• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • I just read that entire article, and I just think the whole situation is complete bull. Let's talk Xbox 360 here for a minute, where the franchise is at it's biggest. If they do happen to incorporate this into the game, then Xbox Live players are paying for the Xbox Live, paying for their internet, paying for other features such as map packs, and then this on top of it? It just seems like one of the dumbest things to ever come about the game to be honest. I say 360 because they'll be the most hurt, from having to pay more money normally just to play the game with the latest maps. It really does seem like a big way to try and milk more money from people if you ask me.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • If they have dedicated servers, more maps, more playlists, etc then yea I'd go for it. Heck I'd be fine with paying $5-10 every month just for dedicated servers, as long as I don't get ripped off and die due to lag then yea I'd pay for it.
    But if it's just some site where I can compare stats then it won't be worth it and only suckers will pay for that.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I don't have to expect anything because I stopped wasting my money on the annual CoD games. But I guess it's just fun watching other people waste money on it.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I might give it a shot once to see what it's like. Depending on that, I'll decided whether I want to keep my subscription or not. I hope it's only around $5 or less, otherwise there's not chance in hell I'll even consider keeping a subscription to that, it just doesn't seem worth it (at least from what features they've revealed so far.)

Anyone see the trailer for this yet? It's actually pretty funny lol.
    https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/cod-elite-officially-revealed

Years
  • I watched the full trailer, and the game looks amazing.

All the action seems to be pretty intense, and the scenes are brilliant. I really hope it delivers though, I was really anticipating Black Ops, but I really only enjoy Zombies and Wager Matches. A lot of us really enjoyed MW2 Multiplayer, so keeping those features would surely give us a bit more comfort and experience instead of just completely jumping into a whole new system of CoD.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • By the way, This CoD Elite thing is not a "you MUST pay service" things like stat tracking are free.

The subscription is just if you want some Premium content, like paying to get a premium area on a forum. You don't need to do it :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I haven't read the whole thing on CoD Elite... Joystiq had a wall of text talking about it and I hate to read tl;dr posts (sad because going by my first post in this thread I'm ok with typing them XD). So for ones who did read all about it then feel free to correct me... But from what I can tell (by the trailer) it's just a stat tracker online, with groups of people who are scared of peanuts, and you can watch the choppy 30 second vids uploaded to YouTube. Is that about right? So they're trying to do like Halo and put stats online, but in this case you have to pay to see your stats? I love the idea of checking stats online, they sort of tried it with WaW but it didn't pan out just right. But they're making us pay to check the stuff? Why would I do that when I can turn on my 360 and check for myself? Why would I join/start a clan/group when I can do that on GameBattles for free?
    Like I said in my other post... if it was more game modes, more maps, servers, etc then yea I'd be fine with paying for that. But from the looks of it Elite is some stat checking website where you have to pay to see your stats. I'm still waiting for the point of Elite...
    Like I said, I haven't read the stuff on it so if I'm wrong feel free to point it out.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I haven't read the whole thing on CoD Elite... Joystiq had a wall of text talking about it and I hate to read tl;dr posts (sad because going by my first post in this thread I'm ok with typing them XD). So for ones who did read all about it then feel free to correct me... But from what I can tell (by the trailer) it's just a stat tracker online, with groups of people who are scared of peanuts, and you can watch the choppy 30 second vids uploaded to YouTube. Is that about right? So they're trying to do like Halo and put stats online, but in this case you have to pay to see your stats? I love the idea of checking stats online, they sort of tried it with WaW but it didn't pan out just right. But they're making us pay to check the stuff? Why would I do that when I can turn on my 360 and check for myself? Why would I join/start a clan/group when I can do that on GameBattles for free?
    Like I said in my other post... if it was more game modes, more maps, servers, etc then yea I'd be fine with paying for that. But from the looks of it Elite is some stat checking website where you have to pay to see your stats. I'm still waiting for the point of Elite...
    Like I said, I haven't read the stuff on it so if I'm wrong feel free to point it out.
    Not entirely sure, but I think that, for the most part, the whole stat-tracking stuff is free. They've gone out there and said that most of the service on Elite will be free of charge, but that there will indeed be some stuff you must pay for, if you want that extra stuff that is.

So I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly it is that we would be paying for, and more importantly... how much lol.

"To add insult to injury, the service is seemingly populated entirely by racist (and/or homophobic) twelve-year-olds whose filthy mouths are only matched by their abnormally high k/d ratios." Hahaha, so true.

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • It's a shame really that Mature Call of Duty players like myself, and a lot of other people get grouped into the same class as a few of those kids.

"You play Call of duty, you must be 12, racist, homophobic, rude, vulgar and not do well at school"

Years
  • It's a shame really that Mature Call of Duty players like myself, and a lot of other people get grouped into the same class as a few of those kids.

"You play Call of duty, you must be 12, racist, homophobic, rude, vulgar and not do well at school"

As popular as CoD has become, it's also become popular to hate on it. :/ Hopefully people realize that it's a generalization and nothing more.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

And what's sad is... you got to be 17 (at least in the US) to buy the game. Meaning if you hear some mouth running little child on there then it likely means their parents got the game for them. All I hear from them are cuss words that should make their own ears bleed, they call everyone in the room "kid" when they're 15 at the most, or they think they're pro going 3/6 in an S&D game, and if you're on the enemy team and you kill them you're modding or hacking. And if you try to "reason" with them they'll bring up some stupid line and the words "your mother" is in the line somewhere.

Like you said, people see these actions and they think "Well everyone on here must be the same" and it gives a bad name to not only people who play CoD but gamers in general.

Solaceon Glaceon

earthbound..
    Years
  • well where to start..?

I don't think it would be right to make anyone pay. unless its for non essential things.

Black ops honestly changed my opinion on the franchise, but when i go back to mw2 i remember what i love about the games.

No crazy over powered weapons. - for instance the commando on black ops and we all know of the ump .45 on mw2. the times i've got sprayed by those guns. The ump .45 is a 3 bullet kill gun with stopping power. It was so easy going through the presteiges with it.

Stopping Power - omgee i miss that perk with a passion, now all you see is as follows - Famas, Ak74u, Commando, and somtimes and M60. The weak guns don't get it done plain and simple.

Shotguns - i thought they were okie as primary but gave it more of a real feel as a secondary.. If i was in actual war i wouldn't wanna do close quarters with a pistol.

Akimbo weapons - I enjoyed them. I don't think its too unfair. You sacrifice range for close power. Maybe just make it to where you cant have a red perk; stopping power etc..

Oh and i like the rolling killstreaks idea.

Leave out commando, riot shields (complete waste) should have it automatically.

Over all Mw3 seems promising, only if they would improve off of mw2 and not black ops.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Riot Shields are pretty fun if you ask me, it's a different playing style and is definitely nice when you want to switch it up a bit. I'm thinking they'll be back in MW3.

"I don't think it would be right to make anyone pay. unless its for non essential things."
    That's exactly what the plan is... thus far at least.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I have to agree. Riot Shields weren't the best weapon in the game, but they sure were fun to use if you ask me. I would use them sometimes, but not all the time. It's still a fun weapon to use and I do hope they slip them in somewhere in the game. :)

As for shotguns, make them more powerful and a little more range than in Black Ops, except keep them primary, instead of secondary. It makes a huge difference in gameplay, to have a Shotgun in the primary class, instead of the secondary class. :o

One thing I think they should really bring back to the table for this game is Combat Training. Sure the better people who know their abilities in the game and are confident on how they go about it don't need it, but it's always good for those people who are essentially, new to the franchise and want to learn what to do and it'd be also a good thing to learn the maps as well. :)

While we're on the subject of multiplayer modes, I really do hope they bring back some of the old stuff. Either zombies again, or something similar or more modern or something like that. I wouldn't mind having Spec Ops again in the game, as that's fun if you just wanna work with a small team and get some missions done. :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I have to agree. Riot Shields weren't the best weapon in the game, but they sure were fun to use if you ask me. I would use them sometimes, but not all the time. It's still a fun weapon to use and I do hope they slip them in somewhere in the game. :)

As for shotguns, make them more powerful and a little more range than in Black Ops, except keep them primary, instead of secondary. It makes a huge difference in gameplay, to have a Shotgun in the primary class, instead of the secondary class. :o

One thing I think they should really bring back to the table for this game is Combat Training. Sure the better people who know their abilities in the game and are confident on how they go about it don't need it, but it's always good for those people who are essentially, new to the franchise and want to learn what to do and it'd be also a good thing to learn the maps as well. :)

While we're on the subject of multiplayer modes, I really do hope they bring back some of the old stuff. Either zombies again, or something similar or more modern or something like that. I wouldn't mind having Spec Ops again in the game, as that's fun if you just wanna work with a small team and get some missions done. :)

They're going to have a Survival Mode in Spec Ops, which is essentially going to be zombies... but without actual zombies lol. So pretty much the same idea, that being endless waves of enemies. They detailed a bit on it, talking about how we'll see different types of enemies. Juggernauts make a return, but there will also be kamikaze-type enemies (including "kamikaze dogs" lol.)

Back