• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Queen of Pop?

Years
  • If I remember correctly, she was more excited to meet Gaga than the queen of England. Haha

To be fair, I think a lot of people would be.

You're putting Gaga and Beyonce on a way higher throne than someone who's been in the field for just almost twice as long as Gaga and I'm pretty sure she's been in the field longer than Beyonce, if anything else. Y

I'd say Britney being around twice as long is a bad thing. More time to make an influence yet less influence made.

I think Gaga's following will continue to gradually grow from now on and Britney will possibly soon fade to obscurity.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Oh well it's your own opinion if you agree or not but well I used to be a monster fan and I know for a fact that Lady Gaga listed Britney Spears as one of her influences. You may not see the influence, but that doesn't mean you have a right to say Britney didn't influence Gaga.
    Don't recall. But that still doesn't mean Britney paved the way to the other modern popstars.

Actually, I -can- because it has been known. Can't Be Tamed is like a pretty much broaden version of Party in the USA, the latter was inspired by Spears. Miley Cyrus has already cited inspiration from Britney Spears, but I have yet to read the words 'Lady Gaga' in the list of names. Gaga wasn't the adult transformation, she didn't even start as a teenager like Britney so obviously your link is irrelevant here.
    Miley stated in an MTV interview, I think, that Can't Be Tamed (album) had a more techno feel and a Lady Gaga influence.

Party In The USA? Written by Jessie J not Miley. And as for the Britney song was on lyric, didn't she later change that lyric to "And the Gaga song was on" in her live performance while doing the Bad Romance dance? :)

And no you don't have to undergo a teenage-adult transformation to inspire others to go through. Miley was a teen Disney singer, and IMO she saw Gaga as an adult artist. Said, "That's cool, I think I should try something like that," turned into a bird, and shot Can't Be Tamed. theres no way to verify that's what she said, but she's really giving off that impression.

I didn't know you were her manager. Would you mind telling me how her voice is so robotic and artificial while somehow Gaga or even Beyonce's voice is somehow godly to you?
    IMO, I really would respect Gaga's and Beyonce's voice a lot more. In Britney's studio recordings, her voice sounds pretty processed. You can hear a lot of layers and a weird equilization effect to bring out the breathiness of her voice (If I said my heart was ...). The autotune is pretty obvious and her voice doesn't demonstrate the upper range of support that a good singer would. Beyonce has obviously proven her vocal capabiities, and Gaga has definitely been putting up very good demonstrations of her voice (especially the acoustic Edge of Glory videos). Britney is just starting to sing live, and she can't deliver the same vocal-heavy performances like Bey or Gaga. Her backing track is still left very loud.

Edit: ok so apparently Britney recorded vocals to sound live, but really are prerecorded. nevermiiind.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Britney stans are delusional... I never said anything hateful, I love her music. She just isn't Queen material. She doesn't have the passion that a Queen should have, and if you do your research, many celebrities have praised both Bey and GaGa for their incredible work ethics. Never Britney. It's obvious that Britney doesn't care as much anymore... *see her Femme Fatale Tour*, any fan of Britney that is NOT delusional will admit that the passion is just no longer there, and this is what I meant when I said that the Queen would not stall out before the age of 30.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Britney stans are delusional... I never said anything hateful, I love her music. She just isn't Queen material. She doesn't have the passion that a Queen should have, and if you do your research, many celebrities have praised both Bey and GaGa for their incredible work ethics. Never Britney. It's obvious that Britney doesn't care as much anymore... *see her Femme Fatale Tour*, any fan of Britney that is NOT delusional will admit that the passion is just no longer there, and this is what I meant when I said that the Queen would not stall out before the age of 30.
    Nothing hateful?? Hahahaha.... You say I'm delusional, well your no better. It takes one to know one. At least I'm not biased like you all. I used to be a Lady Gaga fan just that her recent hits didn't really appeal to me like before. Oh and before I forget, it's fans, not stans. /shrugs

You know, this discussion is getting real biased, so I'm not gonna reply to anything biased from now on. You guys are all so quick to criticize other artistes but always deny anything against Gaga. Yeah, so what if Femme Fatale isn't as great as Britney's earlier hits. Y'all obviously forgot that she just recovered from a breakdown. You think its so easy to bounce back up especially in a demanding industry? Maybe wait till Lady Gaga has her own snaps, then you'll understand. Some of the arguments here are just baseless and usually are just discriminating.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and biased opinions. I just keep on seeing the latter.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oh my God, seriously? I don't want this turning into a flamefest like the ones that pop up in Other Chat - and on such a trivial topic as well - so just calm your jets before I start infracting people. Mmmkay?

Years
  • Oh my God, seriously? I don't want this turning into a flamefest like the ones that pop up in Other Chat - and on such a trivial topic as well - so just calm your jets before I start infracting people. Mmmkay?
    Okay okay, sorry for the rant, I just didn't like how people keep on pointing out Britney Spear's flaws and harp on everything bad. I mean like, even I commend Lady Gaga's positive talents. It just put me off at that moment of time. >.<'

Years
  • Nothing hateful?? Hahahaha.... You say I'm delusional, well your no better. It takes one to know one. At least I'm not biased like you all. I used to be a Lady Gaga fan just that her recent hits didn't really appeal to me like before. Oh and before I forget, it's fans, not stans. /shrugs

You know, this discussion is getting real biased, so I'm not gonna reply to anything biased from now on. You guys are all so quick to criticize other artistes but always deny anything against Gaga. Yeah, so what if Femme Fatale isn't as great as Britney's earlier hits. Y'all obviously forgot that she just recovered from a breakdown. You think its so easy to bounce back up especially in a demanding industry? Maybe wait till Lady Gaga has her own snaps, then you'll understand. Some of the arguments here are just baseless and usually are just discriminating.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and biased opinions. I just keep on seeing the latter.

Drifting slightly off topic but I'd like to clear this one up.

Based on the central character in the Eminem song of the same name, a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan for any celebrity or athlete.

I'd say Gaga has had a pretty rough past as well, she clearly hasn't had anything on the scale of Britney's breakdown but still.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    By the way, when I said Britney was not respected, I did not mean just by the fans. The industry does not really respect Britney as an artist. FYI, fans do not hand out the Grammys. There is a Grammy committee that is made up of other artists and industry officials. If they respected Britney and her music as an artist, she would have more than a single Grammy. GaGa has 5 already, and do I really have to mention the amount that Bey has accumulated? *coughs 16!* That's respect for you, bye.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • According to Rolling Stone, the modern (2009 - mid 2011) Queen of Pop would be Lady Gaga. This is based off of a compilation of album sales, digital tracks, number of official music video views on Youtube, airplay, Billboard Hot 100, social networking, touring, awards, and album reviews.

If you'd like to give it a read and see the rankings of other pop-related artists, check it out here.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Lady Gaga as the Queen of Pop...

I have no qualms with this. She's unique and she'll be remembered long after she retires. As long as the person who's going to be held on the same platform as one of the most famous musicians/people of all time, she better not be a one-off fad. Which she isn't.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    According to Rolling Stone, the modern (2009 - mid 2011) Queen of Pop would be Lady Gaga. This is based off of a compilation of album sales, digital tracks, number of official music video views on Youtube, airplay, Billboard Hot 100, social networking, touring, awards, and album reviews.

If you'd like to give it a read and see the rankings of other pop-related artists, check it out here.

According to that ranking system the Queen of Pop trio would be between GaGa, Rihanna, and Taylor Swift... the title would not go based on what's HOT NOW, in my opinion. Michael and Madonna were not just HOT and popular. I still say that Bey & Britney are in the running regardless of the past 2 years, they are still up there with the new girls and slaying. They have longevity, and not just a short burst of popularity and hit singles.

Also, Bey & Britney, before recent months, had not released albums since 2008 only using numbers from those years is kind of unfair.

Last edited:

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
  • I guess longevity does have something to do with it but just because Britney and Beyonce have been around longer doesn't mean that they're the Queens of Pop. Pop is an ever-changing music genre itself so I have a hard time trying to understand whether Gaga, Beyonce or Britney even fit in it.

Beyonce is more like Queen of Pop-R&B. When you think of Beyonce... you don't necessarily think of pop music really. Most people would think R&B. But her music also incorporates some pop elements which makes it totally unique. And sure, Pop-R&B sounds weird but you'll get used to the idea.

Britney Spears is the Queen of Dance-Pop and Lady Gaga is the Queen of Electro-Pop.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Cause I think Madonna will always be the original Queen of Pop.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Don't particularly like her but if the title was to be passed on today it would be to Gaga, saying that i haven't listened to her since the song she did with Beyonce so I'm not the best person to ask.

Years
  • Sorry but it'd be Britney Spears there is no question

Maybe because i'm kind of older than some of you but she came out during the Boy Band era and was really the first in a while of female pop sings, Christina and everyone else came after.

OOps I did it again is probably her greatest album, and there wasn't a person around then who didn't know that song

Lady Gaga....

I loved her first album but really she's just too much anymore

Born this Way was bleh

Edge of Glory was stupid

Judas was okay, but not the best

When she came out it all seemed so original, but lately she doesn't even try and hide that she's copying off Madonna

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • But has Britney Spears done anything good since 2003? She had a breakdown, dressed up as a flight attendant and.....yeah.

Years
  • Britney used to be the Queen, but Gaga has slowly been taking over. The only thing, apparently to you guys, that she doesnt have to become the true Queen, is lasting value. Well, she has been around for three/four years, so you really cant judge her on that. Also, its debatable if Britney even has lasted. Yea, she's releasing new songs, but name some that are actually doing well on the charts or are actually good. It kinda went downhill for her after, well, you know what happened...

Meanwhile, Gaga's creativity in her clothing, music, and persona has garnered the most media attention, whether that be sales, headlines, fanbase, etc. She is the current Queen. Now we just have to wait and see if she lasts. Of course, with fans like me, she will. But it may turn up to be a Britney situation were only the hardcore fans really care. Its all up to time and the public even though they are getting sick of her as well. i dont get it, how can you hate somebody as good and pure as gaga (no over exaggerations here guys, shes a nice lady)...

Aside from the crossed-out parts, this is totally unbiased. And this is also coming from a person with the username Lady Gaga :P

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Britney Spears is a great dancer. When she sings it's like nails on a chalkboard (although it has gotten a lot better over the years) and when you go to her concerts all she does is put the CD in and dance to it. A bit of an over-exaggeration but if you say Britney Spears doesn't lip sync you're a straight up ignorant fool!

The Queen of Pop needs to be a great dancer, a great singer (I know, it's hard to believe but that's kind of important), a good person, and needs to do more than just Pop music. The last one..I feel is very important. Diversity is key!

So..my vote goes to Ke$ha Lady Gaga. She has a fantastic voice (never lip syncs) and is a great dancer (although, sometimes when she's dancing and singing she sounds like Katy Perry on crack..it's hard to dance and sing.) She does more than pop music (You and I, Speechless, Brown Eyes most notably). She's a good person (very politically active especially towards gay issues.) She's unique and genuinely talented. You have to be a deaf moron to not realize that she is talented.

Whether or not you like the music shouldn't be a factor.

Years
  • Britney's concerts always do awesome

All the albums, except Black Out, which came out during her crazy period, which I hate to be the "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" person, but I think she was entitled to all those break downs. She was married to an idiot and divorcing him, paparazzi being everywhere.

Oh she lips syncs but I don't mind it, because girl can dance. You go to her concert to see a show in my opinion.

Bad Romance really? How can you say that's Gaga's voice. IT reeks of electronics

but w/e everyone is auto tunned anymore

lol don't see anyone nominating Katy Perry

Back