• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
  • Well, I'm bored again, so I figure that I might as well continue where I left off.

• After entering Cherrygrove, I was attacked by an extremely excited old man that wanted to, and I quote, 'teach me a few things'. Out of pure fear, I follow the man, but make sure that he doesn't walk behind me. He tries anything, Totodile's eating him instead of an Oran Berry.

• Old man gave me some Running Shoes, which confuses me. So, in this entire world, you need to have these type of shoes to run? What happens if you don't; you get arrested? Yeah, because the police force in Pokémon World is obviously effective. That's why Giovanni, Team Rocket, Team Magma and Aqua, and Team Galactic were so successful. They weren't powerful, but the police, apparently, don't do anything.

• Why exactly did the old man show me his house? Totodile... Okay, now he gave me a Map Card, which should come in handy when I'm trying to avoid these thinly veiled pedophiles. Once again, what the hell does the police force do?

• Turned on my iPod, and searched through all my music to find the 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' Original Soundtrack. I don't know why, but I keep finding Japanese music really catchy these days.

• Walked in the tall grass, and found a brown pigeon, even browner than the other one. It growled at Totodile, which led to the devouring of its soul. Maybe I should keep Totodile on a leash...?

• Found a Potion lying on the ground. Okay, seriously, who keeps dropping all this crap on the ground? Seriously, why don't you just take a Max Repel and spray it at the sky if you want to jump-start global warming, you prick.

• Found another tree that refuses to give me things. If I had Cyndaquil, I would burn all these trees to the ground. Wait, wouldn't that mean I'm just as bad as the guy that keeps dropping items...
    emotpsypopcy1.gif

• This strange man literally starts screaming at me because I didn't barge into his house. He's so lucky Totodile doesn't like the taste of *******s, otherwise I'd have him attack this maniac. Then, he says something about our meeting being 'meant to be' or something. Can this be a meeting? I thought a meeting was when both parties actually give a damn what the other has to say. Dude gives me a box, as if I don't have enough crap to lug around. Does no one realize that a ten-year-old boy isn't that strong? I swear, this whole quest has to fall under some section of child-abuse.

• I found an Antidote. I'm going to laugh if I someone dropped this after their Pokémon was Badly Poisoned.

• This Youngster brat started yelling at me, even though he was getting his ass kicked in a battle. What a prick. And, to top it off, they won't let me through. Why I can't just pull myself over the ledge is anyone's guess. Maybe I just lack the upper body strength...

• Another one of these damn mutated purple rats. Totodile, just... you know what? Screw it. Do whatever the hell it is that you do that kills everything you touch.

• After the battle, if you can call it that, Totodile Leveled-Up. This proves that hurting other people makes you better than them. I would say that the rat can testify for that, but... dead rats tell no tails (It's a pun. Laugh, dammit).

• I found another weird pigeon, but this one had sparkles around it at first. That means that it's somehow related to the sparkling vampire, Edward Cullen! I... must... kill!

• Killed the worst character ever created, and just kept on walking. As I destroyed it, I think I saw some respect in Totodile's eyes. This proves that everything, be it human or Pokémon, hates Twilight. No exceptions.

• Finally arrived at Mr. Pokémon's house. Seriously, there's no way that this guy's real name is Pokémon. No-freaking-way. He's named after an entire race of suped-up killing machines? Okay then. Just call me Gold Skynet while you're at it, you pretentious ass.

• Mr. Pretentious gives me an Egg, that supposedly, has a Pokémon in it. So all Pokémon come from Eggs, huh? Explain Mewtwo then, know-it-all. Then, to top it off, the old guy forces me to rest at his house. Can you freaking believe it? I'm turning this Egg into an omelet the next chance I get.

• Prof. Oak tells me that... wait. Wait, wait, wait. Hold on a damn second. Prof. Oak? That's two damn Prof. that I've met in just one day. How many of you are there? And why the hell are you in Johto? Isn't the Magnet Train broken?

• Anyways, Prof. Oak gives me a Pokédex. I wonder if I can get WiFi service on this thing. Why didn't he just create a PokéGear Card that has all the data for the PokéDex and give that to me instead? People really don't think things through, do they? Then, this old Prof. orders me to go out and meet new Pokémon. Are you kidding? I've met five of them so far, one of which is a vicious killer, two of them are pigeons, and two are mutated members of the rat family. And you want me to go and see more of them? Right before he leaves, he demands my phone number. You know, it just seems like I should stop giving out my number to suspected pedophiles.

• Prof. Elm calls me. Apparently, there's a problem at the Lab. Maybe the FBI finally found his hard-drive of CP, and he needs me to bail him out? Nah, I'm not that lucky.

• On the way back, Totodile Leveled-Up and learned Rage. Wait... so Totodile didn't already know Rage? He was just that pissed off normally?! Oh crap...

• Well, well, well. If it isn't the rude, redheaded kid. What the hell do you want? Did you just call me a wimp? My Pokémon kills things. What does yours do, other than play with the stupid leaf on its skull? And why the hell did your parents name you Passerby Boy? Do they seriously hate you that much? Judging by how much of a prick you are, I'd have to say yes.

• I then proceeded to beat Passerby Boy like the redheaded stepchild that he really is. Serves him right for calling me a wimp. He asks me if I want to know who he is, then he doesn't even give me enough time to answer 'I don't give a crap'. Seriously, it's rude to ask questions, and then answer them without letting the other person talk. But I guess that's why your father abandoned you (SPOILER... wait... maybe that should have gone before the spoiler... crap).

• Also, before he left, I robbed his punk-ass. Stole his trainer card, and saw his name. Apparently, his parents weren't cruel enough to name him Passerby Boy, instead choosing to name him Silver. And I'm Gold. And the last Pokémon League Champion was Red, while the Viridian City Gym Leader is Blue. What the hell are our parents smoking when they decided to name us after colors? Are all our parents hippies or something?

• I can finally steal from trees! Take that, Nature! Man triumphs once again! Apparently, you can't rob the same tree twice in one day. I'll be back tomorrow, mother****er. Made it back to New Bark Town, and entered the Pokémon Lab.

• Holy crap, it's a cop! Did Elm really get busted for CP? Nope, as usual, the cops try to arrest me cause I'm black. Not-Crys steps in and yells at the cop, saying how Silver was the real culprit, or something. The cop asks me for a name, and if Silver wasn't such a prick earlier, I wouldn't have said anything. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Good luck with the Party Van coming after you, Silver.

• After the 5-0 leave, I show Elm the Egg. He was freaking out badly. You'd swear he'd never seen an Egg before. Then he tells me he knew I was different, and that things are going to get fun. Needless to say, I quickly got the hell out of that Lab, and left New Bark Town. Stupid damn pedophile professors.

• As soon as I leave town, Lyra hands me my balls, and teaches me how to catch monsters... like it's that freaking hard. You hit them, they get weak, then you take out your balls and throw them at the monster. Once again, I'm not an idiot. After giving me back my balls, Lyra leaves to god-knows-where. Good riddance. That Marill was about to get the ass-kicking of a lifetime after the stunt it pulled earlier.
    Current Team

Spr_4h_158.png

Name: Totodile
    Type: Water
    Attacks: Scratch/Leer/Water Gun/Rage
    Level: 9

Last edited:

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • EDIT

Went from Violet City To Azalea With Wooper , did the slowpoke well event and then went back to the slowpoke well to get myself a Slowpoke. Defeated Bugsy , he was pretty hard , only because of his scyther... but slowpoke + Yawn + Curse Abuse Pwned him :).Defeated Kratos ( My rival ) using quagsire to pwn out his gastly then pwnd his zubat with yawn + curse hax , and then killed his Quilava with slowpoke's hack :D he's too powerfull lol( 2HKO with Tackle... :p ).

CURRENT TEAM :

Slowpoke Level 12

Quagsire Level 21

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Here's Day Three of my Pokemon HG/SS Mono-type Challenge, now with 100% more Userbar!

• Boot up no$gba and began my Challenge where I left off, on Route 29.
    • Found a Sentret and, instead of having Totodile kill it, I captured it with a PokéBall. That means Totodile is leaving the team soon (thank God). Sentret is glaring at me, even though I basically stole its freedom. How strange. Just for that, you're walking next to me, Sentret. I nicknamed him Ms. Ferret, because of his evolution.
    • Found another Sentret, but I didn't like this one, so I had Totodile kill it. Sucks to be him, I guess.
    • Went up to Route 46, in search of Teddiursa.
    • Found yet another pigeon. Only difference is, this one's wings seem to be red. I caught it anyways, along with a Ratatta, just to say I did. Spearow, I will be using though, mostly due to Pidgey sucking badly. Ratatta sucks too, compared to Sentret, so don't expect to see Ratatta battling with me. Nicknamed Spearow 'Rage Bird', because he always looks pissed off at everything.
    • I have yet to find the bear I'm looking for, and I'm getting pissed off...
    • Became ENRAGED when I learned that you can only catch Teddiursa either near the end of the game, or by going through Dark Cave. I had Totodile slaughter everything that was on Route 46. Stupid damn Google said I could catch a Teddiursa on Route 46...
    • Started training Spearow, which basically consisted of me sending him out, then switching with Totodile, and netting free EXP.
    • Left Route 46, still pissed off that I was denied my Teddiursa. The reason I picked the Normal-type for this Challenge in the first damn place was because I thought I could get a Teddiursa early, then take it through the entire game. I was lied to.
    • Made it to Cherrygrove City without being attacked by Wild Pokémon, because at this point, they know better than to try.
    • Went to the PokéCenter, accessed the Computer, and dropped Totodile and Ratatta in there for good. Sorry, but this is Normal-types only, Totodile. And Ratatta... go die in a fire. You suck.
    • Logged off the computer and... HOLY ****! GLITCH, GLITCH, MOTHER****ING GLITCH! Everyone's body is completely gone! What the ****!? I gotta get the hell out of this place!
    • Got the hell out of that place.
    • Whew, I'm back to normal. Thank you, Jesus. You saved me back there, from the people with no bodies, and for that, I thank you.
    • Went north to Route 30, and got swarmed by Wild Pokémon after they realized my killing machine was dropped off in the PC. Time to introduce them to Spearow then.
    • That poor Weedle never had a snowball's chance in hell.
    • Neither did that Kakuna.
    • I encountered a Wild Pidgey. Sadly, it was not a Shiny Pidgey, so it had to be eliminated to draw out the Shiny Pidgey.
    • You know, this is one thing that bothers me. Why is it that Weedle don't have the ability 'Poison Point'? I mean, you can see the freaking poisonous barb on its skull, can't you? Also, why doesn't Sentret get the 'Pickup' ability? Pokémon is ****ing confusing, I'll tell you that much.
    • Fought Youngster Joey, and the little prick took my PokéGear Number. Just great. Now I get to look forward to great calls such as 'My Ratatta killed a Pidgey', or 'My Ratatta is so strong', or whatever else the ******* has on his mind. Note to self: every time Youngster Joey calls for a rematch, accept. Then, methodically murder his Ratatta to teach him to shut his damn mouth. I should have told him no, but I couldn't for some reason. Maybe I'm too nice?
    • Sent some Prize Money back to Mom, because Gold is a good boy!
    • Okay, I'm still pretty pissed off at the lack of Teddiursa in my party, so I'm calling it quits for today. Tomorrow, Violet City and Sprout Tower will be taken by storm!
    Current Team

Spr_4h_021.png

Name: Rage Bird/Spearow
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Peck/Growl/Leer
    Level: 7

Spr_4h_161.png

Name
    : Ms. Ferret/Sentret
    Type: Normal
    Attacks: Tackle/Growl/Defense Curl/Quick Attack
    Level: 7

Future Team Thoughts: Well, as soon as I can, I've gotta catch a Bellsprout. It can, if I remember correctly, Cut and Flash, which is exactly what I need to get through Dark Cave. Rock Smash can be taught to Totodile (which will also be my Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall HM SLAVE). Fly, I can teach to my Spearow (which should be a Fearow around the time I get to the Fly HM), and Strength I can teach to Sentret (which would be a Furret at that point), to give it a hard hitting Normal-type attack. That takes care of all seven HMs, and one TM. The next Pokemon I'll be catching is an Aipom, which I can get on Route 46 (SOUTH, unlike Teddiursa), and then a Tauros and Miltank, followed by Teddiursa. If I can't find a Miltank, I'll settle for a Snubble. Doing the Normal-type Challenge is freakin' difficult. I have to rely on Furret, Fearow, and Ambipom (all of them should have evolved by then) until I get to Ecruteak, and then I have to go catch a Tauros and Miltank/Snubbull. Normal-types get a lot of TMs, but they're so freaking far away from each other. Troublesome...

Edit: Okay, after looking over the GameFaqs FAQ, I found out that Meowth can be caught on Route 38/39, and that Snubbull has a 1% chance of showing up without a Swarm going on. Actually, maybe I'll just say no to both of them and get my free Eevee from Bill. I mean, Eevee's stats aren't terrible, and it does get Bite, which would help with Morty... Togepi is another option, and a rather good one. If I can get my hands on a Dawn Stone early on, Togekiss could easily become my main Pokemon. Looks like this Sixth Slot is completely up for grabs. I suppose I can train all of them, and then just change the slot whenever I get bored of with a Pokemon. It's always good to have backups, right?

Edit #2: I just found out that the only way I can get a Dawn Stone is through either Mt. Silver or the Pokeathalon. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    I've been doin' a Bug monotype challenge since I got HeartGold. I beat the E4 and have since decided to start a new party fresh for kanto. I'm up to the 8th gym in Kanto.

=D

My bug team consisted of:
    55 Yanmega
    55 Scyther
    55 Butterfree
    51 Forretress
    53 Parasect
    52 Ariados

My new team is:
    42 Rhydon
    50 Magneton
    42 Arcanine
    41 Exeggcute
    22 Noctowl
    37 Kingdra

Meh, lulz. Can't wait to beat Red so I can start over and do a normal run. Yay Raticate!

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • UPDATE

So , I Made My way to Goldenrod defeating every trainer I could . Answered a quizz to get myself the radio x) . I then cleaned up Whitney's gym , pretty easily . Started the fight with whitney telling myself : *Omg , i've heard she's hard , what's my level 24 Quagsire and my 22 slowpoke gonna do ? Then the battle starts. She throws out clefairy . I'm like okay... what... wait'a'minute ! I put clefairy to sleep. I do 5 Curses. When it wakes up , I kill it . Then comes Miltank and i'm like Oh boy , here's the BAWSS. Then guess what? Slowpoke is Oblivious so she couldn't attract Him :) and her stomp attack? It did 4 damage LAWLS so i just 2 Hit KOed her miltank with heabutt . yeah... a 3 minute battle I think... x). Then I went all the way to Olivine without encountering a trainer , got my hands on a good rod and fished a Poliwag :).I did the Burnt tower event and i'm currently off to challenge Morty's Gym !

TEAM

Slowpoke Level 25

Quagsire Level 25

Poliwag Level 22

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years

• Beat all the Trainers on Route 30, and moved onto Route 31.
    • Found a Bellsprout on my first patch of grass on Route 31. Spearow killed it shortly afterwards. Goddammit.
    • Caught a LV. 3 Bellsprout with minimal effort. I should really get a Hoothoot, just to have a Pokemon with Hypnosis. Say what you want about HootHoot's stats, but it's a decent early-game Sleep-inducer. Gastly is a much better replacement once you can get it though, especially considering its evolution's speed (Gengar) is through the roof.
    • Met up with Kotone in this weird guardhouse building. She, instead of giving me balls this time, gave me a V.S. Recorder, which is basically a dumbed-down version of a video camera. I'd say it's a great gift, but I'd be lying.
    • I found some strange blonde that wants Shards to trade for Berries. So, he wants me to give up sharp objects that I can use to defend myself, for berries? I never knew there were drugs in the Pokemon world. The more you know...
    • Entered the PokeCenter to heal up, but I didn't deposit Bellsprout in a Box yet. I'm gonna need him for Flash soon, and Cut later on, so I don't see the harm in keeping him around.
    • I've gotta say, I'm really digging the revamp of Violet City. Looks nice, and I like the streetlights.
    • Entered Sprout Tower and placed Spearow at the front of the pack. Time to kick some Bellsprout ass.
    • Got my first call from Joey... at 10:40 PM. Are you freaking kidding me? You know what he called me about? He called me, to tell me how he beat a Hoothoot. No, I am not joking. This little asstard called me to tell me about a Pokemon that he's beaten, one that I've beaten countless times before. I'm deleting this prick from my PokeGear. Call me in the middle of the night again and watch what happens.
    • PokeGear won't let me delete numbers! Gayest... thing... ever.
    • Took out all my rage on the Sages in Sprout Tower. I'm starting to feel better. Oh yeah, I met Silver again in the Tower. He's still just as much of a prick as he was last time, only this time, he didn't battle me. Scared much?
    • Beat the Elder with my LV. 10 Sentret. Who's the wise one now, old man? Said old man gave me TM 70, which is FLASH. I'll be using that on Bellsprout, and then, after kicking Faulkner's ass, we'll be taking a trip into Dark Cave.
    • Walked down Sprout Tower instead of wasting a free Escape Rope, returned to the PokeCenter, SAVED my game, and took a small break to read the 'Let's Play' of Firered that I was reading earlier.
    • Went to school, cause real life is such a drag.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    UPDATE:

I beat Whitney with Heracross, though it was really close. I thought the her Rollout would have got me, but Heracross's defense was higher than I thought, so I won!

In the Ecruteak City gym, my Spinarak evolved and made things a lot easier.

I beat Morty with Ariados and Butterfree thanks to Ghost/Psychic type moves! He put up little challenge until Gengar, who KO'd my Ariados (who had taken quite a beating before now) with Shadow Ball, Butterfree stepped up to the plate and, after putting it to sleep, took down Morty's Gengar and won me the badge!

I am currently breeding for an adamant Scyther to get a Scizor, the Metal Coat will come from an unlucky Magneminte who have been rumored to hold them. Upon trading for an evolution with no exp., I am expecting it to learn Bullet Punch, starting up a good moveset and making my team all that stronger. As I am allowed up to 2 HM Slaves, I plan on replacing Furret with a water type to take advantage of the HM's bugs cannot use.

My team so far:

Heracross Level 23:
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Horn Attack
    Endure

Butterfree Level 23:
    Tackle
    Sleep Powder
    Gust
    Confusion

Ariados Level 26:
    Poison Sting
    Night Shade
    Leech Life
    Shadow Sneak

Paras Level 9:
    Scratch
    Stun Spore
    PoisonPowder
    Cut

Furret Level 16:
    Scratch
    Headbutt
    Surf
    Quick Attack

Egg (Scyther):
    Nothing, it's an egg.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    After some grueling subjection to Sprout tower, My Totodile went into shock (@ level 12) when attempting to help train my newly caught Zubat. Since the experience, Totodile refuses to battle ever again. He'll be my HM slave instead. Zubat has gained an interest in slaughtering Bellsprouts and Rattatas.

~Totodile, Lv. 12
    Scratch
    Leer
    WaterGun
    Rage

~Zubat, Lv. 5
    Leech Life
    Supersonic

Next up: the last half of Sprout Tower, Falkner and the collection of Togepi and Hoppip.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I appreciate how often you update. Keep it up guys =]

I'll pick up my ice challenge soon, I just gotta sort some things out.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Short Update:

After only 12 eggs, I got my Adamant Scyther! It's a male, and has Technician (the ability I was hoping for!). It knows Leer, Endure, Brick Break, and Aerial Ace. I bred with my Heracross which explains the strange moves. I don't know the IV's and I don't know how to find them out, but I don't much care honestly.

Now to initiate the complicated trade process. I only have Diamond, so I have to trade it to Diamond without a Metal Coat (never got one from the few Magnemites I caught... But I have on on my Diamond file, so it's all good anyway) and trade back with one to get a Scizor with Bullet Punch (starting the awesome moveset).

More updates to come, peace!

My team so far:

Heracross Level 24:
    214.png

Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Horn Attack
    Endure

Butterfree Level 23:
    12.png

Tackle
    Sleep Powder
    Gust
    Confusion

Ariados Level 26:
    168.png

Poison Sting
    Night Shade
    Leech Life
    Shadow Sneak

Paras Level 9:
    46.png

Scratch
    Stun Spore
    PoisonPowder
    Cut

Furret Level 16:
    162.png

Scratch
    Headbutt
    Surf
    Quick Attack

Scyther Level 1:
    123.png

Leer
    Endure
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • And the game begins for me again. Let's pick up where I left off, shall we?

• Wow. I've gotta say, Violet City looks nice during the afternoon. I could definitely get used to this place. Sadly, I'm a man with a (unwanted) mission, so no resting for me.
    • Entered the Violet City Gym, intent on kicking Faulkner's ass badly.
    • I love this Gym! It's got a freaking elevator, and you battle atop high-beams. But, this is no time to start admiring the scenery, so I take a few steps forward, and step right into the line of sight of a Bird Catcher. Sentret, it's time to destroy!
    • Abe, your Level 9 Spearow is no match for my Level 11 Sentret!
    • Defeated the next Trainer before Faulkner, before challenging the man himself. Oh, this is gonna be good. The faster I kick your ass, the faster I get to move on to the next Gym.
    • During battle, I gain a Level, to reach Level 12! However, Faulkner's Pidgeotto is still a level ahead of us. No matter! If Sentret should fall, Spearow will gladly take his place.
    • Mother****ing Pidgeotto has Roost! Damn you, Pidgeotto!
    • Holy ****! Sentret died to a Tackle attack, and, in exchange, Spearow used Fury Attack FIVE TIMES, one of which was a Critical Hit!
    • I healed Spearow with a Potion, and Pidgeotto responds with a Tackle.
    • Pidgeotto uses Gust, and I just barely live, with about 2 HP left. 2 is more than enough, as Fury Attack strikes, smacking down this annoying bird once and for all, and earning me a Zephyr Badge!
    Zephyr_Badge.png

• Yay! Also, as a gift, he gives me a TM! TM 51 to be exact, which I guess I'll have to save for Togetic/Togekiss. And speaking of Togekiss...
    • As soon as I walk out the Gym, I get a call on my PokeGear from Prof. Elm! Time to get me a Togepi Egg! And for once, I actually plan on keeping it with me!
    • As soon as I reach the PokeMart, I spot a suspicious man dressed in red. Naturally, I walk up and talk to him, only for him to ask me whether or not my name was Gold. Obviously, I answer in the positive, only for him to give me a Super Potion! Thanks, Mom!
    • Got my Egg from the Lab Assistant, the prick that refused to help me when Totodile was out for my blood.
    • Picked up ten PokeBalls while I'm at the Mart, since I might need them soon. I'll have to catch an Aipom after finding the Move Tutor for Headbutt, so I figure that I might as well stock up on my balls while I'm here.
    • After walking out of the PokeMart, I was basically assaulted by a kimono wearing woman. Seriously, all the weird crap happens to me, always. First, I get introduced to about three pedophiles in one day, then one of them gives me a rabid animal, another gives me a machine that I can't hack to play games, or use to get on the Internet, another tries to pawn off his old shoes to me, a Marill tried to kill me in broad daylight, got handed my balls, and found a mutated purple rat. Did I take some LSD before I left New Bark Town?
    • After the strange lady leaves, I walk off to the Pokemon Center, intent on healing up my pals. Now, off to Dark Cave! Oh... wait. I don't have any Pokemon to deal with Geodude. Actually, I was hoping that Faulkner would give me the TM for Mud-Slap. This... could be problematic.
    • Set my sights southward bound, ready for the Level Grinding of my life. If I'm going to get through this cave with a Sentret and Spearow, I'm going to need all the levels I can get.
    • Okay... the Ruins of Alpha are creepy looking. Even more so than the original G/S/C.
    • I'm tempted to teach my Sentret Rock Smash to get through this, and any other caves that will appear in the future. However, I have no idea when I may, or may not, get the TM Brick Break. I guess I should look it up...
    • Yeah, apparently, the only way I'm getting it is going through Battle Frontier, earning 48 Points, and then getting it. Yeah... no dice. Sorry Sentret. Once we've reached Blackthorn City, I'll have you forget this terrible attack. Until then, you'll just have to grin and bear it. Hey, at least it has a chance to lower defense.
    • ... Are you freaking kidding me? Sentret can't even learn Rock Smash!? Are you ****ing kidding me!? When the **** was this decided, and by who!? So you're telling me that Sentret can't learn Rock Smash, but Bidoof can? Go to hell, Nintendo. C'mon, Sentret. We're leaving. This is ********...
    • Battled my way through a vicious purple snake, only to be challenged. I've gotta say though, I'm liking Zubat's new sprite. I may have to start a Poison-type Challenge after this, just for that.
    • Registered Picnicker Liz in my PokeGear because a, she's a chick, and b, she can't possibly be more irritating than Joey and his damn Ratatta. I don't even answer that bastard's calls anymore.
    • Found some Hoppip, which were killed in the name of science.
    • Found a Mareep, which I can't use during this Challenge :(. Sadly, I have to end you, Mareep. I need to save my PokeBalls for Pokemon I intend on using, and sadly, that isn't you. Goodnight, sweet prince.
    • After being forced to end one Mareep, another showed up. I don't know what to do... Spearow... make it painless.
    • OH GODDAMMIT! Another one. They have to be doing this on purpose at this point.
    • Finally, I encountered an Ekans. Wait... don't Ekans eat Spearow? Oh sh-!
    • I believe that I just rolled a Critical. Sorry, Ekans. Looks like you'll have to try harder.
    • Found a Great Ball lying in the grass. Who throws these things away?
    • Found a TM for the attack Bullet Seed. Once again, nothing on my team can use it.
    • Taught Spearow Pursuit, since it could come in handy once we reach Morty.
    • This annoying fat man keeps pestering me to buy a SlowpokeTail. Then, after I turn lard-ass down, he tells me to scram! How rude! I should kick your ass for that, but I'm a benevolent man, so I shall turn the other cheek... for now.
    • Made it to the PokeCenter outside of Union Cave. Healed up my team, and departed for Azalea Town.
    • After a battle with a Bird Catcher, Sentret evolved at the tender level of 15! This is great news for me, since this gives me a Pokemon with a decent chance of combating the Rock-type Pokemon in Union Cave. Spearow can take them out too, with Leer+Fury Attack, provided they don't have Rock Throw, which they won't until around Level 11 (for Geodude at least).
    • Grinded until reaching Level 16 for both Furret and Spearow. Saved my game, and turned off no$gba. Today was a good day.
    Current Team

Spr_4h_021.png

Name: Rage Bird/Spearow
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Peck/Pursuit/Leer/Fury Attack
    Level: 16

Spr_4h_162.png

Name
    : Ms. Ferret/Furret
    Type: Normal
    Attacks: Tackle/Fury Swipes/Defense Curl/Quick Attack
    Level: 16

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    Quick update. I've forgone fighting the 8th gym until I get my second party the mid 50s. So far I've raised my Pokemon thusly:

52 Magneton
    47 Exeggutor
    43 Arcanine
    22 Noctowl (still)
    43 Rhydon
    40 Kingdra

I was working on getting Exeggcute to 47 for Psychic, that way I could evolve him into Exeggcutor for Leaf Storm.

Got my Noctowl to 35 now, and I got Arcanine to 45. I've been getting **** on by Blue in the 8th gym. I'm thinking of just taking my Bug team out again and finishing up the game. =/

Damn Red is gonna be a beast.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    An astounding battle took place starring Z's Zubat and Falkner's team. Zubat silences Pidgey with little effort. When it came to Pidgeotto, there was struggle and a lot of luck involved. In the end, no potions were required, thus Z obtained her first badge and TM gift.

As per normal gameplay, the mystery egg was obtained with the second Pokemon of her team: Togepi (Togekiss). A fair amount of solitary training and searching later, Z stumbled upon her third necessary team member Hoppip. Caution took play in catching the mischievous lightweight bulb. Hoppip was trained in-turn through stubborn perfection and endless patience.

The 'Flying Spirit' team now heads for the damp tunnels of Union Cave.

As for Totodile? He wanted to remain in Z's PC where it was safe from any Bellsprouts.

~Zubat, Lv. 17
    Leech Life
    Wing Attack
    Astonish
    Bite

~Hoppip, Lv. 12
    Poison Powder
    Synthesis
    Tail Whip
    Tackle

~Egg (Togepi)

To Mr. Morrid: I'm not certain that I see the Monotype connection with your newer team. I am aware of your former Bug team, but what does this new group bring to the challenges?

Last edited:

Kiger Mustang

NOW UNDER USERNAME " SWEED "
    Years
  • Ran The Erran for Prof Elm./Mr pokemon with a chikorita , skipped the most trainers I could and went to violet city.Caught Myself a Wooper

Where did you catch this Wooper?

Username: Kiger Mustang (call me Kiger)
    Type: Ground
    Version: SoulSilver
    Team: Donphan, Graveler/Golem, Quagsire, Nidoking, dunno what else.

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • I'll go ahead and attempt this.

Username: SWiseii
    Version: SoulSilver (On a ROM because I don't want to delete my file just yet.)
    Type: Grass (...Wow, most of the gyms are going to be difficult...)

(Nix on the ROM. I'll just have to delete my file since I can't find any that work...)

(And never mind again, I've got a ROM that appears to work now.)

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Got a Scizor at level 1 after the trade and it did indeed learn Bullet Punch. It also learned Quick Attack and is now at level 9 and moving up quite fast.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    Through a cave and under the rain- Z's team grew to the town of Azalea. The group saved a few Slowpoke, battled Rival S (Silver) and found some missing Farfetch'd. Bugsy's gym was a breeze when it came to Z's newly evolved Golbat; the high levels allowed Togepi to train solo for a few rounds.

After obtaining their second badge, the group doubled back to present Togepi to Professor Elm. Hoppip took her turn in evolution and became Skiploom. Totodile wanted to help with the exception of just being an observer, so he learned Cut. Elm rewarded Z with the Everstone, and the Flying Spirit team traversed onto Goldenrod.

Z began saving up to obtain the fourth party member Dratini. There wasn't much in the way of Golbat and Skiploom's competitive natures, although it made Z wonder if it was out of self-growth or jealousy that made the duo battle so. Whitney's team fell easy prey to the combination of Skiploom/Golbat, thus Z's team was rewarded their third badge. They cleaned up a stubborn tree and began to expand their training beyond Ecruteak. Skiploom exceeded Golbat's chain and blossomed into Jumpluff.

~Golbat, Lv 27
    Leech Life
    Wing Attack
    Air Cutter
    Bite

~Jumpluff, Lv. 27
    Poison Powder
    Synthesis
    Bullet Seed
    Tackle

~Togepi, Lv. 10
    Extrasensory
    Charm
    Growl
    Metronome

So far, the first half of the team 'Flying Spirit' are all female.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Added, good luck guys!!

If you have ROM problems, you can VM or PM me for help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    It might have been logged too soon- Crobat emerged 1.5 levels later. At least she and Jumpluff are determined in these expeditions...one way or another.

The team adventured to the lighthouse, after welcoming Dratini: plowing through trainers and facing the ocean's horizon in order to save the ill Ampharos. Cianwood's pharmacist was more than happy to lend a strong remedy, thus Z and her group migrated back to Olivine. A female Mantine was picked up along the way.

Back-tracking to Ecruteak, Flying Spirit team faced Silver for a third time. There was potential struggle with that Magnemite of his, but nothing so bad that Crobat and Jumpluff couldn't pull through [in the end]. Crobat proved his worth in Ecruteak's Gym: enduring damage only once. Natu, the final member, was caught in the Ruins of Alph with one toss of a Pokeball.

Flying Spirit is undergoing extensive training currently.

~Crobat, Lv. 34 F
    Leech Life
    Wing Attack
    Air Cutter
    Bite

~Jumpluff, Lv. 33 F
    Poison Powder
    Mega Drain
    Bullet Seed
    Tackle

~Togepi, Lv. 10 F
    Extrasensory