• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in the games which made you go... "eh?"

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    In G/S/C, the window that your rival snuck through to steal a Pokemon never gets closed.

In your house (the one you start in), you have your own room, but what about your mother's?

When you use flash in the old games, the whole cave is lit up. The light never goes out.

Years
    I love your Trainer Card, Gash.

Anyway, my turn, you noticed that those who have the gift Pokemon (Steven, the Sliph member with the Lapras) just give their rare Pokemon away? You'd think with such rare Pokemon, they'd want something for it. Oh well, makes life easier because I got enough to deal with the happy go lucky traders.

Poliwhirl for Jynx, oy...

Edit: Yeah, Evil Dunsparce, G/S/C is where you meet the Rocket with poor Grammar. Like bad guys can't enunciate? Headdesk.

Years
    Tryng out tha Missingno. and Glitch City glitches.
    Finding a glitch that allows you to get Mew(didn't find Mew generated by it from the first try, but 10 minutes later). Tha START menu popping up by itself was wierd too.
    Getting hit by Sleep Talk.
    A few cases of Metronome randomness.
    Finding Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
    1st encounter with Entei and her fleet.
    The Unown pkmn.
    Getting an Aerodactyl from my Old Amber(I was also like "oh!" <3).
    Rival outside of Elm's lab kicking me. O.=.o;
    Finding Rayquaza(I was also like "rawrr!" >3).
    Metagross and Registeel's aspects(robots I tell ya!! o.==.o;; ).
    Rival always getting tha starter ta which I have weakness. o.=.o
    S.S. Anne-like music in Oceanic Museum. O.=.o;
    Being able ta visit Kanto in GSC(OMGOMGOMG!!!!).
    Lance's Dragonites in GSC being under tha level at which Dragonites evolve. O.=.O ...must've been because tha Charizard in his party "helped" them evolve. X33333
    Protect, Detect, tch, an' Endure.
    The Unown radio interferrence in tha Ruins of Alph. @.=.@
    2x weakness in GSC.
    Berries in GSC. @.=.@;;
    Being able ta forever tare down Team Rocket(awwwwwwww T_T).
    Being able ta breed pkmn as of GSC(oh YEAH!! X333333).

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    ^ The radio interference in GSC scares me for some reason, especially the unknown one. It makes me feel all paranoid and stuff. The one at the lake of rage is just annoying.

- The nicknames that in-game traders give their pokemon. I mean, my god, can't they be a little more creative than naming an Onix "Rocky"? And some of them are just downright annoying (Electrode = "Dorris", Aerodactyl = "Aeroy")

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
    Years
    Chiru said:
    ^ The radio interference in GSC scares me for some reason, especially the unknown one. It makes me feel all paranoid and stuff. The one at the lake of rage is just annoying.
    The Unown sound confuses me because it has no purpose.....it is oddly creepy isn't it?

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Hmm...

- I ran into an Arcanine the first time I played my first Blue Version. The piece of crap used Roar.
    - The thought of my Pok?mon breeding brings disturbing thoughts to mind...
    - In RSE, how do they fit that big moving truck through those Routes that seem so overgrown and rocky.
    - Karen has non-Dark Pok?mon in GSC. I was confused. Same w. Lance having not all Dragons, and Loreleiu having Slowbro.
    - Don't those trainers in the routes ever go home? Why don't the swimmers drown or get tired?
    - How do Pok?mon that can only get around by swimming battle so well on land? Vise versa w/ the landbound Pok?mon.
    - How a Pidgey or other small Flying Pok?mon can Fly you across the region. Same w/ small Water Pok?mon.
    - How the heck can Smeargle do all that stuff? Mimickers included.
    - If the Grunts would just beat you up themselves, they wouldn't be so unproductive.
    - In those lava places, do people ever fall in? o_O
    - If you become champion, why don't you get to stand in that room witing for trainers to challenge you? That always bugged me.
    - If Sudowoodo hates water so much, why doesn't it run when you use Rain Dance?
    - Where are all the toilets? When do you ever bathe?
    - How can a Pok?mon like Squirtle use Hydro Pump? How can they fit all of that water inside them?
    - In Red and Blue, in the Celadon Hotel, youi could go to the corner and use an invisible PC. That disturbed me some.
    - The guy in Celadon tells you there is no switch behind the poster. What a giveaway.
    - How can your person fall down all of those holes w/o getting hurt?
    - How can you use fire attacks under water?
    - Why don't Trainer ever get hurt by attacks like Surf, Earthquake, or Explosion?
    - Why are all of one species the same color except shinies?
    - Why don't you ever eat?
    - Is everyone one divine? Exceptions being Mt. Pyre and Lavender Town, no one ever dies.
    - How do they know how many steps you take when you're in the Safari Zone or Bug Catching Contest? *coughstalkerscough*
    - Why don't pokemon who hate their trainers hurt the trainers or run off?
    - Why regions? No countries in the Pok?mon world?

Last edited:

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I have more:

- My sister got a Vibrava out of a Trapinch egg.
    - How can some Pok?mon see in the dark caves?
    - The Mew glitch in RBY kinda caught me...
    - What's the deal with that freakin' truck? It disturbs me...
    - The pok?gods crap is kinda weird. Pikablu, Chronomew, Mewthree, Charcoalt, etc. the list goes on.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Bad grammar: Picked 1 berries.
    Also, my ruby had the strange glitch where berries don't grow and the lottery ticket draw doesn't work. Somehow it works properly again!

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    skie said:
    I think Ninteno might be stalking me... I swear to God Togipie was MY idea!

I know I swear I thought up a pokemon before to I forgot I think it was like a Rock pokemon! AHHH

On topic

- The guys in R/S that like BIG pokemon
    -The Duplicating thing in G/S/C that just freaked me out
    - The Fact that Unknown are even in the game
    - Why do trainers and all people repeat the same thing over and over? SCARY!

Ill have more later

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    It creeps me out how trainers say the same thing over
    How come legendaries always (except latias,latios,entei,raikou,suicune)stay in the same spot?
    how could a jigglypuff learn flamethrower,thunderbolt,ice beam,etc.?
    In colloseum,how come when a pokemon uses dive water appears than the pokemon disappears
    How come in XD when I saw a spoink use bounce it was bouncing in the air? the only explaination is that it is phycic. I'll have more soon...

Last edited:
    Years
    You ever notice that everyone talks to you in the game? What can't there be a few that just go off and ignore you? Like most people?

Incidentally, beyond the Rockets and the rivals, there isn't anyone that's just plain nasty to you? Because some people are just...jerks. We've all had that. So does everyone have to be in world peace? And if a game can have it...why can't we? Headdesk.

And I like the radio interference at the Lake of Rage. :P

Years
    Where do all the fainted pokemon in caves go? To the pokemon center? Or just stay there faint? Then how come you never seem to trip over all the geodudes in Mt.Moon?

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    Yupp said:
    Where do all the fainted pokemon in caves go? To the pokemon center? Or just stay there faint? Then how come you never seem to trip over all the geodudes in Mt.Moon?
    Yeah, thats always bothered me to. Won't fainted caterpies get eaten?

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    howcome pokemon just attack..normaly on the series they look for them..not just walk around....and howcome when u dive u dont see all the underwater pokemon swiming?

Back