• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Yeah, well, I got bored of Bug and I don't do stuff that I'm bored of.

Anyway, DESTROYED Whitney. Dragon Rage 2HKO'd both of her Pokemon, even though I had to use a Super Potion after getting Judgement Metronomed. D: Gonna get an Ekans and breed it with my female Dratini so I can get a second pokemon. :/

I have a feeling the Ghost type gym will be very annoying. :/ lol

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Update!

This is all relevant so bear with it please.

~My school has this thing called "Game Club" formed by some of the nerdier students, a.k.a. My friends and I. We haven't been there in some time, even though it was our idea.
    ~We decided to go back after not having anything planned that particular Thursday, and we arrived only to find it had been taken over by dorks and dweebs who reeked of B.O. and greeted us as the "New Kids" (This alone got me pretty pissed so I explained to them what it says above), but since the bus did not come for another half-hour, we reluctantly decided to stay.
    ~We played some Brawl, DDR, Soul Caliber and even some FPS's and I let my friend borrow my DS and battle some kid who honestly wasn't all there mentally.
    ~He fought him with my bug team and they decided to use Pokemon levels 30 and below to be fair.
    ~This kid pulls out a level 40 Murkrow as his 3rd Pokemon and thinks he's being clever (I know this because I watched the battle video that my friend saved afterward).
    ~Needless to say, my team lost (even though Scizor put up one hell of a fight) and I was a bit mad at this kid who can't play by rules.
    ~I went back looking to ask him about it and he was gone. I put my DS down for but a minute to think about it, and someone erased my file when I wasn't looking.
    ~I'm sure they meant it as a joke, but I'm still pretty steamed.
    ~I did not make a backup so it's kinda my fault too. I may continue with this challenge, or I may switch over to Steel... Probably stick with Bug though.

My team so far:

Nothing Level 0:
    Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Nothing
    Nothing
    Nothing
    Nothing

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That sucks chazz. I'll bend the rules a bit if you need any pokemon =/.

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Wow, that sucks Chazz :( What a din. If I still had my bug file, I'd happily trade you some pokemon if EJ allowed it. Unfortunately, now I've switched to Dragon. Which reminds me...

I've hatched a Dratini and I am currently levelling it. Bought some TMs and taught them to both my Pokemon. Will do the Burned Tower and beat the gym soon.

Team when I challenge Ghost Gym

Dragonair
    Lv. 30
    Blizzard
    Dragon Rage (Will be Outrage later)
    Focus Blast
    Agility

Notes: This will be my strongest and hopefully cover all of it's own weaknesses when it is a Dragonite. :D

Dratini
    Lv. 27
    Extreme Speed
    Dragon Rage
    Thunder
    Agility

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Never done this, even though I've always wanted to. :P Thinking about doing fire, but I really hate cyndaquil >.> Think someone could trade me a charmander instead or would that be too against the rules? If not, that's okay, i'll try to get a shiny cyndaquil or something, to make it fun :P

Also, are pokewalker pokemon are allowed? The first page says it is, I think. But it seems no one is using them so I'm not sure. =X

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah I'd allow it. That happened to me two years ago with Diamond and that's where I had competitive teams, 3rd gen legendaries, kanto starters, and mooooreee. I know what's it like to see hard work go to waste.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    That sucks chazz. I'll bend the rules a bit if you need any pokemon =/.

Nah, I think it'll be fine. It wasn't too hard to get the Pokemon that I had anyway (except the Adamant Male Scizor...).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Oh sorry, I said I'd allow Chazz to get help but that's a no to charmander.

You get access to Vulpix, Magmar, growlithe, the starter, etc (can't think of anybody else ATM). If you gimme a good reason as to why you should be allowed, I'll do it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Allright, no problem. Just asking as it was my favorite one. :P I'll think I'll do Psychic, as i've never used a Wobbuffett before and I think Togepi's metronome would be fun in the long run. Pokewalker's allowed, right? If so, I'll be getting Wobuffet pretty early on. If not, then I'll have to wait till after the first for the togepi. Either way, I'll do it.

Username: Robin Hood
    Type: Psychic
    Version: Heartgold

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah they're allowed so no problems. Isn't Togepi a normal/flying though?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    He is o.o Guess I saw Extrasensory on my last play through and just assumed. I've lived a lie for past few years then. Oh well, that's fine. I'l just do normal, since it's a type I've rarely used. Restarting my Heartgold now. :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Normal sounds like fun. I'll sign you up. I'm still considering doing either Steel, dark or Normal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Day One

• Thanked the Nintengod for the ability to skip through to the tutorial.
    • Wondered where Oak got his new snazzy gold jacket.
    • He showed me his Marril. I hate Marril. -.-
    • Checked my "assets" and discovered that I was indeed a boy, and chose that option accordingly.
    • Named myself "Sid" after my hero, Sid Vicious. Anyone who knows who that is gets a free cookie.
    • Had a "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"-esque experience and started my journey.
    • Mom gave me a few things, like the ability to save, which is kinda usefull I guess.
    • Marril hit me as soon as I opened the door. I hate Marrils. -.- So I punched him square in his blue, rat eyed face-body. Don't **** with me, *****.
    • Elm decides to send me on an errand. Blah blah, ocean of text.
    • Got a little hopeful, wishing that on the off chance, one of the starters would be shiny.
    • Cried.
    • Chose dumb, regular colored Totodile. :( Figure he'll be my surf slave.
    • Elm's aide gives me some potions, which I can only assume are some LSD-laced, poke-enhancing superdrug.
    • Talked with Lyra. Marril was hiding behind her. That's right mother****er. I hate Mariil. -.-
    • Talked with Mom, who gave me my Pokegear and explained to me the fine, complicated art of making a call, even when I told her that I knew how. -.-
    • Saved to mow the grass and text my girlfriend, who frankly, I really neglect when Pokemon is involved in any way.
    Team:

Totodile Level 5

-Scratch

-Leer

Would post pictures, but I need 15 post count to do that. :)

Kay back, lawn is freshyl mowed and I'm on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. Clever name.

• Running from any fight, a thing which I rarely do so early in the game, but I don't want to use Totodile anymore than I have to. :/
    • Oh that's cool. If you go past the Apricorn house without going in, the guy comes out for you. That's kinda helpful.
    • Arrived at Mr. Pokemon's house. Always found it so annoying how their's so much text to skip through here. :(
    • Spent literally 20 minutes sitting there, because i kept getting distracted. Damn reality tv.
    • Ran from all the wild battles back.
    • Completely forgot that I had to battle "Passerby Boy" o.o Probably should've trained.
    • After getting growled at by a living blob with a leaf on it's head, my blue-colored wonder was triumphant. Hope you liked that excercise, it's the last you'll ever get.
    • After traveling back to New Bark, the policeman asks me the man's name. I named him Beatle. Because I hate The Beatles. Yeah.
    • I left the lab and was stopped by my best friend and her... Marill. I hate Marril. -.- I stared at it and wondered how filet Marril would taste.
    • She taught me a way to trick Pokemon into being my slaves. Sweet!
    • Caught a Normal/Flying Hoothoot, don't think I'll actually use him though, I just need something to go in my pokewalker to try and get my Khangaskhan. :)
    • Put Hoothoot in there and I'm off. :)
    Team:

Totodile Level 6

-Scratch

-Leer

-Water Gun

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Current Team : Geodude lvl7
    Totodile lvl6

Got to Violet City. Sorry for the crappy description today, I'm tired :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    I will have to [unfortunately] extract my participation as I will no longer have internet to update.

It was a fun challenge never the less, EJ.

This challenge actually taught me the better aspects of any Pokemon.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Aww that sucks, but no problem. It was nice to have you here participating for a while.

=]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back