• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Originally posted April 8th, 2008
    Yes, they would be. The proportions I am going to go for are the same as the ones for RSE, but with a lot more detail. I haven't really started on them yet, though. I had play practice yesterday.

Hey, just a little update. I have not stopped spriting, but rather I have been playing games and figuting out a design for my game, Let It Rain, and I think I have an idea of the style I am going to go for.

Anyway, to back into the hang of spriting, I decided to do a devamp of some Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart tiles, so they would be able to fit in a hack. They most certainly are not the greatest, but the practice certainly helped (and it will show next week or so).

More Tiles from Me

I also toyed around with an isometric style, but ultimatly gave up, due to my inexperience in the area. Here is the lineart, if someone wants to play around with them.

More Tiles from Me

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Ur tiles r so beautiful!
    1 question:
    How do u use someone's tiles(if ur allowed) if all they show is a picture of the tiles?

Atomic Reactor

those tiles look great, are you quitting your other style?

good attempt at the iso. it looks good.
    did you have trouble with the roof? cause thats were i think it would be hardest.
    good luck with the rest =)

EnteiTheMant

[Crimson Courage]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    The tiles on the first page are amazing!! I love them. Good job; keep it goin!

Years
    @AR: Yes, that does mean I am quitting my other style. I still found too much Pokémon-style in them. This new style is less Pokémon.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I have been working on a website, which I was going to debut my new set on, but my webhost's server crashed (and I really don't want to upload 20MB of files over dial-up). So instead, I am just going to post them here. I know, I don't have very many at the moment, but this new style takes a lot of time.

More Tiles from Me

Atomic Reactor

is there a shadow under the tree?
    i thin there should be..
    looks great otherwise!

Years
    Actually, there is. Instead of the dark ring like in Pokémon tiles, I made the grass a shade darker. Maybe I should have made it two shades...

Anyway, here is something I drew because I was really bored. And yes, it is supposed to be in black and white.

More Tiles from Me

Atomic Reactor

yeah i would make the shadow a tad bit darker ^_^
    keep up the great work!
    o, and nice beach scene btw. it looks... refreshing =)

Years
    Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, I sprited some more tiles, and I made a map to go along with then (granted, the map is puny). Hope you like them.

More Tiles from Me

Tileset

More Tiles from Me

Map

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    ooooo kewl. looks gritty. i'd reduce the amount of darkened spots or soften them... i dunno, it looks like an embroidery effect was placed on the whole thing. the grass is fine that way, but the ground/pathway parts could probably use some simplifying.

Years
    Ori ginally Posted May 7, 2008
    Originally Posted May 6th, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. Samson, that path you are referring too is supposed to be sand (I just haven't made the ocean tiles yet), but yeah, eventually I will release some more simple versions of these tiles (do you think it would be a bad idea to also simplify the palette for the simplified versions?).

Well, I got really bored at school today, so I drew this. Yes, it is a traffic cone. I was inspired by the one sitting in the parking lot.

More Tiles from Me
    Well, I just recovered this from my flash drive. I drew four potatoes, each are different. I also tried an all-black outlining style, which is becomming popular at Serebii (I still prefer colored outlines, though).

More Tiles from Me

Atomic Reactor

to bad they're not real =(

first one looks the best.
    im not a big fan of black outlines either.

Years
    Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't say they look delicious, though (personally, I think they look like something I am not going to mention).

Anyway, here is an update to my latest tileset. I added some rocks and some flowers (working on animations for the yellow ones). I also made a new map to with them. Hope you like them.

More Tiles from Me

Tileset

More Tiles from Me

Another Unnamed Map

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

just one thing...
    the (2) rocks with stuff on top doesn't look that great. im not sure what it even is.. =/

Years
    It is supposed to be moss. To tell you the truth, I don't like them much either, but that was the best way I could make them look. They are only there for variety, anyway.

EDIT: Updated the map, it had some errors in it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back