• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
  • Well camping noobs officially made me break my controller... I tossed my controller at the wall just now... Yeah they finally pushed me over the limit. I cant stand the fact that some douche can sit in a corner n rack up a 5 kill streak... then 7, then an ac-130 that he didnt earn... Its so annoying... I cant camp, I try but sitting there waiting for someone to run buy is boring.... Im a run-n-gun 4ever...lol but seriously I've had it with the camping, and especially camping with tubes, or AA shottys... uggghh.... So frusterated...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • whoever thinks cod6 is a let ur wrong it's not the people who made it's fault it is the hackers if anything this game is really good
    Oh the joys of being young.... just like people on the game. Little 10 year olds with their high pitched voice who who yell into the mic, ones always doing glitches, always thinking they're good at the game, when told off they use swear words thinking they're real mature. So much fun being young. ^_^

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Well camping noobs officially made me break my controller... I tossed my controller at the wall just now... Yeah they finally pushed me over the limit. I cant stand the fact that some douche can sit in a corner n rack up a 5 kill streak... then 7, then an ac-130 that he didnt earn... Its so annoying... I cant camp, I try but sitting there waiting for someone to run buy is boring.... Im a run-n-gun 4ever...lol but seriously I've had it with the camping, and especially camping with tubes, or AA shottys... uggghh.... So frusterated...

If there was anything in this game that would ever make me break my controller due to how cheap and broken it is, it would be commando. Knifing should be a last resort, yet people put Commando on and can kill you from several meters away, it's stupid. The people who rely on Commando (particular in combination with Marathon or Lightweight and a Tac Knife) are people who have no faith in their own shooting ability.

Just adding that, since you seem to have missed this blatant flaw. I may have only got around 50 hours of playtime online so far, but it doesn't take a Veteran to point out that kind of broken system. =/

Years
  • They may primarily knife, but that doesn't mean they can't shoot or don't have confidence in their shooting skills. Maybe they find knifing more enjoyable, for some reason. Some use Commando because they'd like that edge in close quarters combat.

I personally prefer a run-and-gun style, which I think really benefits from Commando, but I'm not really any good at the game, at least when I jump online. I get mauled by those who spend a lot more of their time playing it than I do.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • They may primarily knife, but that doesn't mean they can't shoot or don't have confidence in their shooting skills. Maybe they find knifing more enjoyable, for some reason. Some use Commando because they'd like that edge in close quarters combat.

I personally prefer a run-and-gun style, which I think really benefits from Commando, but I'm not really any good at the game, at least when I jump online. I get mauled by those who spend a lot more of their time playing it than I do.
    If someone runs around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando then they're skilless, and they can't use a gun. That's all there is to it. Because if you have to use a knife to get kills you're skilless with a normal weapon. Just like people who run around and tube up close, they're not good at the game so they have to use a crutch to get kills. And that's all that Commando is... a crutch.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    The number one thing I hate on MW2 would be commando.

I also dislike tubes and shotguns but it's only because how people use them. If people started using them only in certain situations and not every situation they wouldn't be that bad. When someone is running around with Tube, Danger Close, and Scavenger/OMA is when it's just getting abused.

------
    I play demolition 95% of the time and I want to know if you consider this camping or cheap? I go to the other teams spawn and do kind of like a route killing them as they spawn. But I do it so often that I know exactly where every spawn is and I know if I get too close to their spawn I know where their other spawns are at. Bad spawns by whoever made this game makes it even easier on levels like Highrise, Rundown, Karachi, and Quarry. I usually get a chopper gunner in the first minute on Karachi and Highrise.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
  • If someone runs around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando then they're skilless, and they can't use a gun. That's all there is to it. Because if you have to use a knife to get kills you're skilless with a normal weapon. Just like people who run around and tube up close, they're not good at the game so they have to use a crutch to get kills. And that's all that Commando is... a crutch.

This is not true, While I usually agree with you this time I can't. I run with marathon, stopping power & commando, I use throwing knife n flash. I use the vector and spas. I have more spas kills and vector kills then commando kills. I only really knife when i turn a corner n someone is in my face... or I'm chasing someone n dont wanna shoot an unsilenced weapon... While others use commando for cheap kills it can be used responsibly...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Look at it like this: How many players on MW2 with a good, solid K/D (let's say... over 1.75) use commando? I guarantee you 99.99% of them will not. That right there shows you that good players don't use, nor need, commando. So much of MW2 is close-quarters and being able to lung across rooms is just too much of an advantage to be considered fair. Had this game had more wide open maps like WaW did, I'd maybe think otherwise, but that's not the case.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I really don't see how bumping into someone when you turn a corner is an excuse to have Commando equipped. If someone is really "in your face" then regular knifing capabilities should be fine. Anything outside the regular distance... just shoot them? And if you're chasing someone with Marathon and Commando... you'd only need Lightweight and you'd be the most annoying type of Commando abuser. Commando can ONLY be used for cheap kills.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • no i see what charizard is saying. it helps if you turn the corner and hes in your face because you now have a slight advantage on him. its not cheap in that situation. and its not lack of skil for tacknifing, but the opposite. if you cant kill someone running at you with a knife, then it is YOUR fault, and if you are knifed out of a camping spot while lookin down a sniper scope, then shame on you for campin there too long, as you probably killed him

KingCharizard

Years
  • Call me what ever u want cheap, horrible player, ect... But honestly I couldn't care less, I am not saying commando isn't cheap, but name a yellow perk that is worth using in place of commando, especially since i jump off roofs and ledges... I hate last stand. I see no need for ninja, I dont like steady aim, and scrambler is just a stupid perk... I think outta all my choices commando is the best yellow perk...

EDIT: I only use ninja in S&D

But however if i am horrible for using commando, aren't u just as bad for crying about people using commando? Seriously commando can be stopped. I've killed plenty of people trying to commando me. Only people who cry about commando are horrible players, I know its bad to be at 4 kills and get killed commando ive had it done to me myself and I didnt cry. However if you cant get to 5 kills easily you cry.. I am not saying it isn't cheap but just cause someone uses it doesn't mean their bad. Same goes for tubing. yeah it doesn't take much skill but its still in the game to be used, therefore you can use it aswell. Its not like the ppl using these cheap weapons have an actual advantage over you, you can do it too... why not give them a taste of their own medicne...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    no i see what charizard is saying. it helps if you turn the corner and hes in your face because you now have a slight advantage on him. its not cheap in that situation. and its not lack of skil for tacknifing, but the opposite. if you cant kill someone running at you with a knife, then it is YOUR fault, and if you are knifed out of a camping spot while lookin down a sniper scope, then shame on you for campin there too long, as you probably killed him
    But however if i am horrible for using commando, aren't u just as bad for crying about people using commando? Seriously commando can be stopped. I've killed plenty of people trying to commando me. Only people who cry about commando are horrible players, I know its bad to be at 4 kills and get killed commando ive had it done to me myself and I didnt cry. However if you cant get to 5 kills easily you cry.. I am not saying it isn't cheap but just cause someone uses it doesn't mean their bad. Same goes for tubing. yeah it doesn't take much skill but its still in the game to be used, therefore you can use it aswell. Its not like the ppl using these cheap weapons have an actual advantage over you, you can do it too... why not give them a taste of their own medicne...

Modern Warfare 2

I'm not even going to bother.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • KingCharizard I tend not to reply to your posts for 1 reason... you're not a reasonable person that thinks along the lines of a good CoD player. Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing a little. There's nothing wrong with knifing, hell... there's nothing wrong with Commando.... until level 29.
    This post I'm going to point out a few things... it's not a fight, just me pointing out a few things I've seen in my 27+ days of playtime on MW2 (and yes I do have a life).

This is not true, While I usually agree with you this time I can't. I run with marathon, stopping power & commando, I use throwing knife n flash. I use the vector and spas. I have more spas kills and vector kills then commando kills.
    Having more kills with a weapon doesn't change the fact that you're a Commando user, doesn't change the fact that you have to use that perk to get knife kills. I have over 2500 kills with the SPAS, if secondaries had camo then I'd have Red Tiger for my SPAS (and 40 headshots away from Fall). And yet I still die from Commando, I shoot at people, hit them and still die from it.

if you cant kill someone running at you with a knife, then it is YOUR fault, and if you are knifed out of a camping spot while lookin down a sniper scope, then shame on you for campin there too long, as you probably killed him
    When the person lunges across the room or down a hallway to kill me with Commando when I hit the person then I'm not to blame, it's the people who put it in the game, and people who thinks it's an awesome perk to use. I've killed lots of people with Commando... I've also been killed lots of times by it. Many deaths I likely wouldn't have had if that person shot at me. Because a knife is a 1 hit kill, where a bullet isn't.

no i see what charizard is saying. it helps if you turn the corner and hes in your face because you now have a slight advantage on him. its not cheap in that situation. and its not lack of skil for tacknifing, but the opposite.
    I only really knife when i turn a corner n someone is in my face... or I'm chasing someone n dont wanna shoot an unsilenced weapon... While others use commando for cheap kills it can be used responsibly...
    David (parallelzero) touched on a point that both of you missed.... or maybe didn't want to reply to (there's an edit button, there's a reply button). Here's what he said
    "If someone is really "in your face" then regular knifing capabilities should be fine."

We've all played the game, so I want all of you to think of the map "Vacant". Picture this... you're going down a hallway and you turn the corner, and as both of you have said "there's an enemy in your face". Tell me how Commando will help you there?

Call me what ever u want cheap, horrible player, ect... But honestly I couldn't care less, I am not saying commando isn't cheap, but name a yellow perk that is worth using in place of commando, especially since i jump off roofs and ledges... I hate last stand. I see no need for ninja, I dont like steady aim, and scrambler is just a stupid perk... I think outta all my choices commando is the best yellow perk...
    I agree that Commando is the best green perk until level 29 (when you get Ninja). I agree that Steady Aim is pointless because I don't hipfire. I agree that Last Stand is annoying and you might lose your kill or they kill themselves. Scrambler just tells the enemy "Hey..... I'm here. Better watch out for me!". And I also say Commando is a cheap crutch for players, should only be used by people who haven't unlocked Ninja, and is only used because they don't trust their skills with a weapon.
    I don't have a prob with knives, I don't have a prob with silencers (since they're smart to use). If you want to call Stopping Power cheap or a crutch then by all means go on, I can see that side of the coin... even if you are calling out every pro CoD player (and I don't mean people who get lucky, I'm saying people who are damn good at the game) out there.

But I want you (and mooglehunter if you're there) to watch the vids below. This guy uploads vids to YouTube... and as his name says... he only uses his blade (a knife and a throwing knife). And you'll also find that he doesn't use Commando (in some of his earlier vids he used it, but he regrets using that cheap perk).

https://www.youtube.com/user/ONLYUSEmeBLADE

This is a quote from you a few posts ago
    "Well camping noobs officially made me break my controller..."
    So you broke your controller because you're a horrible player who can't kill people camping? I can kill people using Commando, I can people camping, I can kill people tubing, I can kill people camping with OMA tubes and Commando on. So what's your point? I'm a horrible player because I complain about a cheap perk in the game?

Would you like to see how horrible I am at the game? I don't normally do 1v1's but I would love to take you on in a 1v1 on MW2. We'll have a neutral host that way one of us doesn't get host advantage. We'll do it on a few different maps and agree not to sit in some dark corner and wait on someone to run by. We can use whatever weapon setup we want (I personally don't want to use tubes, but if you feel the need to do so then I have a class for it)... you can use Commando and show me how good a perk it is. We'll turn off killstreaks that way kills will be from us and not from something like a Pave Low. How does that sound?

I hope all of that wasn't too much for all of you to reply to.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • You bring up some, ok lots of valid points, but correct me if i'm wrong, you guys are hating on commando users in general, not just the abusers of it. i have had it used on me and used it on people and there has never been a situation where i died from it and haven't said "ok i could have stopped that". I am only trying to propose that commando isn't a perk that should be "outlawed", as so many people seem to want. and STEADY AIM DOES NOT SUCK!!! take the mp5k, throw rapid fire and akimbo if you want and put steady aim on and go to town, it is one of the most enjoyable ways to play imo, or try it with the vector or rpd w/grip, but back to my original point, commando isn't bad unless you completely abuse it. The whole problem here is that people have different play styles, and each person likes to think that theirs is superior to the others. i for one suck at mw2 in general, but use all playstyles, and to prove that i suck i cant tube for crap. I see no problem with people who tac-knife, tube, or camp. its just a game and the object is to win. those are all ways to win and they are all effective. would you prefer they hacked? these guys aren't saying they are good when they knife or camp or tube and yet you insult them. YOU are picking the fight here and you need to grow up. unless someone is talkin smack for tubing then, hey, maybe thats the only way he is good. sure he sucks, but i'd rather deal with it than turn someone away from mw2. i respect that you play it "straight", but they could complain the same about you in some other forum.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    You bring up some, ok lots of valid points, but correct me if i'm wrong, you guys are hating on commando users in general, not just the abusers of it. i have had it used on me and used it on people and there has never been a situation where i died from it and haven't said "ok i could have stopped that". I am only trying to propose that commando isn't a perk that should be "outlawed", as so many people seem to want. and STEADY AIM DOES NOT SUCK!!! take the mp5k, throw rapid fire and akimbo if you want and put steady aim on and go to town, it is one of the most enjoyable ways to play imo, or try it with the vector or rpd w/grip, but back to my original point, commando isn't bad unless you completely abuse it. The whole problem here is that people have different play styles, and each person likes to think that theirs is superior to the others. i for one suck at mw2 in general, but use all playstyles, and to prove that i suck i cant tube for crap. I see no problem with people who tac-knife, tube, or camp. its just a game and the object is to win. those are all ways to win and they are all effective. would you prefer they hacked? these guys aren't saying they are good when they knife or camp or tube and yet you insult them. YOU are picking the fight here and you need to grow up. unless someone is talkin smack for tubing then, hey, maybe thats the only way he is good. sure he sucks, but i'd rather deal with it than turn someone away from mw2. i respect that you play it "straight", but they could complain the same about you in some other forum.

If I get knifed by anyone using commando I go into instant rage and start yelling into my mic. Why? I don't know. I just hate commando with a passion.

I also agree that steady aim doesn't completely suck. It does help with RPD hip spray and No scopes, and akimbo weapons but those are gimmicks. I couldn't give up ninja either.

For the rest of your post.. people like to complain. You can either deal with it or complain about complainers.

On another note... I always complain to my friends that nukes are cheap and take the fun out of the game (I run pmissle, harrier, chopper) and are insanely easy to get. The ones that don't really play with me (xbox friends) always say "because you can't get one". So today I finally decided to run harrier, chopper, and nuke. First game, I got the chopper gunner and got to 25 kill and then I was like wtf because I didn't get the nuke. Then I noticed I died while in the chopper. Second game, I got to 22 kills but since my team sucked we lost before I could get 3 more kills. The third game I got a nuke in the first round of demolition. https://web6.twitpic.com/img/140339806-50b6f95d05b80b12e4c1bf84130bcfd6.4c59f7f8-scaled.jpg

Just felt like sharing my nuke experience and how cheap they are.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
  • Ok arcanine I'll do a 1v1, and if I lose i'll be the first to admit it... I have no problem with that, but why dont u watch my pervious uploads, and tell me if I abuse commando?

this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xH_Sssb5uQ

also tell me how ninja is useful in TDM By the way I watched the video u asked me to watch, and u cant compare a dude playing with 5 of his buddies with me playing alone, without anyone else i can rely on, I left all my party members n ps3....

U know andy, or arcanine what ever u wanna be called I had orginally replied with a half assed reply, but since you've put such effort to prove commando is such a horrible perk, imma put just as much effort into trying to make u see reason, while all u so called, pro(prao) players hate commando and use ninja. I guess im not pro, but i guarentee my ps3 stats will blow your 360 stats outta the water, but since im currently playing on 360 i'll stick with them stats. Oh and i always play alone I dont party up with alex or whoever and here is my 1 day 12 hours stats, 1.41 K/d Not all that great but not bad either concidering i haven't played nothing but TDM and always played with random and I dont camp, 1.23 Wins, 12 win streak, again avarage, maybe above a little maybe under but not all that great. accurcy, 18.23 ok this is horrible but I am working on this. and my score is well i forgot, so its unimportant. My ps3 stats are way better im 6th priestege, and got over 1200+ wins over 30,000+ kills with a 2.12 % and only 5 days of playtime on that. But I switched to 360 for sme reason... I just needed to put out there I never used commando on ps3 ninja was always my perk of choice. I never actually liked commando untill I came to 360, I wanted to actually try to prove to you that commando isn't horrible, but it is I know it is. But I use it and to call me a horrible or not a good Cod player is just a joke on your part... Its not like i tube, oma or camp... I use one perk and I'm horrible. Like I said then I guess I am, But If you feel 1v1 will make me see ur point then I have no problem, But honestly 1v1 never proves anything... I actually hate 1v1...

Im uploading another video right now where i have commando pro on my class and only get one knife kill.... I'll post the link shortly and then I want you to tell me by having it on im a horrible player...

Last edited:
    Back