• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    +1 to your post count. Good job.

I don't know if you guys have heard yet, but they are talking about making the next CoD game pay-to-play for online service.

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=227204

I'm not keen on the idea. I think if they did this, I would expect a lot better service than they have given to MW2.

Thats stupid. Whats the point of making it pay-to-play anyways if you already have to pay for your live subscription or other things. We already have to deal with enough already.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    It's been a week since I've posted here. I've been asking players(not personally[ah, well as some of my addicted classmates], only in game. Plus include the frequency of pickuped weapons) what's their favorite guns, attachments, game maps, blah, blah, blah... the whole week. Here is goes, and this is my observation plus general responses in the week.

Spoiler:

And one question, how do you get on to that crane tower in Highrise?

Last edited:
    Years
    Dragonuv, you must be smoking something. The MP5k is NOT overused. The UMP on the other hand is.
    Other than that, I gotta agree with you. Oh, and the Spas 12 is overused.

Everyone, message me (Le Krome) if you wanna get into a Global Thermonuclear War on XBL.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I don't agree with hardly any of your "statistics". I'm not gonna go into detail, but a lot of stuff you say is rare, I actual see alot and a lot of stuff you say is overused, I hardly see.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
    Most Popular Rifle: SCAR and ACR
    I can agree with this, as I see at least 2 of these in every match.

Most Popular SMG: P90(duh)
    I literally never see anyone running a P90, never.

Most Popular LMG: Steyr AUG and RPD
    I always see at least 1 guy with the AUG in every match.

Most Popular Sniper rifle: M82
    If there's a sniper in the game, chances are that he's using the .50. I always use it as well.

Most Popular Shotgun: Model 1887(akimbo)
    Blinged akimbo/FMJ seems the most popular, but I mostly see people running AA12.

Most Popular MP: G18
    Agreed

Most Popular Pistol: .44 Magnum Anaconda
    The only reason I see people running a pistol is to Tac Knife, but I can agree with this.

Most Popular Launcher: Stinger
    Agreed, although it is pretty useless on a main class, and leads to easy spotting since it makes people stick out from behind cover.
    I also see AT4's every now and then and Javelins also, even if the Javelin is probably the worst launcher.

Most Popular Perk1: Bling then Marathon. Perk2: Stopping Power then Hardline. Perk3:Ninja then Commando.
    I only see bling on LMGers, and rarely on any other gun. The one I see the most is Sleight of hand and Scavenger.
    SP is on practically everyone's class, but I rarely see someone running hardline.
    P3 perks I can agree, although Last stand is hugely popular.

Most Popular Bling attacments: RDS/Holo then Silencer.
    If it's an LMG, grip and a sight usually.
    AR- Heartbeat and sight
    Sniper (although usually not blinged)- FMJ/whatever or Heartbeat/ACOG
    There's a bunch of stuff in your main list that I could argue against, but I didn't want to copy paste the whole thing.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^ Maybe it's in the wrong timing(or unlucky) you couldn't see people running around with P90.
    Oh, yeah about the "most popular bling attachments". I've only picked the rifle section. Yeah, kinda forgotten the Mg's.
    I've only asked level 50's and above. Either I'm asking the wrong person, or they suck(much more likely the 1st reason).

I don't agree with hardly any of your "statistics". I'm not gonna go into detail, but a lot of stuff you say is rare, I actual see alot and a lot of stuff you say is overused, I hardly see.

I know. I've only asked them during the week, which I know is incomplete. Besides, many will change when a lot of people will be done with prestiging(that means it's not static)

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

I don't know if you guys have heard yet, but they are talking about making the next CoD game pay-to-play for online service.

I'm not keen on the idea. I think if they did this, I would expect a lot better service than they have given to MW2.
    If they could do it right then I'd pay. Like if they had new maps every 3 months, if they took care of boosters and glitchers, if they fixed glitches in the maps, if they had all sorts of playlists (like maybe an S&D without explosives, maybe a TD without tubes, etc), new weapons every now and then and so on.
    Split everything up into two groups.
    Group 1: That's the basic game itself, sort of like what we have with MW2 right now.
    Group 2: That's the people who pay every month. These people get all the extra stuff, maps, weapons, etc. And they can also go into group 1 and play games of TD and such (sort of like how WaW had the double XP for people who got the limited edition).
    I'd be willing to pay a monthly or yearly fee if they fixed a lot of stuff in the game, and gave extra stuff (new maps) all the time. But if it's the same junk we got now... I'll go to another game before I put up with their monthly paying BS.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I wouldn't want to pay for LIVE and the online play. I just don't think that's right. Now if its for the PC, that's another story. But for consoles, I think having pay-to-play online is ridiculous.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years

If activision expects me to pay, they need to ATLEAST give out a public beta so we get a better game. So we don't have the **** we do with MW2.
    Give me a beta, and I'll pay for the online.
    That's all I ask.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    I know I am a little late to the thread but i love modern warfare 2 its the only game on my xbox thats worth playing mostly because all i got was the xbox holiday bundle for christmas along with it I am glad

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    With how sad MW2 is now ive been thinking of going back to CoD4. Besides I always loved playing it and theres much less things to worry about when it came to playing online.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years

Great, as soon as I finish my prestige I'm dropping COD, except for COD1 and COD2, y'know, before they started this money grabbing BS.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^ that's old school. Besides, you can easily connect to servers there and cheat. CoD6 requires Steam. And speaking of which, Steam keeps on disconnecting here. Epic fail.

Back