• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sorry, but nope (but that might very well change, thanks to the problems with Harmony right now).

Anyway, soon I will reveal a tileset that I made specifically for a special website (Not saying who), along with a few maps.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2013
    hi DON, this tiles are very good.
    But how do you's that you so good Fareben for developing these? Just try, and then you liked?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hackrex and Mike2494, your comments are not meeting posting requirements of the pixel art section. It'd be best if you both review the local rules before posting here again.

Years
  • Okay, I have a huge update. Check the first post for new maps and a new tileset, as well as some pixel art you have not seen before.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Wow nice work man... I just adore your trees :P I'm not sure about the the one with the flower on top though. It's a neat idea, but it doesn't feel right.

One map caught my eye:
    furankimapsu4.png

-The trees look cool, but a bit too long.
    -The pond could use a border. I like the signpost though, old and broken :D I bet it says no swimming hehe
    -The house... no need to comment...

Keep it up!

Years
  • If I forgot to mention it, I will mention it now: Those tiles were made for one of Cartman's South Park hacks, so they are supposed to be very simple, seeing as South Park is made out of construction paper. I tried to capture that feeling, but ultimately failed, as you can see.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Oops.. my mistake.. Ya I've seen South Park and I see what your vision was and I guess it's ok for what it is. My apologies.

Years
  • Thanks for the comment. I have though about it, but since I really do not support the idea of ROM Bases, I did not, and will not, make any.

Anyway, I have an update. Here is the revised PHO Tileset.

photilesetar0.png

Credit me and PHO if used

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    As per usual great tiles Don. It would be nice to see some new interiors and caves though.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • wowza. i completely love the house under the gym set. also really loving the triangular building at the bottom of the sheet. it has that beach house/auditorium look to it.

your tree tiles are flawless too. you should make a map using that palm tree and that beach house. sure, city on the beach is an old'd, but those houses are just too gorgeous to not see a themed map.

the only thing i can leave a critique on is the wooden brick houses and gym tiles in the PHO tileset. the concept is clear that the roofs of the buildings are exposed to lighting that separates the north and south side of them. the problem is the lighting is a little too soft for the north side of the roofs for those buildings. maybe it's just the pattern on the roofs of those buildings that makes it look less like the north and south side of the roof, or maybe it's just me... XD

do you see what i mean tho?

Years
  • Yeah, I noticed it. I have really been meaning to contrast it a mit more, but I have been mainly concentrated on making new tiles.

And axlefoley, I have tried making interiors before (Even though it was a while ago) and they were terrible. About th caves thing, I already have 3 mountain sets and plenty of rocks done in the same style (Though I should make a crater and stalactite and stalagmite).

Years
  • Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, I have some new maps for you, and an update to the PHO Tileset.

mapletonur9.png

Mapleton

route562ki4.png

Route 562

bloomingbudtownreinvisigr1.png

BloomingBud Town (Reinvisioned, No one allowed to use)

photilesetob5.png

PHO Tileset (Give credit to PHO if used) (January 13, 2008)

Years
  • Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, I have some new maps for you, and an update to the PHO Tileset.

mapletonur9.png

Mapleton

route562ki4.png

Route 562

bloomingbudtownreinvisigr1.png

BloomingBud Town (Reinvisioned, No one allowed to use)

photilesetob5.png

PHO Tileset (Give credit to PHO if used) (January 13, 2008)

Do you got them already inserted in a tileset to please..I would really appreciate it..:)
    and the palettes to if I may use them (I want to use them in my not posted hack)

Years
  • Sorry, but I do not have them inserted (yet, *hint* *hint*). And I don't care if you use my palettes, just please credit me for them.

Anyway, I have a new map. I call this one Pineside.

pinesidemountain2aq9.png

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • wow, absolutely beautiful. i love how you inserted grass/bush tiles in between the tree tiles. a lot more aesthetically appealing than the standard continuous tree tile set up.

only thing i can comment on is the flat mountain range tiles. the pattern for the mountain walkways have a volcanic look to it rather a mountain. maybe you should simplify the pattern so that it looks less like a repeating crater kind of thing... if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back