• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Monster Art Online [remake] (OOC)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • @ Swan, perfect. Accepted! You are free to start playing wherever and whenever you wish. You can't have beaten Bugsy yet though. There are some other players in Sprout Tower and the pokémon school in Violet, and one near Union Cave. I also have a NPC near Union Cave somewhere. So take your pick :3

Thanks for the acceptance! C8 Oh with bug badge I meant Viola's from Kalos, they confusingly have the same name. Hmm Sprout Tower or Union Cave, that's a tough one!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Hmmm... So I have a question. Does this RP have a slot limit or can everyone who wants to join just join?

I kinda really want to join maybe but unfortunately I only have time after Christmas c:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    *cough* That awkward moment when I feel asleep right before I began writing my post..... *cough* I'll have it up later today.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmmm... So I have a question. Does this RP have a slot limit or can everyone who wants to join just join?

I kinda really want to join maybe but unfortunately I only have time after Christmas c:
    Right now spots are closed, because I would have difficulties keeping track of more players. I'll let you know if the situation changes after Christmas though!

*cough* That awkward moment when I feel asleep right before I began writing my post..... *cough* I'll have it up later today.
    xD <3

For new (and old) players, it would be nice if you kept the titanpad updated with your team and details. I've returned to keeping track of your location in the OP of the IC though, because it's easier for me, haha. The link to the titanpad can be found under ROLEPLAYERS in the first IC post. But also here http://titanpad.com/A9UdhDUwyi

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Ffff sorry for not posting. I know it's kinda a terrible excuse, but I just got Pokemon X this Saturday and have been obsessively playing since. I literally haven't touched my computer since then. I'll try and get a post up tonight.

Although, I would like some more player interaction. Does anyone new starting out in Johto or like is already there cool with meeting up? Peria's hanging out in the pokemon school in Violet City right now, but she'll be leaving when I post.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I know it's kinda a terrible excuse, but I just got Pokemon X this Saturday and have been obsessively playing since.
    What are ye talking 'bout, that's the best excuse.

I think {Swan} will be starting out somewhere around there so message her and see if she's up for it!

I think I have a little something to pull players together in Johto soon otherwise, optional of course. I just have to find time and energy to make a longer post in these Christmas times :p

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just poke me when you are done and everything should be alright ;)

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I enjoyed making this last IC post. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Did you guess their identities already? Johto players, feel free to take up the job!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Red?! :oooo that was a twist I didn't expect.

I still don't completely understand the concept of rogues however. Can players in MAO just bring out their Pokemon whenever they like, and command their Pokemon to attack another player without them initiating a battle with them?

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah. If you send a pokémon to attack someone who doesn't agree on being attacked, like a surprise attack or when someone refuses your challenge but you attack anyways - you will automatically become a rogue. You won't get money from that battle, but your pokémon will gain even more experience than usual. At first I thought about doing it the other way around, since it would make sense to have rogues pray on players for money, but it's not really difficult to farm NPC battles for money anyways so more experience might be a better drive. There are eventual reasons for the game to be designed to hold rogues ;)

And if you are labeled as a rogue, let's say it lasts for one or a few days maybe, you will be spotted by clerks and guards and gym workers and other not-just-walking-the-street NPCs and police will come after you, making you pay and go to a jail for some time.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Yeah. If you send a pokémon to attack someone who doesn't agree on being attacked, like a surprise attack or when someone refuses your challenge but you attack anyways - you will automatically become a rogue. You won't get money from that battle, but your pokémon will gain even more experience than usual. At first I thought about doing it the other way around, since it would make sense to have rogues pray on players for money, but it's not really difficult to farm NPC battles for money anyways so more experience might be a better drive. There are eventual reasons for the game to be designed to hold rogues ;)

And if you are labeled as a rogue, let's say it lasts for one or a few days maybe, you will be spotted by clerks and guards and gym workers and other not-just-walking-the-street NPCs and police will come after you, making you pay and go to a jail for some time.

Ah ok. I thought it was like in SAO, where you had to accept an invitation to be able to fight with anyone. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also I slipped in a swear in my last post, which won't happen often, only when passions run high. You don't mind having curses once in a while Rika?

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For it to be legal, non-roguey, you have to accept yes. But the NerveGear is so sneaky so if both parties really want to battle it will count as a legal one even if no "offical" challenge with buttons is made. Complicated stuff is complicated!

I don't mind! It's T-rated, which means it should be okay for people between 13 and 18 to read. I don't know many teenagers who never swear ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Teenagers might be a lot more sweary than they were 10 years ago but we must remember that the rules are based around actual rules and not around modern language despite how "mature" teenagers are. I think the F word may be a bit much in this situation and can be easily be replaced by fricking or frigging or similar words. id say that the T rating is similar to Nickelodeons older shows' kind of language.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I really want to post something... But I have no idea what to talk about besides that earthquake, but that'll only take up one or two sentences..... D:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Teenagers might be a lot more sweary than they were 10 years ago but we must remember that the rules are based around actual rules and not around modern language despite how "mature" teenagers are. I think the F word may be a bit much in this situation and can be easily be replaced by fricking or frigging or similar words. id say that the T rating is similar to Nickelodeons older shows' kind of language.

Yeah, sorry about it then. I'll change it righttt now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you fight back against someone who went rogue and attacked you, you won't become a rogue yourself jsyk :D As long as the NerveGear knew that you really didn't want to get into the fight to begin with.

And in wild pokémon battles, I think the turn system should still be in place. It's not as important as against trainers though, so I don't mind if you pretend it doesn't exist sometimes in wild battles though :p Unless some other RPer minds of course.

Kenneth - capture is successful! Welcome Abra to the team. You are free to assign moves, level and whatever details you feel like to your new pokémon.

Back