she's very underappreciated, because people look more at her past than the present. You may disagree with me with this, but when she released Hold it against me and Till' the World Ends, Brit, to me, proved to the world that she's not even close to giving up, even if she's not what she used to be.

That's honestly what makes me look up to her so much. She doesn't do what she does for fame, or for money, or for anything like that. She does what she likes because it's what she loves doing the most.

Gaga's been in for three years only. IMO she's made an impact comparable to Britney's, if not greater. I mean, her impact reached beyond just the song into a branch of art and this whole gay rights movement thing. Impact is relative though I guess.

Yup she still needs to prove longevity.

I agree, the impact that Gaga made for being new to the industry is quite impressive, but you also have to see this from a different point of view. For Britney being in Pop for as long as she is, you'd expect that she would somehow "drop out" in other words, or probably get tired of it or something. But she has a lot of devout fans that want to continue listening to her music and believe and respect that(as I said), even though Britney wasn't the same as she was when she released, for example, "Oops, I did it again!", they would still see her as that marvelous and incredible pop icon that managed to last until this present day.

I don't see it. :s She just seems so... disinterested. And all she's credited for is the vocals, and I am just not buying that she puts effort into it. Her studio voice is very processed, so I just can't help but think of her as just a name to put a song under so the song sells.

She seems that way because that's how the media -portrays- her to be. I bet you 9 times out of ten she gets constant hate and crap from other people every single day, and I bet you that she's struggling with these recent songs coming out and whatnot just to get her life together. People can criticize what they want about her voice, but I can just as well criticize Gaga's voice and say a million things about it, so that argument is null because that's purely opinion-based, and it's not like we've actually been in their studios anyway to see them recording in person or something.

Basically, you can correct me, but from what I'm understanding, you're saying that Britney has "lost her touch", in other words. For me, and for many others, she hasn't, and she's been trying to prove that for the longest time, but a lot of people -just- don't see that, and it hurts, because most people have this narrow view that "Oh since Gaga just came out and only been in the industry for three years and made an impact just as much as britney did, she'll def outlast britney" and this "britney's old, etc" point of view.

It's not like that. It really isn't.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seriously this is not a valid argument. You don't need talent to judge others' talent. Simon Cowell cannot sing like Christina Aguilera and his ass is on X Factor. Just sayin

I would like to also throw my 2 cents here. In actual fact, talent can't be judged as an overall as some people may like a certain genre of music or a certain style while others don't. So then, we can't really say that Lady Gaga or Britney Spears don't have talent.

I feel that a queen should be the one that starts the whole everything about pop. And I believe that if it were to come down to a single person, it would be Britney, for me. Britney Spears spearheaded the rise of post-millennial teen pop and she became an international pop culture icon very fast into her career.

If anyone says Lady Gaga is better than Britney Spears in whatever way, let me remind you this. Britney Spears paved the way for all other singers in the following generations. So technically, without Britney Spears, we wouldn't have Stefani Germanotta. Not only does Spears have a major influence on other pop artistes, she has a fascinating legacy and people are inspired by her to be in the music industry.

Yes, Lady Gaga has been a trailblazer for modern culture, but has she really been devoted to her music to a massive extent that she inspired others to follow in her footsteps. Lady Gaga only expand music to make it more diverse, she didn't exactly created something a whole lot newer.

And also, the fact the people bring up about Britney's breakdown incident just irks me. It's not like she's the only celebrity to snap and just because she did insane things doesn't label her as a freak. If Britney Spears is a freak, then you might as well say that Lady Gaga deserves to be in an asylum since her songs are way crazier than what Britney did.

By the way Katy Rihanna and Miley all take influence from gaga too. Especially Miley, who makes it incredibly obvious lul.
    First off, as a strong fan of Katy Perry, she is definitely not like Gaga. Katy Perry has her own dance style, which is quite obvious. And the fact that usually her fashion sense is humorous and colourful, meant to make people laugh about it and not to create much controversy. There's also quite a clear contrast between Katy and Gaga. Katy started off with gospel music before slowly detaching herself and going towards pop. In an interview with some magazine, she also said that she didn't really like the fact when Lady Gaga put a rosary in her mouth. Katy Perry clearly knows the line between sex and religion.

Miley Cyrus hasn't really showed much Gaga influence. Actually, she's reflecting more like Britney Spears as the 'good girl gone bad' which was what Britney pulled off and it seems to be working well. Miley also cited that her inspiration came from Britney Spears. If you have evidence that Miley Cyrus has been influenced by Lady Gaga, please tell me as I may not be correct in what I say but what I do know for a fact that Britney Spears was a source of inspiration for Miley. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Reading these posts makes it seem like pop wasn't around before the late 90s.

Britney Spears paved the way for all other singers in the following generations. So technically, without Britney Spears, we wouldn't have Stefani Germanotta.
    Seriously?

Britney's time of being a major icon has passed. Gaga's probably will too. Really only the future can tell; if Gaga somehow manages to remain as big as she is now for the next decade then maybe we can start calling her a queen of pop. It also depends on what criteria people have to meet. If it's all about the music, then nobody at the moment can claim the title. If it's about image and popularity then there's no way Britney can ever compare with Gaga right now. Britney was biggest before, Gaga's biggest now, Beyonce hasn't managed to get as much attention as either of them but has been relevant for a much longer period of time. They're all notable for their own reasons but none of them clearly shines above the rest. And I'm not a fan of any of them so I'm giving an unbiased opinion.

Nobody's reached the throne yet. I honestly don't think anyone does deserves it right now other than Madonna.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gaga has achieved a greater following in much less time.

No real contest for me, I would have probably forgot about Britney if it weren't for this forum.

IMO, Beyoncé is second rather than Britney but even she can't touch Gaga.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I feel that a queen should be the one that starts the whole everything about pop. And I believe that if it were to come down to a single person, it would be Britney, for me. Britney Spears spearheaded the rise of post-millennial teen pop and she became an international pop culture icon very fast into her career.

If anyone says Lady Gaga is better than Britney Spears in whatever way, let me remind you this. Britney Spears paved the way for all other singers in the following generations. So technically, without Britney Spears, we wouldn't have Stefani Germanotta. Not only does Spears have a major influence on other pop artistes, she has a fascinating legacy and people are inspired by her to be in the music industry.
    Highly disagree. If anyone should be accredited with paving the way for future pop acts, it is Madonna. I don't really see Britney's influence in Gaga at all and with Gaga's outrage and controversy, she most definitely could have gained her fame without Britney. And anyways, Gaga has already created a great legacy and has influenced so many people in her short amount of time of being here.

Yes, Lady Gaga has been a trailblazer for modern culture, but has she really been devoted to her music to a massive extent that she inspired others to follow in her footsteps. Lady Gaga only expand music to make it more diverse, she didn't exactly created something a whole lot newer.

And also, the fact the people bring up about Britney's breakdown incident just irks me. It's not like she's the only celebrity to snap and just because she did insane things doesn't label her as a freak. If Britney Spears is a freak, then you might as well say that Lady Gaga deserves to be in an asylum since her songs are way crazier than what Britney did.
    Gaga's one of the hardest working stars out there. She barely ever stops touring. The Monster Ball was huge, just adding leg after leg. She's very devoted into making her music, and you can definitely see her influence even right now.

And no one slagged Britney on her breakdown here. :s But anyways I think craziness in songs is exactly what a popstar should be adding. The unexpected.

First off, as a strong fan of Katy Perry, she is definitely not like Gaga. Katy Perry has her own dance style, which is quite obvious. And the fact that usually her fashion sense is humorous and colourful, meant to make people laugh about it and not to create much controversy. There's also quite a clear contrast between Katy and Gaga. Katy started off with gospel music before slowly detaching herself and going towards pop. In an interview with some magazine, she also said that she didn't really like the fact when Lady Gaga put a rosary in her mouth. Katy Perry clearly knows the line between sex and religion.

Miley Cyrus hasn't really showed much Gaga influence. Actually, she's reflecting more like Britney Spears as the 'good girl gone bad' which was what Britney pulled off and it seems to be working well. Miley also cited that her inspiration came from Britney Spears. If you have evidence that Miley Cyrus has been influenced by Lady Gaga, please tell me as I may not be correct in what I say but what I do know for a fact that Britney Spears was a source of inspiration for Miley. :3
    Never said Katy was a copycat of Gaga, but we can't really deny that recent acts like her, Nicki, etc have taken influence from Gaga's style. Of course, Katy commits to weird fashion in her own style, but I still think it would be a lot more toned down had Gaga not come around. Oh and lol @ your point about the Alejandro video. She stated in the magazine that she was defending her tweet by saying it wasn't just about Alejandro but for something else (or something. I remember she evaded the Gaga shade at least). And anyways, in the issue of that interview she had a cross necklace dangling right in between her breasts so she has no room to talk haha. I don't think she's crossed a line with religion at all. She's pushing envelope at most.

And about Miley, you can argue this all you want, but to me she had Gaga written all over her Can't Be Tamed music video and her sudden adult transformation. And she hasn't shyed away from opening up about her huge Gaga fandom at all either. If I remember correctly, she was more excited to meet Gaga than the queen of England. Haha

Reading these posts makes it seem like pop wasn't around before the late 90s.

Seriously?

Britney's time of being a major icon has passed. Gaga's probably will too. Really only the future can tell; if Gaga somehow manages to remain as big as she is now for the next decade then maybe we can start calling her a queen of pop. It also depends on what criteria people have to meet. If it's all about the music, then nobody at the moment can claim the title. If it's about image and popularity then there's no way Britney can ever compare with Gaga right now. Britney was biggest before, Gaga's biggest now, Beyonce hasn't managed to get as much attention as either of them but has been relevant for a much longer period of time. They're all notable for their own reasons but none of them clearly shines above the rest. And I'm not a fan of any of them so I'm giving an unbiased opinion.

Nobody's reached the throne yet. I honestly don't think anyone does deserves it right now other than Madonna.

I can agree with most of this. However, Madonna certainly can't be called the modern queen of pop anymore, at least. lul

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, people are honestly saying Britney is the Queen? Britney is a robot with processed vocals, stiff choreography, and handlers. The Queen would not stall out before the age of 30... I'm sorry. I'd put Rihanna in the running before Britney! Lol, not really but almost. It's surely between Lady GaGa & Beyoncé. They are basically lapping it up in the throne. I still say Bey has the crown though, GaGa is popular yes, but she still hasn't gained the level of respect that Beyoncé has. Maybe after the Born This Way era is done she will have proven herself but as of now most people are only in it for the shock value, controversy, & outfits. Britney is NOT respected so therefore I disqualify her.

Last edited:

Gilgαmesh

Lol, people are honestly saying Britney is the Queen? Britney is a robot with processed vocals, stiff choreography, and handlers.

I didn't know you were her manager. Would you mind telling me how her voice is so robotic and artificial while somehow Gaga or even Beyonce's voice is somehow godly to you?

The Queen would not stall out before the age of 30... I'm sorry. I'd put Rihanna in the running before Britney! Lol, not really but almost.

Lady Gaga is 25. Britney is 29, and so is Beyonce. Would you mind explaining that age part again? Cause it's kinda irrelevant.

It's surely between Lady GaGa & Beyoncé. They are basically lapping it up in the throne. I still say Bey has the crown though, GaGa is popular yes, but she still hasn't gained the level of respect that Beyoncé has.

Beyonce, maybe. Lady Gaga, maybe. They need to produce more material and whatnot, etc.

Maybe after the Born This Way era is done she will have proven herself but as of now most people are only in it for the shock value, controversy, & outfits. Britney is NOT respected so therefore I disqualify her.

Not respected? Amongst who? You? I didn't know you were the judge on who makes Queen of Pop or not, Haza. I don't know why, but your entire post is nothing but blatant and immature hate on Britney, and this kind of behavior is exactly why most people are so blind to Britney's talents.

If you don't respect her, that's fine. Don't try to make it a generalization.

---

On another note, I respect Beyonce as an artist, but this post is to show that there's no reason to put Britney down. You're putting Gaga and Beyonce on a way higher throne than someone who's been in the field for just almost twice as long as Gaga and I'm pretty sure she's been in the field longer than Beyonce, if anything else. You're just trying to use the "Britney's old" card, which will kinda never work, because as you can see, Madonna is pretty flipping old, but I bet she could still whip out stuff as good as she was back in the day. That's how talented she is, and how she managed to earn her spot.

Britney is in the lead because it is kinda much too early for Gaga, and Beyonce hasn't really caught the "spotlight" or much attention from that many fans, as much the focus is on Britney and what have you. If Britney continues to dish out amazing songs as always that will captivate her fans for the next decade or so if she remains, then it's already decided(like I said before. Britney most likely doesnt do this for the fame or whatnot. She does it because its what she loves). Even if Gaga decides to sell out amazing songs and whatnot, it's still respected for someone thats been in the industry for a long time, to STILL be in the field and produce amazing songs as always.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Highly disagree. If anyone should be accredited with paving the way for future pop acts, it is Madonna. I don't really see Britney's influence in Gaga at all and with Gaga's outrage and controversy, she most definitely could have gained her fame without Britney. And anyways, Gaga has already created a great legacy and has influenced so many people in her short amount of time of being here.

Oh well it's your own opinion if you agree or not but well I used to be a monster fan and I know for a fact that Lady Gaga listed Britney Spears as one of her influences. You may not see the influence, but that doesn't mean you have a right to say Britney didn't influence Gaga.

And no one slagged Britney on her breakdown here. :s But anyways I think craziness in songs is exactly what a popstar should be adding. The unexpected.
    And I didn't say it was in this discussion. ;D Yup I concur with you that craziness is now the new normal and I live somewhat by that phrase. XD

Never said Katy was a copycat of Gaga, but we can't really deny that recent acts like her, Nicki, etc have taken influence from Gaga's style. Of course, Katy commits to weird fashion in her own style, but I still think it would be a lot more toned down had Gaga not come around. Oh and lol @ your point about the Alejandro video. She stated in the magazine that she was defending her tweet by saying it wasn't just about Alejandro but for something else (or something. I remember she evaded the Gaga shade at least). And anyways, in the issue of that interview she had a cross necklace dangling right in between her breasts so she has no room to talk haha. I don't think she's crossed a line with religion at all. She's pushing envelope at most.
    Yes of course, the fashion trend which I admitted Gaga can be commended for that. And as for the rosary thing, when I wrote that post, I wasn't thinking about the music video. I just used that quote from K.P. to paint out the contrasts. :3

And about Miley, you can argue this all you want, but to me she had Gaga written all over her Can't Be Tamed music video and her sudden adult transformation. And she hasn't shyed away from opening up about her huge Gaga fandom at all either. If I remember correctly, she was more excited to meet Gaga than the queen of England. Haha
    Actually, I -can- because it has been known. Can't Be Tamed is like a pretty much broaden version of Party in the USA, the latter was inspired by Spears. Miley Cyrus has already cited inspiration from Britney Spears, but I have yet to read the words 'Lady Gaga' in the list of names. Gaga wasn't the adult transformation, she didn't even start as a teenager like Britney so obviously your link is irrelevant here. And that comparison between Lady Gaga and the Queen of England, if I may say so, is quite biased. Obviously, even I would rather meet Miss Stefani than a queen who isn't trendy. Why not compare Britney Spears with Lady Gaga and ask which one Miley would rather meet?

Lol, people are honestly saying Britney is the Queen? Britney is a robot with processed vocals, stiff choreography, and handlers.
    Lol, and you're just a person hiding behind an avatar and flaming popstars with processed words, stiff thinking and nothing.

Back